Bt vision major update

Comments

• tompaynetompayne Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    I have seen a message on the EPG for CBBC tomorrow morning 0300-0305. It reads as follows:

3.00am Please watch your recordings
    You'll soon be moving to the new look BT Vision, with great new features. Dont forget that your recordings will be lost during the update, so you'll need to watch them all beforehand. We'll give you regular reminders on exactly when we'll make the

And there it ends.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 27
    Forum Member
    tompayne wrote: »
    I have seen a message on the EPG for CBBC tomorrow morning 0300-0305. It reads as follows:

3.00am Please watch your recordings
    You'll soon be moving to the new look BT Vision, with great new features. Dont forget that your recordings will be lost during the update, so you'll need to watch them all beforehand. We'll give you regular reminders on exactly when we'll make the

And there it ends.

Good Spot.I put a recording schedule for the program just to see what it is.i suspect BT will make the box automatically record this in the future like they do with viewing card activation program.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    I suppose they can set up an automatic recording as the recording schedule is kept on their servers. Have they ever done such a thing in the past?

Richard
    Forum Member
    I have just discovered the question and answer page for the new look service:

http://btsupport.custhelp.com/app/answers/list/c/5700

The second question caught my eye: I have a silver box,can I still get the service?

Apparently those of us with silver boxes won't get it until they change our boxes as they won't update the silver ones.

Bad news - I guess that means we will have to wait for a long time!

Richard

The changes page now has more (including this q&a):

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/displayTopic.do?topicId=33789&s_cid=con_FURL_vision_changes
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Oh dear,

"We’re moving all our customers over to the new-look service from the end of this year, but we’ll contact you about a month before."

is this 2011 or 2012?

"With the new-look BT Vision service, HD programmes and movies must fully download to your BT Vision+ box before you can watch them. Typically, for customers with an average line speed of 2Mb this would take about three hours. We’re working on improving this. It won't be long before you can start watching an HD title while it’s still downloading."

"Does the new-look BT Vision service include Dolby 5.1 sound?

No, but we’ll be adding this very soon. Watch this space!"

"Why does my programme guide only go up to seven days?

Like most TV services, your electronic programme guide only lets you see what's on Freeview up to seven days in advance. If you find a series you want to watch, you can record every episode. Just press the R button on your remote control and follow the on-screen instructions"

This is a backward step, not an improvement!
    Forum Member
    stewM wrote: »
    Oh dear,

"We’re moving all our customers over to the new-look service from the end of this year, but we’ll contact you about a month before."

is this 2011 or 2012?

"With the new-look BT Vision service, HD programmes and movies must fully download to your BT Vision+ box before you can watch them. Typically, for customers with an average line speed of 2Mb this would take about three hours. We’re working on improving this. It won't be long before you can start watching an HD title while it’s still downloading."

"Does the new-look BT Vision service include Dolby 5.1 sound?

No, but we’ll be adding this very soon. Watch this space!"

"Why does my programme guide only go up to seven days?

Like most TV services, your electronic programme guide only lets you see what's on Freeview up to seven days in advance. If you find a series you want to watch, you can record every episode. Just press the R button on your remote control and follow the on-screen instructions"

This is a backward step, not an improvement!

AGREED! :mad:
    Forum Member
    My vision box has just done an update - I was worried that this was going to be the big one and BT had not bothered sending me any notification.
    After the reboot all that seems to have changed is the vision logo and the shade of blue for the menu screens; all my recordings are still in place.
    I take it this isnt the big update and so my first question is what's with this one?
    Forum Member
    I heard about a small update to change the menus as some people were having trouble with the colours.

Not seen it here yet.

Richard
  • tompaynetompayne Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    I had an update last week, it added several of the on demand channels to EPG in the 900s. Basically just shortcuts to their respective 'on demand: tv' menu's
    Forum Member
    There have been some minor updates recently. One to change to the triagular BT Vision logo and a change to some screen colours.

The major platform change - depending when the support article was written, could happen anytime now or anytime next year, who knows?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 343
    Forum Member
    DoomKmPa wrote: »
    My vision box has just done an update - I was worried that this was going to be the big one and BT had not bothered sending me any notification.
    After the reboot all that seems to have changed is the vision logo and the shade of blue for the menu screens; all my recordings are still in place.
    I take it this isnt the big update and so my first question is what's with this one?
    This updated corrected some issues that some people were having in recording sometimes. The other thing that it did was change the logo and some of the colours as well. It also introduced a couple of minor format errors as well. I think that this will be the last update before they change to the new front and back-end systems.

Infinidim :cool:
    Forum Member
    Yes, the video doesn't work here either. :cry:

Richard
    Forum Member
    The video title is : pre_migration_promo.swf
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BT announce major update, followed by alot of tumbleweed
    Forum Member
    Forum Member
    Thanks samiul765, nice finds.

Is it me, or is anyone getting bored with waiting for information to come out of BT?

To say they are a communications company,..........
    Forum Member
    Thanks samiul765, nice finds.

Is it me, or is anyone getting bored with waiting for information to come out of BT?

To say they are a communications company,..........

Becoming very bored
    Forum Member
    samiul765 wrote: »
    Becoming very bored

Not just me then..!!!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 303
    Forum Member
    Not just me then..!!!!!

No, me too...I've had enough of the secret squirrel club
  • Crease2000Crease2000 Posts: 535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm getting switched over tonight, apparently? This is a bit scary.
    Forum Member
    Crease2000 wrote: »
    I'm getting switched over tonight, apparently? This is a bit scary.

So you had the notice a month ago?

Keep us informed how it goes.
  • Crease2000Crease2000 Posts: 535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't get a notice a month ago. I turned my tv on and there was a message that said 'Major Service Update'. Unfortunately that's all it said, just that subject line and no message included at all?

Sorry, I must've misunderstood because nothing seems to have happened and it all the looks the same to me this morning. My recordings are all still there, so nothing has happened. lol :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 56
    Forum Member
    barnpiece wrote: »
    I have just discovered the question and answer page for the new look service:

http://btsupport.custhelp.com/app/answers/list/c/5700

The second question caught my eye: I have a silver box,can I still get the service?

Apparently those of us with silver boxes won't get it until they change our boxes as they won't update the silver ones.

Bad news - I guess that means we will have to wait for a long time!

Richard

The changes page now has more (including this q&a):

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/displayTopic.do?topicId=33789&s_cid=con_FURL_vision_changes

That's not what it says. It says :

"Everyone with BT Vision will get the new service eventually, but the silver BT Vision+ box won't receive the update yet."

This infers silver boxes will be updated eventually