50th Anniversary Trailer for 3D cinema screenings?

Ed SizzersEd Sizzers Posts: 2,671
Forum Member
✭✭✭
as ive just said on twitter,i suspect this is also going to be the 3D trailer for Cinemas

I think Gareth is onto something here. Between the way the camera moves around, to the many objects floating in the foreground of almost every shot, it's seems almost certain the intention is that this trailer was made to be seen in 3D.

Given that a 3D trailer will only be shown in 3D alongside a 3D movie, that only gives us two options between now and the 23rd (as far as I know). Thor opens on October 30th and Gravity on November 8th.

Both movies would seem quite appropriate to attach the trailer to, although despite the space-wacey theme of Gravity, Thor seems the most likely contender. It's a big science-fiction/fantasy/superhero epic, plus Christopher Eccleston is playing the bad guy.

Comments

• GARETH197901GARETH197901 Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ed Sizzers wrote: »
    I think Gareth is onto something here. Between the way the camera moves around, to the many objects floating in the foreground of almost every shot, it's seems almost certain the intention is that this trailer was made to be seen in 3D.

Given that a 3D trailer will only be shown in 3D alongside a 3D movie, that only gives us two options between now and the 23rd (as far as I know). Thor opens on October 30th and Gravity on November 8th.

Both movies would seem quite appropriate to attach the trailer to, although despite the space-wacey theme of Gravity, Thor seems the most likely contender. It's a big science-fiction/fantasy/superhero epic, plus Christopher Eccleston is playing the bad guy.

i agree,having seen many 3D films you can tell if something has been designed to work inside and outside the window and it feels like its been designed with depth in mind
  • Sharon87Sharon87 Posts: 3,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah that's what I thought the first time I saw the trailer. I knew it would be screened in 3D in cinemas.
  • gingerfreakgingerfreak Posts: 523
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What, things being obviously suspended in space, with pointy things mysteriously close to the viewer and almost inexplicable near-to-mid focal points moving slowly one way or the other? Of course it has 3D in mind. And while I'm not a fan of 3D I think this trailer will be very effective. Some real thought has gone into it.