Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met

Comments

• MiddleotroadMiddleotroad Posts: 1,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    amilo wrote: »
    I've heard Ryan Giggs likes to keep a low profile all right.............;)

No replies? But that statement is a little obscure, amilo.:confused: I'm sure if you cared to elaborate, you would get a few more replies.;);)
  • PhoenixblissPhoenixbliss Posts: 9,478
    Forum Member
    Robbie Fowler in his homecity of Liverpool was originally lauded locally for being a down to earth working class hero but he morphed into quite an arrogant I dont care if this womans spoken for I am a premiership footballer how could any female not want to bed me if I ask?.Hubris.:mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm a media accountant so I've met a couple of fairly local celebrities. No-one that famous though :cry:

James Bolam - eccentric but seemed very nice. Kept thanking everyone for everything they did, no matter how small. For example, his trailer was very basic but he made a big point of telling everyone how lovely it was and how grateful he was for it!

Ruth Jones - very nice and friendly but scatter-brained! Trying to do her accounts was a nightmare :D

Rhydian (X Factor a few years ago) - was very nice and humble at the time, but I think he was still in shock at having done so well on the X Factor as it was only a few weeks after the finale. Have known a few people who've met him since and said he's turned into a bit of an arrogant sod, which is a shame.

Tony Hart (TV artist!) - met him when I was about 4 or 5 (he would have been about 70 at the time!) and I was totally starstruck :o I wanted to marry him. He was in a bookshop in Devon and I was outside, but was far too shy to go and talk to him. He saw me staring and gave me a little wave but he was very busy.

John Barrowman - hyperactive, called my sister 'babe' which made her blush.

Eve Myles - just lovely. Can't say anything bad about her at all.

Gareth David-Lloyd - very shy, but seemed pleasant enough. Don't think he had got used to being recognised yet.

David Tennant - I haven't met him sadly, but my friends have. He was filming a Doctor Who Christmas special and they wanted an autograph but didn't have any paper, so he fished around in his pockets for an old envelope and signed that! Also signed a lot of handmade Christmas cards for my grandma's friend so she could sell them for charity, which was very nice of him :)

Colin Jackson - I haven't met him, but I did some work on a TV programme with him in and everyone said he was quite nice but a bit distant.

Ioan Gruffudd - my old Welsh teacher lives in the same village he grew up in and they're friends; her husband is the vicar of the local church. She went to his wedding and she's completely in love with him. Apparently he's lovely, totally down to earth and doesn't act like he's famous at all. :)

Can't think of any more. :(
  • Hobbes1966Hobbes1966 Posts: 5,364
    Forum Member
    amilo wrote: »
    Oh no reply!
    No replies? But that statement is a little obscure, amilo.:confused: I'm sure if you cared to elaborate, you would get a few more replies.;);)

Very possible MOR but I suspect if amilo did elaborate they wouldn't be around to read any replies.
  • Kayleigh2010Kayleigh2010 Posts: 1,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    compared to some of the amazing stories i've read in this thread mine are crap

My mum and dad were in town once and as they were walking out of some shop doors they held it open for this man and woman. My mum recognised the man and said to my dad "is that who I think it is" and the man looked at my dad and gave him a nod and smile. It was Joe Calzaghe :)

On a seperate occasion I was walking through town with my friend and I recongnised this guy with his gf carrying loads of bags walking past me, I then realised it was Joe Calzaghe. I would have asked for his autograph but they were walking so fast. :(

Now for my real claim to fame lol I once e-mailed Bruce Campbell (the coolest guy on the planet) telling him how much I adored him and his work and he e-mailed me back. Yay :D I still have the e-mail, it always makes me smile when I read it over for the 20 millionth time :D such a cool guy
  • Serenity79Serenity79 Posts: 1,981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I crewed my friend's Doctor Who convention over the weekend and had the great pleasure of helping to look after Tony Curran, Ian McNeice, Neve McIntosh and Neil Roberts. I don't even have words to describe how lovely and down to earth they were. I didn't get to spend just as much time with Ian as he had to rush back to the airport for work comitments, however I got to spend quite a lot of time hanging out with the other guys. All completely adorable, warm, funny and generous. Love them :D
  • Ms ScarlettMs Scarlett Posts: 310
    Forum Member
    I bet all the passengers on this flight like Darren Clarke :D

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/northern-ireland/jubilant-darren-clarke-flies-home-and-buys-passengers-a-drink-16001383.html

Always comes across a such a nice guy
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Suranne Jones is really lovely and so down to earth :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    unclekevo wrote: »
    Suranne Jones is really lovely and so down to earth :)

I thought she was rather up herself with her humongous feet.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought she was rather up herself with her humongous feet.

Definitely not, when I met her she couldn't take enough time to talk to people and no airs or graces about her.

