Sky Remote Code (Poloroid)

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
Forum Member
Just bought a new Polaroid (FLU-3232) 32" LCD tv and I can't get my Sky Remote to connect with it. I've rung Sky and they weren't of any use. I've tried the 3 and 4 code methods (blink back) and nothing works! Any ideas? Thanks!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are you using the latest (Rev.8) Sky remote?
    Try here: http://www.satcure.com/tech/digicode.htm
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    I'm using a Rev.6 remote, will I need to upgrade?
  • MikembeMikembe Posts: 274
    Forum Member
    Yes.

Follow Sam's link above to see how & what to do etc.
    Forum Member
    Cheers for the help, £25 on a new Sky remote it is!
  • GeejaayGeejaay Posts: 966
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd be interested to know if you get anywhere with this. I've been trying for months to get a code to control a Polariod. They seem to be aware of the problem, but as far as I can see there's nothing official from either Polaroid or Sky....http://polaroid.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/polaroid.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=3803&p_created=1169591350&p_sid=DEQdUSCi&p_accessibility=0&p_lva=3803&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9MzUmcF9wcm9kcz0yMjgsMzY0JnBfY2F0cz0mcF9wdj0yLjM2NCZwX2N2PSZwX3NlYXJjaF90eXBlPWFuc3dlcnMuc2VhcmNoX25sJnBfcGFnZT0z&p_li=&p_topview=1

Satcure doesn't seem to have anything much either, although two "unoffical" codes have been contributed by readers...

POLAROID FLU-26321 [SKY Rev 4 or earlier] 1111
    POLAROID FLU-2632 [SKY+ Rev 6] 206

Code 206 might work for you given you appear to have Rev.6. I haven't tried it yet as I only came across it this morning. I might be wrong, but I don't think splashing out on a Rev.8 will solve your problems
    Forum Member
    Just rung Sky, rung Currys and rung Polaroid. Sky recommended 1111, Currys had no idea and Polaroid said 1523 is the only code they have from Sky.

Grrr!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Then you may be - to use a delicate term - "stuffed". ;)

Next time, buy a TV model which is listed as having a code. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tried the 206 code last night and it worked...:D It's a Polaroid 26", not a 32" like yours, but I can't see them being any different. Hope it works for you
    Forum Member
    Nah didn't work, going to take the TV back. I'm not using 3 remotes all the time (Sky, TV and Surround Sound). Doing my head in!
  • davemurgatroyddavemurgatroyd Posts: 13,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    l0st wrote: »
    Nah didn't work, going to take the TV back. I'm not using 3 remotes all the time (Sky, TV and Surround Sound). Doing my head in!

Codes for the latest TVs will not work in older remotes and that is probaly your problem
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've had a rethink and maybe it is worth trying a new Rev.8 remote after all. We've got an HD controller which I think can only ever be Rev.8 and we got code 206 to work. Make sure you're following the programming instructions exactly, including the bit about pointing the remote away from the TV (I actually cover up the infra-red with my hand)

From Sky.com...
    1. Select any channel on your TV.
    2. Point your Sky remote away from the TV and press tv
    3. Press and hold down select and the red button simultaneously until the red light at the top of your Sky remote flashes twice.
    4. Input the Sky remote control code and press select . The red LED at the top of the Sky remote control should flash twice.
    5. Point your Sky remote at the TV and try the volume button. If this works try other TV functions. If these work then the correct code has been selected.
    Forum Member
    I'm having problems with my Sky+ so an engineer is coming round from sky tomorrow. I'll ask to borrow a Rev.8. Cheers, I'll let you know the outcome.