Ford Fiesta Radio Code

Hi I have a ford fiesta 53 reg with a ford 4500 rds radio in it, but the radio is locked and and i dont have the code or serial number. So i was just wondering if anyone knew how to remove the radio to access the serial number or if theres a master code?

Cheers

Comments

• SigurdSigurd Posts: 26,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If all else fails you could try this lot:

http://www.car-audio-accessories.co.uk/ford_radio_codes.php

Apparently it costs £5 to get the code. Incidentally, note this bit of the page:
    The Ford 4500 RDS Unit found in late model fiesta's does not need to be removed from the vehicle to obtain the serial number, simply turn on the radio, hold down button 6 and press 2. The serial will be shown allowing you to easily get your ford radio code.

I know nothing about how good the company is, though.
  • lea27lea27 Posts: 11,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    damn i knew a website where if you told the bloke the number on stereo or something like that he told you the key code, worked on our car, might be worth a quick google search. it was a forum.
  • banbury_oddballbanbury_oddball Posts: 1,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know the forum well, but they won't accept complete strangers and their first post requesting a car stereo unlock code anymore - quite rightly so.

I think you have to have 10 quality posts now from memory.
  • lea27lea27 Posts: 11,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well some of them on that froum seem to have only posted the once.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if its that easy to get the code why bother putting them on there in the first place...
  • FinglongaFinglonga Posts: 4,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you tried the front of the owners handbook? If not there are two holes either side of the radio, if you cut two U shaped peices out of an old wire clothes hanger and push them in the holes untill you hear a click (about half in inch) the unit should pull out. Chances are its written on the top of it. Has been on all the Fords I have replaced radios on.;)
  • morduemordue Posts: 2,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The original dealer will have the vehicle file which should log the radio code, alarm codes VIN number etc

They are required to keep for 5 years I think

Try ringing the originating supplying dealer

Hope this helps
  • DRY_SWEEPERDRY_SWEEPER Posts: 3,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    widnes88 wrote: »
    Hi I have a ford fiesta 53 reg with a ford 4500 rds radio in it, but the radio is locked and and i dont have the code or serial number. So i was just wondering if anyone knew how to remove the radio to access the serial number or if theres a master code?

Cheers

The radio code should be in with your car books like the service history and the manual, however there should be a radio book with them with it in

If you have lost it just go to the Ford dealership and they can find out from your registration number plate, presumably the stereo was factory fitted from new and hasnt been changed

BTW, surely you would want to have a better stereo than the standard Ford one, you can get them cheap on mail order from the Max Power mag

You need keys to pull the stereo out as well should you need to, you get these from Halfords for £3.99 (2 bent wires)
  • asp746asp746 Posts: 7,286
    Forum Member
    i bought a secondhand car and had the same trouble. There'll be an advert in your local paper for people who will come to place of work or home to unlock it.

mine cost £15 a few months back.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cheers everyone, the problem is sorted now.
    i just used the method that Sigurd quoted (hold 6 and press 2) to get the serial number, then put the number on some other message board that i found through google and someone replied with the code not long after - so it cost me nothing!

Also I couldn't just pull the radio out - you cant do that in fiestas from 02-05(i think) as the radios are built behind the panel with 3 different sections appearin through 3 different holes cut out in the centre panel.

Also iv lost all the books so couldn't get the code from them.

Thanks for the help everyone
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry I can't help but we did have a similar problem with our Rover radio. If you typed in the wrong code you had to wait several minutes and that time was doubled each time the wrong code was typed in. Very irritating!
    In the end we went to a Rover garage and they kindly fixed it for us for free. It was all to do with typing a nought at the beginning of the code.
    Could you try going to a Ford garage and asking them to help you?