My brother met Amir Khan and said he was nice

Oddly my sister's boyfriend met Naomi Campbell and despite what everyone says about her, he said she was lovely.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I met Dec from Ant and Dec when I was P1 as his cousin was at my primary school and although I don't remember a lot from it, he got photos taken with everyone and my mum who is in charge of the school kitchen said he was lovely to her as well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Michael McIntyre, is the loveliest guy EVER. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 107
    Forum Member
    kirsten Stewart - Twilight girl - Virgin Atlantic flight LAX to LHR last week upper class cabin - I was sitting in the next row - she was a bit worse for wear, swearing and going on about her boyfriend - very loud and it was good when she fell asleep!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People in my year met John James from Big Brother 11 in an airport on the way home from a Music trip and said he was arrogant, rude and acted like he was an A Lister!
  • super bantamssuper bantams Posts: 1,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People in my year met John James from Big Brother 11 in an airport on the way home from a Music trip and said he was arrogant, rude and acted like he was an A Lister!

Theres a surprise then! I would walk the other way if I saw this so called 'celebrity'
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now for my real claim to fame lol I once e-mailed Bruce Campbell (the coolest guy on the planet) telling him how much I adored him and his work and he e-mailed me back. Yay :D I still have the e-mail, it always makes me smile when I read it over for the 20 millionth time :D such a cool guy

wow thats so nice he replied! a guy i know said he met bruce campbell in an airport once. he went gushing up to him and said 'you're literally the coolest guy on the planet' and apparently bruce pushed down his aviators, looked him right in the eye and winked then said 'well.. someone's gotta be' :D
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    a guy i know said he met bruce campbell in an airport once[...]bruce pushed down his aviators

At first I thought you said Bruce pushed him down the escalator! Ha. Like a real tough guy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    Definitely not, when I met her she couldn't take enough time to talk to people and no airs or graces about her.

My brother met Amir Khan and said he was nice

Oddly my sister's boyfriend met Naomi Campbell and despite what everyone says about her, he said she was lovely.

I'm surprised about Naomi, lol. She's intimidating.:p
  • lealeedslealeeds Posts: 2,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PiperPeach wrote: »
    Michael McIntyre, is the loveliest guy EVER. :)

Have you actually met him? I;d heard he was a right pain.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    And and Dec - Back in their Byker Grove days...seemed nice, and unlike some of the cast they didn't treat the extras like utter crap. Declan especially always came across like a nice person.

Michael Ball - Lovely man, tried to make time to speak to everyone even though his schedule for the weekend I met him was ten kinds of insane.

Roger Moore - Utter gentleman, and very charming. And this was on a bad day - it later turned out he'd been quite ill that weekend.

Jane McDonald - Lovely. Prior to meeting her I hadn't been much of a fan, thought her whole 'persona' a bit of an act. It isn't - that's Jane. She also sounds as great singing without a microphone or any digital fiddling as she does on stage - nothing fake about her!

Cliff Richard - Seemed nice but not entirely on the planet.

Honor Blackman - An absolute lady. Very kind and quite funny.

Emma Bunton - Very friendly and nice,

Robson Greene - Sadly, a complete arse. Head completely up his own backside.

Myleene Klass - Moody, stand-offish and borderline unprofessional. I was quite disappointed as I'd heard she was lovely.

Denise Welch - Quite unpleasant to be around and seemed drunk.

Tamsin Outhwaite - Cameras on - all smiles and nice. Cameras off - Sour-faced, unpleasant and sneering.
  • Kayleigh2010Kayleigh2010 Posts: 1,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wow thats so nice he replied! a guy i know said he met bruce campbell in an airport once. he went gushing up to him and said 'you're literally the coolest guy on the planet' and apparently bruce pushed down his aviators, looked him right in the eye and winked then said 'well.. someone's gotta be' :D

Yeah, I was so happy when I opened my inbox and seen it :) wow, that is so cool and so Bruce lol the man is a legend
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MoJo-Girl wrote: »
    A friend of mine was living in LA for a while as she was trying to become an actress. She was in a supermarket and didn't have enough dollars for what she wanted - she forgot she had already spent a $20 bill.

Justin Timberlake was a few people behind her in the queue. He could see she was getting more and more embarrassed and the shop assistant wasn't particuarly patient with her. He moved out of the queue and only paid for her shopping!!! Not a huge amount, just $30 - odd dollars.

I didn't believe her when she told me, until she showed me a pic on her camera phone!! :eek:
    *Cadhla* wrote: »
    That's so nice!!! Justin always came across as decent.

He visited local ski centre some years ago and was surrounded by kids wanting his autograph but he had some heavies who kept them all well back and he would not speak to any of them. He did not make any friends that day.
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh now why doesn't that surprise me:D;)
  • rubyred25rubyred25 Posts: 1,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Simon Cowell - same as on tv and a terrible flirt.
    Sean Connery- lovely, very loud and deep voice but charming.
    David beckham- cheeky and down to earth
    Shayne warne- ladies man
    Claudia winkleman- lovely, and so much smaller than expected but cute.
    Bruce forsythe- funny, happy, jolly
    Jodie kidds brother's wife- awful and her mum. rudest person on earth.
    Sarah ferguson- pretty, nice, normal
    Vinnie Jones wive Tanya- scary
    Kirk douglas- not that nice
    met so many but these stick in my mind.
    Simon is the person I remember the most, as met just before x factor, his sarcasm didn't match mine, but he's a terrible flirt. Very likeable and charming.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I met Gregg Wallace today (and his wife) - Both so lovely. He is much slimmer in person! lol