samsung galaxy S3 phone battery problem

TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
Forum Member
there is something seriously erong with my , will not charge 100%, leaving chargeing for half a day barely charged at all, it is driving me nuts, slso the battery seems to be draining quickly, too quickly

Comments

• whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is the phone in warranty still? It seems your keyboard is knackered too.
  • TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member
    Is the phone in warranty still? It seems your keyboard is knackered too.

There no no need to be sarcastic, I made a few spelling errors, not a big deal :rolleyes:
  • JFCJFC Posts: 569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi Tardis Steve,

Have you changed you usb charging cable at all recently? Some of the cheaper ones are utterly cr*p and do not deliver the necessary ampage to charge the phone efficiently
  • Mark in EssexMark in Essex Posts: 3,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JFC wrote: »
    Hi Tardis Steve,

Have you changed you usb charging cable at all recently? Some of the cheaper ones are utterly cr*p and do not deliver the necessary ampage to charge the phone efficiently

I've had a problem with a USB cable I bought but it may be down to the length as it's a 2m one.

I know lower voltages cannot travel along wires so well.

Also I've upgraded my mains charger from the 1 amp one to a 2 amp one (in car and mains) and it charges a lot quicker.
  • JFCJFC Posts: 569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've had a problem with a USB cable I bought but it may be down to the length as it's a 2m one.

I know lower voltages cannot travel along wires so well.

Also I've upgraded my mains charger from the 1 amp one to a 2 amp one (in car and mains) and it charges a lot quicker.

I have bought a number of cheap ones. They are OK for transferring data but charging has been a no go with all of them.

I bought a decent quality one from Maplin electronics (1.5 mtr I think) for about ten pounds and their leads work fine.
  • alan1302alan1302 Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member
    There no no need to be sarcastic, I made a few spelling errors, not a big deal :rolleyes:

It is a big deal if you want someone to read what you wrote! LOL :D

You still didn't mention if your phone is still in warranty.
  • TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member
    it is sorted, i used my girlfriends charger (an official one) and it is now charging fine, turns out the one i was using was a cheep one that my girlfriend had bought
  • Mark in EssexMark in Essex Posts: 3,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it is sorted, i used my girlfriends charger (an official one) and it is now charging fine, turns out the one i was using was a cheep one that my girlfriend had bought

Glad it's all ok now.

Mark.