Peep Show Series 8 (Starts Sun 25th Nov, C4 10:00pm)

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 301
Forum Member
Starts this sunday 25th of november!

Waaaaaaaahhhh I am so excited! Although I read somewhere that Olivia Colman (Sophie) won't be appearing in this series can anyone clarify this?

If this is true its very disappointing news!

I enjoyed the last series (series 7) but I felt it didn't quite have the same magic as the previous 6 series did. I know a lot of people who disagree with my opinion though! I just hope series 8 won't be the start of a downward trend as peep show in my eyes has been one of the most constantly brilliant sitcoms in a long time!

:cool:

Comments

• SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nicotine wrote: »
    Starts this sunday 25th of november!

Waaaaaaaahhhh I am so excited! Although I read somewhere that Olivia Colman (Sophie) won't be appearing in this series can anyone clarify this?

If this is true its very disappointing news!

I enjoyed the last series (series 7) but I felt it didn't quite have the same magic as the previous 6 series did. I know a lot of people who disagree with my opinion though! I just hope series 8 won't be the start of a downward trend as peep show in my eyes has been one of the most constantly brilliant sitcoms in a long time!

:cool:

Sophie hasn't really been a mainstream character since Dobby came along. It would be weird if she wasn't in it at all though.

Thought series 7 was pretty good although Jez's love interest (Zara) wasn't that believable as the type he would go for.

I'm hoping Mark has got himself some kind of permanent job now though so there is a replacement for JLB.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 301
    Forum Member
    Sophie hasn't really been a mainstream character since Dobby came along. It would be weird if she wasn't in it at all though.

Thought series 7 was pretty good although Jez's love interest (Zara) wasn't that believable as the type he would go for.

I'm hoping Mark has got himself some kind of permanent job now though so there is a replacement for JLB.

A new JLB would be a good development. I have to say I missed JLB from series 7 and it might of been partly why I didn't enjoy the series so much. It is going to get more difficult keeping characters like Johnson/Jeff integrated in the series now thats for sure. Will be interesting to see how they develop it.

No doubt the first episode of this new series will consist of the introduction of a new character/love interest for Jeremy, and then the rest of the series will just be the ups and downs of the relationship with a major blow being delivered on the last episode and they will be gone. I hope it doesn't follow this trend again though as its getting a little predictable now.

I didn't like Zara either. I kind of hope she doesn't pop up again. The zara jeremy story line wasn't that good IMO. I would love Elana (the bi-sexual love interest from series 6) or Nancy (the american) to come back!! Or of corse Big Suze :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed the Christmas episode in Series 7, I hope we get another one this year :D I don't think Big Suze will be in this series. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 301
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed the Christmas episode in Series 7, I hope we get another one this year :D I don't think Big Suze will be in this series. :(

I think they're will be a christmas and maybe new years day episode like last year and thats why the series is starting late november so it wraps up around christmas :)
  • bazellisbazellis Posts: 5,405
    Forum Member
    Yes Yes Yes:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nicotine wrote: »
    A new JLB would be a good development. I have to say I missed JLB from series 7 and it might of been partly why I didn't enjoy the series so much. It is going to get more difficult keeping characters like Johnson/Jeff integrated in the series now thats for sure. Will be interesting to see how they develop it.

No doubt the first episode of this new series will consist of the introduction of a new character/love interest for Jeremy, and then the rest of the series will just be the ups and downs of the relationship with a major blow being delivered on the last episode and they will be gone. I hope it doesn't follow this trend again though as its getting a little predictable now.

I didn't like Zara either. I kind of hope she doesn't pop up again. The zara jeremy story line wasn't that good IMO. I would love Elana (the bi-sexual love interest from series 6) or Nancy (the american) to come back!! Or of corse Big Suze :D

After seeing the teaser trailer i'm not sure if they're giving Mark a permanent job as it mentions something about him having a book published.

I think it would make sense if Johnson got a new role heading a company somewhere and offered Mark and Jeff jobs as people he knew and trusted to work for him from their JLB days.

