Hit series poised to kill off star

dee123dee123 Posts: 46,195
Forum Member
From TVLine:

Check it: A prospective new TV pilot just landed a big-time actor as it's star, but the up-and-coming producer/writer behind the future series can't pitch it to a single network. Heck, he can't even discuss it with anyone - and that's because there's a spoiler bomb embedded within the top-secret project. You see, the headliner in question is currently staring on a popular hour-long drama series. And if word were to get out that he has committed himself to a new full-time gig, it could potentially ruin a major upcoming twist: his onscreen death.

So the scribe has graciously agreed to keep his script - and his stealth casting coup - under wraps until the morning after the character meets his end. On the bright side, i hear he won't have to keep his trap shut for much longer.

http://tvline.com/2013/10/17/blind-item-ausiello-series-kill-off-star

I like the guesses of Patrick Dempsey, Chris Noth and Damian Lewis. I feel it's between those 3.

Comments

• SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ian Somerhalder, Damien Lewis or Walton Goggins are my guesses.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Patrick Dempsey would be my guess, considering how long he's been on Greys. He'd most likely be up for a new challenge.
  • daisiesfandaisiesfan Posts: 2,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe Daryl or Rick from TWD.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    It says big time actor. Are Damien Lewis and Andrew Lincoln really big time actors?
  • Joel's dadJoel's dad Posts: 4,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It says big time actor. Are Damien Lewis and Andrew Lincoln really big time actors?

I would say so, ish.:p
  • LMLM Posts: 63,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Damien Lewis very much is. In the last year, he has won an emmy and a golden globe and is in demand for a lot of projects.
  • dizziedizzie Posts: 4,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Patrick Dempsey would be my guess, considering how long he's been on Greys. He'd most likely be up for a new challenge.
    Oh god, please no more actors killed off on Grey's. It's almost becoming the default way for people to leave that show! Sandra Oh is leaving for sure this season, so I'm not sure they'd risk the loss of another one of their biggest names in the same season.

Damien Lewis is a high probability. They apparently nearly killed off his character in both of the past seasons of Homeland. I wouldn't be surprised if they've found a way to carry the show now without Brody. The first episodes were without him entirely, so it's not a complete disaster without him (just not quite as good, IMO).

TWD is a show that basically carries an inherent risk of death for basically any of their cast! So Andrew Lincoln is also a possibility, but I just see his character as staying on the show - he's still pivotal to a lot of what's going on in the show, even though he's technically not the 'leader' any more.

So for me, I'm betting Damien's found a new show - I loved him in 'Life', so am interested to see what he can do next. Of course, a pilot that's not even been pitched to a network isn't a sure thing, even with a big name attached. So, whoever's leaving their big show is taking a risk. I think it's someone who's character was always a goner this season, that says Brody to me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suppose Lewis could be the one. It would make sense actually because he'd effectively be getting out of Homeland while still on top.

It also means that if Brody does die, i'll likely have it spoilered as I haven't started watching Season 3 yet !
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 449
    Forum Member
    Didn't Gansa say that every episode could be Brody's last before Season 3 started?
    It would seem a little odd for the producer to reveal potential spoilers and ruin the 3rd season. Not that, that is difficult because it has been horrendous so far. Obviously, it is pretty clear that Brody's days are numbered now but I cannot see him dying until the end of this season at the earliest and the article seems to suggest we won't have long to wait.
  • dizziedizzie Posts: 4,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't Gansa say that every episode could be Brody's last before Season 3 started?
    It would seem a little odd for the producer to reveal potential spoilers and ruin the 3rd season. Not that, that is difficult because it has been horrendous so far. Obviously, it is pretty clear that Brody's days are numbered now but I cannot see him dying until the end of this season at the earliest and the article seems to suggest we won't have long to wait.
    Homeland is only a 12 episode season show. They film on a slightly different schedule to the network shows that have 22/23 episodes, and film July-April. Homeland starts season filming in around May, and finishes no later than December. So, sure, Brody's death may not happen until towards the end of the season we're watching, but Damien (if he's leaving) may well complete his filming much earlier than that. Plenty of time to fit in filming for pilot season - if this show (whatever it is, and whoever is in it) gets picked up during pilot season, full series filming won't start until summer 2014 anyway.
  • Fried KickinFried Kickin Posts: 60,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    daisiesfan wrote: »
    Maybe Daryl or Rick from TWD.
    Shane shoulda killed Rick in season 1 :p
  • Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Walking Dead cannot kill of another main character. The show is already losing its spark as it is and thats from removing nearly all the original cast.

