Forum Member
    The two comedians that I don't find funny are

Jack Dee
    Lee Evans

They are so boring to watch
  • wordfromthewisewordfromthewise Posts: 2,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find Jimmy Carr very smug and annoying...........
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Russell Howard. Absolutely rubbish. Humour at its most basic form!
  • chimp123chimp123 Posts: 209
    Forum Member
    I agree with wordfromthewise about Jimmy Carr

I find Jimmy Carr very smug and annoying. I also hate his stupid laugh. I will not watch 8 out of 10 cats because of him and other people on it.

The comedian that I like watching is Peter Kay. He is so funny and brilliant the whole time
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    I don't understand Stewart Lee's humour. Perhaps it's too intellectual for me!

No, he's just not funny.
  • ChateauMarmontChateauMarmont Posts: 2,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't stand Andy Parsons - seems to just shout and isn't funny with anything he says

Also Rufus Hound. No idea how he's even considered a comedian.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 146
    Forum Member
    I saw Tesco's new advert for their mobile network the other day, featuring Gina Yashere maintaining her record of having never said anything funny on tv ever.

...and then, a day later, one who I don't think has been mentioned yet, Ed Byrne pipes up in...a Tesco mobile advert. Whilst not being funny at all.

I actually had half a mind at the time to start a thread similar to this after seeing both. Oh, and I'll vouch for Shappi Khorsandi. Without doubt, the most blindingly unfunny 'comedian' on the planet. But hey, she's female and Iranian, so ticks some pretty damn good PC boxes, there
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Russell Howard. Absolutely rubbish. Humour at its most basic form!

I find his face-pulling, silly voices and crudity very reminiscent of the simpler kind of teenager.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rob Brydon
    Lee Evans
  • FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    Any 'modern' comedian. Don't find any of them funny, none of these stand up comedians there are these days.

That's those I've actually seen something off. Most of the names mentioned on here I've never heard of and don't want to hear!

It's like someone said once about 'alternative comedy' stands for alternative TO comedy.
  • wolfticketwolfticket Posts: 913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SaturnV wrote: »
    Can we change the title of the thread?

I'd suggest 'List of all comedians who have ever lived'

:)
    For anyone who doesn't have time to read the backlog: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_comedians
    Forum Member
    Sorry I don't agree with bob up and down

Rob Brydon is funny you should watch him on would I lie to you on BBC One.

The comedians that I don't like are
    Lee Evans
    Jack Dee
    Jimmy Carr
    Frankie Boyle
  • candyfloss2000candyfloss2000 Posts: 1,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find his face-pulling, silly voices and crudity very reminiscent of the simpler kind of teenager.

Was going to say the same thing. I used to think he was ok. But he's actually just terrible. And now I realise I just used to tolerate him at best. On a one liner basis on mock the week he's ok, but give him his own show....and no, just no.
  • cyber_davcyber_dav Posts: 1,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find most comedians will at some time or another say something I find amusing, but Frankie Boyle hasn't, ever.
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,102
    Forum Member
    John Bishop, Kevin Bridges and Micky Flanagan
  • WmsheepWmsheep Posts: 388
    Forum Member
    Lee Noble.

Jimmy carr (well, sometimes)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 228
    Forum Member
    'The one comedian I do find very funny is Sean Lock – I’ve got a secret crush on him!'

Sean Lock - me too (our secret's out :D )

(sorry - I've lost the poster's name somehow)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tourista wrote: »
    Ricky Gervais

I don't see the supposed genius there either [although I admit I never tried to get him, and there's quite a few others from recent years that I'd add to the list of paint drying offenders
    French and Saunders, Alexei Sayle, Miranda[whoever].
    I was a big fan of Only Fools & Horses, but didn't really see David Jason as funny in any other of the shows he was in.
    Forum Member
    I thought David Jason was funny in Open All Hours
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    morcambe and wise,little and large,jimmy tarbuck,frank carson and please dont get me started on ken dodd!!!

I cited only modern and recent ones in the earlier post but from the sixties and seventies I wholeheartedly agree about the ones above. Cannon and Ball I'd cheerfully lump in there too.
  • thomscnthomscn Posts: 892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not sure if ive already put this here earlier Paddy McGuiness winds me up.

I was given a Paddy McGuiness live on tour DVD by my Sister one Christmas....I watched forty minutes of it and did what any normal person would do.....turned to drink and disowned my Sister
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flat Matt wrote: »
    I never found Tommy Cooper funny back in the day and I still don't find him funny now. The same can be said of Morecambe and Wise.

French and Saunders are another act that have never so much as brought a smile to my face.

Although I laughed at his fake magic mess ups, and then saw him on chat shows, I realised he couldn't conduct a n interview like other 'comedians on similar shows, so all you got was a repeat of the 'comedy' parts of his stage act, so There was nothing to 'get' about him behind all the magic faux pas bits.
  • Flat MattFlat Matt Posts: 7,023
    Forum Member
    thomscn wrote: »
    Not sure if ive already put this here earlier Paddy McGuiness winds me up.

I was given a Paddy McGuiness live on tour DVD by my Sister one Christmas....I watched forty minutes of it and did what any normal person would do.....turned to drink and disowned my Sister

I would never tire of punching that talentless, friends-in-high-places unfunny **** in the face!

I watched one of his live "comedy" DVDs and it was without doubt the worst I have ever seen by a considerable distance. He has absolutely no ability whatsoever.
  • petebluepeteblue Posts: 446
    Forum Member
    Miranda Hart. I can't stand her, she is just not funny. Her idea of getting a laugh is falling over.Pathetic .
    Forum Member
    The comedian that I do find funny is
    Michael Mcintyre