Frank Skinner hosts new Room 101

Comments

• MallidayMalliday Posts: 3,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JeffG1 wrote: »
    Well, I have to admit to never having seen her on TV before...

Count yourself lucky then. ;)
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    When I saw people posting about Mel G I thought they meant Scary Spice :o
  • Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, I have to admit to never having seen her on TV before...

Have you not seen "The Great British Bake Off" ?
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cilla spouted made up nonsense especially when she was talking about technology
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The extra ten minutes that were included in the 'extra storage' edition was even worse for Cilla talking crap. Probably why that was the section that got cut from the main show. Still, Mel's vending machine rant was good.
    Forum Member
    Just remembered about the clips they used to describe Hyper Foreignism. It was from a show called Simply Italian.

The host was Welsh Italian so will have had some infulence as to why she pronounces the words the way she does. What irked me and some others was the inconcistency.

As they pointed out when the listed off all the words and then said they were disappointed with her pronunciation of bolognaise as they were expecting more :p

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1705664&highlight=simply+italian
  • LowriLowri Posts: 3,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cilla really was embarrassing! I like Hugh and Mel so it was a shame that they weren't at their best. The first episode where I haven't really had an opinion on which ones should go in.
  • JeffG1JeffG1 Posts: 15,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have you not seen "The Great British Bake Off" ?
    Well, I don't know about you, but I'm not into baking.

I'll cook my dinner, and I do watch Masterchef the Professionals, but that's about the extent of my cookery programme watching.
  • Ed SizzersEd Sizzers Posts: 2,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't watch it this week. Not with Whitehall. I can just about tolerate crappy comedians on panel shows and stuff... But Room 101 is like that 100 Most Annoying People countdown. There's something especially annoying about people who are genuinely irritating having the front to say who or what irritates them.
  • TiwttmosTiwttmos Posts: 2,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jack Whitehall making a fool of Susan Boyle again. Getting tiresome now:sleep:
  • BluejuBlueju Posts: 773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ed Sizzers wrote: »
    Can't watch it this week. Not with Whitehall. I can just about tolerate crappy comedians on panel shows and stuff... But Room 101 is like that 100 Most Annoying People countdown. There's something especially annoying about people who are genuinely irritating having the front to say who or what irritates them.

I should have known better but I watched it. Couldnt agree with you more. Whitehall's capacity to irritate knows no bounds and, having swerved most shows hes in of late, he was a pain in this too. Seems to have had the same effect on Frank Skinner though who didnt seem that impressed with him.
  • The NetThe Net Posts: 5,484
    Forum Member
    Blueju wrote: »
    I should have known better but I watched it. Couldnt agree with you more. Whitehall's capacity to irritate knows no bounds and, having swerved most shows hes in of late, he was a pain in this too. Seems to have had the same effect on Frank Skinner though who didnt seem that impressed with him.

No he wasn't was he. It's a prime example of how classy Frank Skinner is as a comedian, compared to unfunny Whitehall.

It was a good show though. The seagull bit made me laugh out loud.
  • JeffG1JeffG1 Posts: 15,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What's wrong with Jack Whitehall? Is this inverted class snobbery rearing its head?
  • stu0rtstu0rt Posts: 946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This thread has taught me never to watch/avoid a programme based on the opinions expressed on here! I saw this episode on iplayer and experienced none of the hatred you folk seem to have for those featured. I didn't see any animosity between Skinner and Whitehall. It was a pleasant little show (although I'll concede it was foolish of Whitehall to smother himself in cosmetics).
  • IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's wrong with Jack Whitehall? Is this inverted class snobbery rearing its head?

Or it could just be that some people don't find him funny, regardless of his background?

I'm not his biggest fan by any means but he didn't irritate me on Room 101. I thought it was a decent episode in general.
  • Hugh LetdownHugh Letdown Posts: 536
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't much like Whitehall myself. But the truth is he distinctly had Skinner laughing quite hard at least a couple of times.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anther entertaining 40 minutes. Well done Frank
    Forum Member
    I thought it was the best overall line up of the series so far. I think Greg Davies has been the best guest but Whitehall and Anderson were good.

Certainly didn't see any real animosity. Perhaps some comedic ribbing.
  • IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sneezing and middle lanes. A right thrill ride tonight's episode is...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was really looking forward to Jo Brand on this tonight but it was a really flat show :confused:

I suppose i will always long for the old one-to-one format
  • LowriLowri Posts: 3,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought that was better than some of the previous ones. As much as I love Ben it was a bit odd that he won them all, shoelaces was ridiculous, it's only because he can't do them (which I find hard to believe). He was spot on with homeopathy though.
  • Tangledweb7Tangledweb7 Posts: 3,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm totally with Ben Miller on the pedestrian thing I'm a fast walker and hate when people suddenly stop or block the street in little groups Spanish students spring to mind.:mad:
  • FlannoFlanno Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm totally with Ben Miller on the pedestrian thing I'm a fast walker and hate when people suddenly stop or block the street in little groups Spanish students spring to mind.:mad:

I know what you mean about these groups of Spanish students as I find them quite annoying too. :mad:

I dread every summer when they appear in packs anywhere...not only they tend to block any path you walk on, they talk rather loudly enough for a deaf person to hear them yakking across the road. :eek: Also they doesn't seem to know what the word 'queue' means when it comes to using bus stops/shops/rail stations...ARRGH!!
  • Tangledweb7Tangledweb7 Posts: 3,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flanno wrote: »
    I know what you mean about these groups of Spanish students as I find them quite annoying too. :mad:

I dread every summer when they appear in packs anywhere...not only they tend to block any path you walk on, they talk rather loudly enough for a deaf person to hear them yakking across the road. :eek: Also they doesn't seem to know what the word 'queue' means when it comes to using bus stops/shops/rail stations...ARRGH!!

I would like it if they were put in quarantine at the airport they could do all the tourist type shopping they want and learn a bit of English while they are there, never venturing out of the airport to annoy ordinary people who just want to get on in there normal way without the annoyance of Spanish students.;)
  • broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jo brand made a fool of herself tonight. Her men are crap schtick is so tired.

She is just overexposed and tired. Time for a long rest jo.