Last Movie You Watched? (Part 5)

SupportSupport Posts: 70,496
Administrator
Aurora04 wrote: »
Troll Hunter.

A far fetched plot but entertaining.
    Admin Notice: This thread is a continuation of: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1482632

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 583
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      The Muppets - 9/10. Just hugely entertaining. The most fun I've had watching a movie in ages.
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,821
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Drive - Unbelievably good, not what I expected at all, amazing soundtrack, brilliant plot.
    • thedarklordthedarklord Posts: 2,162
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Tron: Legacy

What I liked about the original Tron were the visuals. I always liked the design of the computer world. But beyond that there wasn't much else to the film. It's the same with Tron: Legacy. You're impressed with the visuals for about 45 minutes and then you begin to doze off because the story is so dull. Plus I couldn't take that CGI Jeff Bridges seriously.

5/10
    • dofferdoffer Posts: 2,746
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      The Racket (1951) (Robert Mitchum, Robert Ryan) 8/10
    • Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,913
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Night and the City. Only kept watching 'cos Robert De Niro was in it - 5.75/10
    • LMLM Posts: 63,327
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      The Ghost - Interesting film about a ghost writer for the memoirs of a prime minister. However it was the awful acting by every single actor in the film that turned me off. Pierce Brosnan truly can't act and Kim Catrell's british accent was a disgrace.
    • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,567
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      ...and Kim Catrell's british accent was a disgrace.

She was born here.

Renaissance - Black and White French animated SF flick with entrancing visuals, convoluted plot and a wonderful euro-pulp feel to the whole thing. Cheap as chips on DVD - Recommended. 9/10
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      I am aware of that Sherlock Holmes but she pretty much has an American accent. Especially if you compare it to Gillian Anderson's accent, another British born American raised actress.
    • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,567
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      I am aware of that Sherlock Holmes....

Not sure there’s a need for sarcasm.

Nothing wrong with her English accent IMO.
      Especially if you compare it to Gillian Anderson's accent, another British born American raised actress.

She was born in Chicago.....
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Battle: LA 7./10. I'd heard bad things about this but actually quite enjoyed it. Was a bit concerned at first as it started off a bit Cloverfield and Blair Witch with the jerky home video POV but it was ok in the end. Significantly more entertaining than Skyline.
    • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,476
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Watched 2012 on Blu Ray today was the 3rd time I have seen it.
      And enjoyed it better than when watching on Sky Movies as its just so much better HD.

I give 2012 a 7 out of 10
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 641
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      They Live - John Carpenter.

What a film, outdated, but hell, still stands on 2 legs today!!

9/10!
    • chrono88chrono88 Posts: 3,045
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Triangle 7/10. I thought I grabbed the idea behind the film but it seemed like there were so many parts unexplained. A weird film but it's worth a watch
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon - A really great film and i can understand why it's seen as a classic among Foreign films. Really really enjoyed it
    • dofferdoffer Posts: 2,746
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      It Happened One Night (1934) (Clark Gable, Claudette Colbert) - 8/10
    • Mark AMark A Posts: 7,687
      Forum Member
      Battle Los Angeles - 7/10 jolly Marines vs Aliens romp with a rather endearing love of cliches, raining them down thick and fast. It all kind of works with plenty of tense and exciting shootouts, with oddly the most severe shaky-cam reserved for the early non-action lull-before-the-storm stuff.

Regards

Mark
    • gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      last 3

Fighting - Channing Tatum. Poor

Chronicles of Riddick - Extended Edition on blu-ray - Awesome
      excellent commentary, interesting special features.

New In Town - I thought it was quite a bit better than the poor reviews. Lovely Norwegian-Minnesota accent is that for real? You don't get that accent from Garrison Keilor's Lake Wobegone tales.
    • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Jaws 4 the Revenge. I know, it's rubbish :D but every time a Jaws film is on I feel compelled to watch it (barring the 3D film, which I feel compelled not to watch :D)
    • filmfan7filmfan7 Posts: 3,429
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      DrSleep wrote: »
      They Live - John Carpenter.

What a film, outdated, but hell, still stands on 2 legs today!!

9/10!

Agree ! brilliant film ! it sort of mirrors the big brother political correctness of today !..and this was made over 25 years ago !..spooky ! the only critizism is the 2 guys fight scene goes on for far too ,long ..:eek:
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      muggins14 wrote: »
      Jaws 4 the Revenge. I know, it's rubbish :D but every time a Jaws film is on I feel compelled to watch it (barring the 3D film, which I feel compelled not to watch :D)

After the 2nd Jaws film ...the series loses its teeth ! :)
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      The Horror of Dracula 1958 the origional Chrissie Lee one and IMO one the best ! 9/10
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 641
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      filmfan7 wrote: »
      Agree ! brilliant film ! it sort of mirrors the big brother political correctness of today !..and this was made over 25 years ago !..spooky ! the only critizism is the 2 guys fight scene goes on for far too ,long ..:eek:

Agreed, they could have shaved a minute or so off. I still find the fight scene amusing though :)
      And so true! PC brigade and all >.<

lol.
    • gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      scofield wrote: »
      Drive - Unbelievably good, not what I expected at all, amazing soundtrack, brilliant plot.

is that the Mark Dacascos Drive?

(apparently not - there's another thread about a new film called Drive)
    • seelleeseellee Posts: 10,658
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      The Muppets 8/10. Lots of fun, takes the mick out of itself and the musical numbers were great. Very funny in places too.
    • RAZORBACKRAZORBACK Posts: 371
      Forum Member
      Over the last twenty one days:

127 Hours - 4/7 (Decent)

Open Range - 7/7 (Unmissable)

Pirates Of The Caribbean: On Stranger Tides - 3/7 (Decent Enough)

Drive - 6/7 (Superb)

The Talented Mr Ripley - 7/7 (Unmissable)

Husk - 4/7 (Decent)

The Ghost - 4/7 (Decent)

Priest - 3/7 (Decent Enough)

Barney's Version - 4/7 (Decent)

44 Inch Chest - 4/7 (Decent)

Up In The Air - 7/7 (Unmissable)
    This discussion has been closed.