I was at the recording of You're Fired yesterday....

linfranlinfran Posts: 5,607
Forum Member
But my lips are sealed! ;)

It was the firing following on from the second episode, the first having been recorded on Saturday. Considering it was a very warm and sunny Bank Holiday, the studio was full, some latecomers being turned away. It was odd to watch the second episode without having seen the first.

I guess no more than 40 minutes was filmed for a 30 minute episode so not one of those that goes on and on. Lively panel: Ed Byrne, Sara Cox and a brewery guy, James and of course Dara is great value anyway.

It was fun holding up the You're Fired/Hired card at the end.

Comments

• big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    how fa ahead is this series made?
  • Gwaed WaedlydGwaed Waedlyd Posts: 5,401
    Forum Member
    Hope you had a nice time!

Why dont you post in the spoiler thread and give some ideas who to watch out for!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    no dont post the spoiler i will be tempted to look
  • linfranlinfran Posts: 5,607
    Forum Member
    how fa ahead is this series made?

Well the one we were at yesterday will be shown tomorrow, Wednesday. The one that was recorded on Saturday will follow on from tonight's Apprentice. This week the BBC is showing 2 episodes of The Apprentice and You're Fired but from next week it will be back to the usual once weekly slot.

I don't know who far ahead it's recorded. From what I can see, not far.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    is the your fired filmed after the series has ended
  • TXF0429TXF0429 Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    is the your fired filmed after the series has ended

The series was filmed in Autumn 2012...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Please post in the spoiler thread! I love to know the spoilers and people don't have to look if they dont want to!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can you tell me who wins the series?
  • boab34boab34 Posts: 1,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what's the point of telling us that you were at the filming when you're not giving any spoilers?
    we already knew from the spoiler thread that You're Fired was filmed on Sat and Mon :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TXF0429 wrote: »
    The series was filmed in Autumn 2012...

cheers
  • annie24601annie24601 Posts: 3,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi I was at the same filming.

I thought that the episode was hilarious, I was practically crying with laughter at one point :D There were some very entertaining characters, I reckon 1 guy in particular might become an apprentice legend :)

I reckon this might turn out to be one of the best series if episode 2 is anything to go by. Dara seemed to really be bigging up episode 3 as well.

We were told not to spoil who gets fired when we were at the filming, and it was mentioned on our tickets as well.
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just one question, was the episode entertaining? I have high hopes for this series! :)
  • linfranlinfran Posts: 5,607
    Forum Member
    Just one question, was the episode entertaining? I have high hopes for this series! :)

Yes, I don't think you'll be disappointed.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ep2 is meant to be the highlight out of the whole series! Everything turns to shit! It's a disaster but makes for amazing tv!

Karen Brady said Ep2 was the one to watch out for.
  • slouchingthatchslouchingthatch Posts: 2,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent. Look forward to it. I'm going to the recording of You're Fired next Monday, so should be fun to see it being filmed, as well as getting an advance viewing of the third episode.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 57
    Forum Member
    Do you have a link to the site to apply for tickets?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    http://www.lostintv.com

Recommend you getting there early if you do manage to get any. I went to yesterday's recording and was there an hour before. Already there were over 100 people in front of me.

Good fun to watch and was surprised how good Dara was. He only fluffed his lines once which after watching other shows being filmed seems to be incredibly rare.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MissCars wrote: »
    http://www.lostintv.com

Recommend you getting there early if you do manage to get any. I went to yesterday's recording and was there an hour before. Already there were over 100 people in front of me.

Good fun to watch and was surprised how good Dara was. He only fluffed his lines once which after watching other shows being filmed seems to be incredibly rare.

Ha! You must have been close to me in the line - I got there at about 5:15.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    Did you enjoy it? (The show, not queueing near me)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MissCars wrote: »
    Did you enjoy it? (The show, not queueing near me)
    Yeah, I did. When you watch as part of a large studio audience, it just feels that much funnier. Thought this episode had more than its usual share of one-liners too. You?