New a touch of frost filming in my home town

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,726
Forum Member
on monday and tuesday this week they were filming new a touch of frost so looks like its set to return.

just thought id let you all know!

A

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where is your home town? Down south somewhere I bet.

It's always annoyed me that this program is supposed to be set in a fictional small town in Yorkshire but almost everyone speaks in a cockney accent, including Frost himself and most of the other coppers.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,440
    Forum Member
    They've always done it in the Wakefield district...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 129
    Forum Member
    I live in Wakefield and everytime i watch it i find my self looking at the locations rather than the plot.

I'm sat there thinking. That's up't near t'market in't it.
    Or that's Kirkgate near to the old cinema.I remember when an episode featured a body being found in an alley.
    In reality that's an alley between "The Fleece Pub" and Brook Street in Wakefield. Everytime i walk down there i think of that Dead body!
    Another episode featured a bank robbery at "Denton Bank" Which is the Co -Op Bank in Wakefield,
    Finally another one when a body was pulled from "Denton Canal". That Canal being the River Calder!
    There are many more i can think including a woman commiting suicide by throwing herself off a multistory car park also in Wakefield!

It makes sense to film it in the Wakefield District as it's Produced By Yorkshire Television (Leeds) so not far to travel!

Also the recent one off Drama Diamond Geezer starring David Jason had parts filmed in Wakefield.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well Im_Here resides in the home of Haribo UK which is in Pontefract (which is near Wakefield and so has a WF postcode)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,726
    Forum Member
    yep, im from pontefract, they were filming in the butter cross in the main part of town for anyone who knows the butter cross! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I Thought A Touch of Frost had finished?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,726
    Forum Member
    so did everyone i think, thats why i thought id post this to let everyone know. :)
  • poggspoggs Posts: 474
    Forum Member
    Frost must be about 94 by now. Undoubtably the oldest cop in britain!

strange seeing that the maximum age for a cop is 55....
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    poggs wrote:
    Frost must be about 94 by now. Undoubtably the oldest cop in britain!

strange seeing that the maximum age for a cop is 55....

I think on TV they use there dramatic license on ages. But in the Metropolitan Police the compulsory age for retirement for constable and sergeant rank is 55 with upper ranks being 60 I believe, and outside the Met , the age is 60 for all ranks below ACC.

With regard to the area Frost quite a few people have said that is meant to be set somewhere in Oxfordshire , it also says this on Wikipedia and the Dictionary of Television. But the show is filmed up in Yorkshire.

http://216.109.124.98/search/cache?p=fictional+town+of+denton&ei=UTF-8&fl=0&meta=vc%3D&pstart=1&b=11&u=www.explore-television.com/television/A/A_Touch_of_Frost.html&w=fictional+town+denton&d=B03D617A55&icp=1&.intl=uk
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    David Jason is in his 60's. The series can be good or really bad. I've got them on DVD and it can't decide what kind of a police show it wants to be. Sometimes its gritty and sometimes its more like Midsomer Murders a bit silly and pathetic. Thanks for letting me know there's a new one on the way. I wonder if that's because of ITV's 50th
  • GarethHarrisonGarethHarrison Posts: 2,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The show is set in a place called Denton - there's a small town called Denton on Tameside, just on the outskirts of Manchester and I've always wondered if it's supposed to be based on there!
  • katiekatie Posts: 1,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always thought Denton was supposed to be in the Home Counties somewhere. Can't remember any specific being mentioned in the books which I read a long time ago.

Katie.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They've filmed quite a lot in Leeds, and Castleford and the surrounding areas too. One of the reasons I enjoy watching it; reminds me of home :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 444
    Forum Member
    I live in Leeds and recognise a lot of the locations. A few years ago they were filming it at Elland Road because all the vans and stuff were parked in the car park, but I cant remember an episode with a football ground in it though.

In the very first episode a part was filimed outside the Eerie pub in Holt Park then another shot at St Pauls Church a bit further down the road.

I suppose they use locations all around west yorkshire.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 478
    Forum Member
    Did they not kill Frost off a few years back ?, For some reason I recall reading the character dying ? or am I thinking of something else
    Forum Member
    Are you thinking of Inspector Morse?
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it is supposed to be set in the south but is filmed in Yorkshire. I don't think the producers would be that inept with regards to the accents. Isn't it similar to the Warren Clarke detective series, isn't that set in Yorkshire but filmed in the Midlands?
  • JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    Morse was killed off a few years ago. Apparently this is 1 of the last frosts getting made (retiring from this role at least) although it's been said many times before.
  • raymartin01raymartin01 Posts: 1,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Touch of Frost books are set in the fictional town of Denton which is in the Thames Valley, nothing to do with Denton in Manchester.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did they not kill Frost off a few years back ?, For some reason I recall reading the character dying ? or am I thinking of something else

Some Sunday rag (I think it was the News of the World) ran a full page story about how Frost was going to be killed off a couple of years ago in the Christmas special. They reported he would be hit by a train. The episode did involve trains and an investigation near railway lines, but Frost wasn't killed off.
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Personally I hope they don't kill him off. Even if they don't want to make a complete series they could leave it open to make the odd special here and there.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    I live in Leeds and recognise a lot of the locations. A few years ago they were filming it at Elland Road because all the vans and stuff were parked in the car park, but I cant remember an episode with a football ground in it though.

In the very first episode a part was filimed outside the Eerie pub in Holt Park then another shot at St Pauls Church a bit further down the road.

I suppose they use locations all around west yorkshire.
    The football club Episode is:- " Dead Male One" It's the 10th Episode which is 1995 3rd Series....Mark
    Forum Member
    The football club Episode is:- " Dead Male One" It's the 10th Episode which is 1995 3rd Series....Mark

Ah thank you! Maybe that is one I had missed then, I shall look out for one, cheers. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 198
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't like to live in Denton. It sounds as dangerous as being one of Angela Landsbury's friends...
  • FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    Staris wrote:
    I Thought A Touch of Frost had finished?

David Jason said last year he wasn't going to make any more despite how popular it is, but earlier this year he said he was making another one because it WAS still so popular and the script was so good.