I quite liked the storyline and Jeremy getting increasingly annoyed with Ben. I just didn't like the Zahra character. She didn't seem like the kind of woman either Jeremy or Ben would actually be interested in let alone fighting over.

Jeremy's main love interests have been Toni (S1), Nancy (S2 & S4), Big Suze (S3 & S5), Elena (S6) and finally Zahra (S7). Zahra is by far the poorest.

Although the series is being shown at this time of year i doubt there'll be Christmas and New Years episodes again.
    They've already done that now so don't think it would work again.

As long as there's loads of Super Hans, this series should be great.
  • taffstartaffstar Posts: 112
    Forum Member
    tell you what, this crack is really moreish
  • ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Interview in the Guardian with some titbits about the new series:

Fear and loathing in Croydon

Ashamed to say I'm one of those people who keep forgetting Mitchell & Webb don't actually write Peepshow:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shrike wrote: »
    Interview in the Guardian with some titbits about the new series:

Fear and loathing in Croydon

Ashamed to say I'm one of those people who keep forgetting Mitchell & Webb don't actually write Peepshow:o

Nice interview.

Shame to hear that there will be no Sophie but i suppose Dobby has taken her place in the series now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    12 hours to go.

Really hope this lives up to expectations.
    Can't believe it's been 2 years!
    Think this is the longest gap there's been between series.
  • googlekinggoogleking Posts: 15,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    can't wait :)
  • SteelEdgeSteelEdge Posts: 6,903
    Forum Member
    Hope Johnson pops up more often, think he was only in one episode last series, he's fantastic. Not really bothered about Sophie not being in it, she really annoyed me from about Series 4 onwards. Would be nice to see the lovely lovely Big Suze again though, she's royalty don't you know?
  • ImonfireImonfire Posts: 2,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SteelEdge wrote: »
    Hope Johnson pops up more often, think he was only in one episode last series, he's fantastic. Not really bothered about Sophie not being in it, she really annoyed me from about Series 4 onwards. Would be nice to see the lovely lovely Big Suze again though, she's royalty don't you know?

Pretty much this.

Going by Robert Webb's twitter, The Johnson is in it, but not as much as people would hope, but there is lots of Super Hans.

Can't stand Sophie from about series 3 and starting to feel the same about Dobbie in the last series.

More Big Suze and that Mark's Uni girl who he stalked would be cool, but probably won't happen.
  • ImonfireImonfire Posts: 2,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

As long as there's more lines like "A real Jezzing" and "before I do a Mark in my pants" it will be great.
  • Trappedin80'sTrappedin80's Posts: 6,270
    Forum Member
    So glad it's finally back.

Can't wait.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shame C4 didn't put the last series on back-to-back this afternoon.
  • SteelEdgeSteelEdge Posts: 6,903
    Forum Member
    googleking wrote: »
    shame C4 didn't put the last series on back-to-back this afternoon.

This afternoon?! Not really suitable for the afternoon schedules is it? :eek:
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it should of ended years a go its becoming like last of the summer wine unfunny and repetitive
  • jimbo1962jimbo1962 Posts: 2,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    that should read " should have ended." nuff said.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SteelEdge wrote: »
    This afternoon?! Not really suitable for the afternoon schedules is it? :eek:

good point I suppose. I didn't think of the kiddywinks :D
    it should of ended years a go its becoming like last of the summer wine unfunny and repetitive

nonsense!!!

You can't have too much Superhans or Johnson.
  • Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    Really can't wait for this! The last series was slightlt disappointing, I didn't really 'get' Zahra, so hopefully S8 will be a return to form.
  • Funk YouFunk You Posts: 6,864
    Forum Member
    Cannot wait at all!!! 40 mins.

I love Peep Show with a passion. I hope series 8 will be even better than series 7
  • cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have never watched it...would I miss out on a lot if I've not seen it before and started with the new series?
  • BunnyfooBunnyfoo Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ahhh I want it to start now! Its been too long :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 160
    Forum Member
    IMO last two seasons (specially the last one) was a bit touch-and-go, hope they go back to the way they were in the first seasons.