NTL box not working! please help!!

I have an NTL Pace STB in bedroom, problem started last night when I tried to change channel.

When turn over tv just went black with the banner thing still on screen then box froze, so I switched box off and on again.

Now it stays on the white screen with NTL logo on it.

Help very much appreciated!

Chris.

Comments

• stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    I had a similar problem. I just removed the power lead and put it back in again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    just tried that, still same,

When I turn on it stays on the white ntl screen with one green light on front of box, nothing else.

Chris.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    Have you tried taking the card out while you have the box powered down and giving the card a wipe. Make sure you put the card back in the box before you put the power on again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 352
    Forum Member
    Well electric thingsdo just die sometimes.
    Great advantage of ntl over sky is they have to pay for the new one, not you.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    The loss of a card would not stop the box booting, it would only prevent you de-encrypting services. Do you get any error messages or error numbers from the STB. Always worth checking the connections at both the back of the STB and at the wall socket.
    I think the STB may actually be knacked.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    Whereabouts are you based? Is it possible NTL have sent an update to your cable box?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 467
    Forum Member
    My parents got the upgrade last week ut killed both there boxs, both had to be replaced.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    Based in Colne, Lancashire,

Tried wiping card, nothing,

it just boots then stays on white screen with ntl logo, then stays there all day,

I thought there may be an update downloading so left it on all day, still nothing!!!
  • BrianlionBrianlion Posts: 2,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    atmels may be corrupted

get ntl out
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    Based in Colne, Lancashire,

Tried wiping card, nothing,

it just boots then stays on white screen with ntl logo, then stays there all day,

I thought there may be an update downloading so left it on all day, still nothing!!!
    This happened to me, got an engineer up, had to get a new box.

Got a new samsung though
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    Hi
    New to this so be gentle, had Ntl for about 4 weeks now (Samsung)and over the last couple of days had a flashing green light on the front, no interactive services just a message saying they are unable to show these at present and error code M033 or M0334. The channels are fine apart from freezing during channel change. Any ideas as to what is causing this. I live in Harrogate.