✭✭
    Yup. Can't fault mine.

Thank You both.
  • ftsemonksftsemonks Posts: 554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ftsemonks wrote: »
    Any good?

Just another question, Can you play, BBC Iplayer, ITV Iplayer, 40D and 5 on demand?
  • TheCableGuyTheCableGuy Posts: 5,602
    Forum Member
    Yes through a mixture of Android apps and sideloading Flash.
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    8gb goes nowhere these days.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 80
    Forum Member
    But has a Micro SD card slot so mine is 40 gig and at a bargain price of £119 after cash back, plus £13.99 for the memory card. A very capable tablet due soon for update to Jelly Bean
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    captain wrote: »
    But has a Micro SD card slot so mine is 40 gig and at a bargain price of £119 after cash back, plus £13.99 for the memory card. A very capable tablet due soon for update to Jelly Bean

But can you put apps onto the Micro SD Card? I was told you could not
    Great to know the Tablet will have an update to Jelly Bean.
  • simonk243simonk243 Posts: 3,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just another question, Can you play, BBC Iplayer, ITV Iplayer, 40D and 5 on demand?

BBC iPlayer and 4od I have got working but itv and five no. Have you got them working and how ,:
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    simonk243 wrote: »
    BBC iPlayer and 4od I have got working but itv and five no. Have you got them working and how ,:

I have ITV player working by side loading the app. five on demand doesn't work though. I also have catchup TV.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But can you put apps onto the Micro SD Card? I was told you could not
    Great to know the Tablet will have an update to Jelly Bean.

I can't put any apps on my SD card, however I have the 16 gb version so not too much of a problem.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have ITV player working by side loading the app. five on demand doesn't work though. I also have catchup TV.

What is side loading and how do I do it ? Thanks
  • boyzieboyzie Posts: 3,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What is side loading and how do I do it ? Thanks

It just means installing it from somewhere other than the Google Play store.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gormond wrote: »
    It just means installing it from somewhere other than the Google Play store.

Oh ok. I downloaded it from the flashplayer site archive version 11.1 I think it was but it doesn't work with itv player as when you go to play store it says your device is not compatible ?
  • GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh ok. I downloaded it from the flashplayer site archive version 11.1 I think it was but it doesn't work with itv player as when you go to play store it says your device is not compatible ?

You will have to download itv player from somewhere other than the play store.
  • SkipTracerSkipTracer Posts: 2,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Follow the same path again as you did for flash but first do a Google search “apk for ITV Player”, when you find a download, download it and install.

That should be it.BTW this is what is known as sideways loading.:)

Try...

filecrop.com

I won’t do the full address as I am not sure if DS will approve.:eek:

Second file in the list titled ITV Player 1.0.0.apk
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SkipTracer wrote: »
    Follow the same path again as you did for flash but first do a Google search “apk for ITV Player”, when you find a download, download it and install.

Try...

filecrop.com

Ok thanks will give it a go
  • copthis1copthis1 Posts: 910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was looking at the 10.1 for £188 for my daughter.... best tablet for the price?
  • OrbitalzoneOrbitalzone Posts: 12,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well most people say go for the Google Nexus 7 or 10 but as they're likely to get the best support as Google directly release the updates.

However I've got a Tab2 10.1" and am please with it, it works quite well, feels reasonably well made and so far no grumbles.

For my own experience the only issue is that I use it to replace a netbook - the 10" screen is getting close to laptop size and for typing and real work you need a mouse and a keyboard I believe.... it just depends what you're going to use it for..... for surfing, email, music, youtube, maps, then it's superb.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I'm torn between the Nexus 7 and the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 and whilst there is a difference in screen size the ability to use BBC i Player is very important to me as I like to use the 'listen again' facility for radio programmes. I understand that this is not a problem with the Tab but cannot be done easily on the Nexus and it is up to the BBC to update their software at some stage in the future.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SkipTracer wrote: »

Try...

filecrop.com

I have just got the tab 2, BBC Iplayer playing great but could you or anyone give me a link to download flash for 40d?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have just got the tab 2, BBC Iplayer playing great but could you or anyone give me a link to download flash for 40d?

Just go through the website and you can use 4od. That's what I do on my galaxy tab 2 10.1.
  • paulj48paulj48 Posts: 1,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Here you go

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1774336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    paulj48 wrote: »

That's too hard for me:mad: I am not very good at doing that stuff:D