LG surround sound

Hello

Basically i want to buy an LG 42LM620T. i have also been looking to get a surround sound for it (looking at the LG BH7420P) and i have had a total mind blank

it might sound silly but basically i want to know does the surround sound plug into the tv or does it run off the 3d player it comes with? i was hoping to plug it straight into the tv so that i could play my ps3/xbox, watch sky etc with the surround sound not just the blu ray player

Comments

• chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you don't plug it into the telly it will make a lot of noise from any disk you play on it but you won't see anything :)

So yes it does have to plug into the TV via HDMI. As for connecting it up. You can use the HDMI inputs on the surround system for the Sky box and the PS3 if you want. Alternatively the TV and surround system support ARC which means the TV sends audio back down the HDMI link to the surround system. Which should mean you can plug the Sky box and PS3 into the TV and still get audio from them on the surround system. And of course it also means that when watching a TV programme you get sound through the surround system as well.

One potential fly in the proverbial is that Sky boxes only output true surround sound from the digital audio output on the back of the box not the HDMI output. So if you want proper surround sound from Sky you have to connect the digital out of the Sky box to the digital in of the surround system (just as well it has one!)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Thats good! so i could plug it into the tv which is connected to my games consoles and plug it into sky as well.

sorry got another question, with the TV its wifi ready but you need a dongle whereas the surround sound has it already built in so does that mean i wouldnt need a dongle?
  • chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You won't need a dongle for the surround system.

Mind you whether the services it offers are any use is another matter. :) Some of them can be pretty poor, for example only BBC iPlayer but non of the other channels catch-up services. You might also get Netflix or LoveFilm if you are lucky as well.