Knowing the show its probably Game of Thrones!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,441
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Damien Lewis is a good guess. I think they (the writers) originally intended to kill him off at the end of season 1 but were persuaded not to. I'm not sure what else there is to do with Brody's character really apart from have him on the run so I think killing him off would be a good idea. It would be a good way to reboot the show.

Would they really kill of Rick from TWD? It's almost a completely new cast already and in my opinion it's not as good any more. And is he considered a big-time actor?

I don't watch Greys but Patrick Dempsey does seem likely. He's been there such a long time.

Chris Noth. I don't know. I sort of feel like TGW wouldn't want to go the route of killing off characters. But I don't know. Chris Noth is often absent for periods of time when he is doing other things so maybe he's just decided he doesn't want to come back any more? Maybe "big"-time is a clue as they could have said A list (I'm reading too much into it I know)

It'll probably end up being someone from a show I don't watch, but I kind of hope it's Damien Lewis
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 449
    Forum Member
    dizzie wrote: »
    Homeland is only a 12 episode season show. They film on a slightly different schedule to the network shows that have 22/23 episodes, and film July-April. Homeland starts season filming in around May, and finishes no later than December. So, sure, Brody's death may not happen until towards the end of the season we're watching, but Damien (if he's leaving) may well complete his filming much earlier than that. Plenty of time to fit in filming for pilot season - if this show (whatever it is, and whoever is in it) gets picked up during pilot season, full series filming won't start until summer 2014 anyway.

Yes, I am aware of the scheduling and the duration of each season. I think you misunderstood. I just think that the producer would not be in the habit of giving away a vital spoiler even before Season 3 was about to air. So I cannot see him dying so soon. That being said, the article seems to imply viewers will not have long to wait, and there are still 9 episodes left with the finale due to air mid December. I cannot see him dying before then. I may be wrong. But I totally agree that Damien would certainly have plenty of time in his schedule to fit in a pilot.
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could it be an hawaii five 0 cast member?

Or the main actpr in 2 and a half men
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I can't see it being any of the H50 cast. I don't think any of them have got that much pull. And sitcoms very, very rarely kill off any of their actors unless forced to by outside influences.
  • KrommKromm Posts: 6,180
    Forum Member

The second: not a drama. :D Despite the mess Chucky Sheen left behind.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't see it being any of the H50 cast. I don't think any of them have got that much pull. And sitcoms very, very rarely kill off any of their actors unless forced to by outside influences.

If any of them did it would be Daniel Dae Kim, he's probably the biggest star out of all of them. I hope it's none of them though, I love Hawaii Five-O
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Schmiznurf wrote: »
    If any of them did it would be Daniel Dae Kim, he's probably the biggest star out of all of them. I hope it's none of them though, I love Hawaii Five-O

I'd agree about Kim actually, but I don't see him being enough of a pull to lead his own show.

I suppose it could be someone from 'Criminal Minds' maybe?. I don't watch the show personally but I know it's very popular in the states. Maybe Law and Order as well ?.
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    when will we find out? anyone know when the rumoured actors shows end?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    when will we find out? anyone know when the rumoured actors shows end?

I don't think they will even say when the show will end, It will end up being too much of a clue then. It could even be a death during the season, an out of the field one.
  • shandygirl1211shandygirl1211 Posts: 2,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What about Mark Harman (Gibbs NCIS) or even LL or Chris from NCIS:LA
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What about Mark Harman (Gibbs NCIS) or even LL or Chris from NCIS:LA

I think once Mark Harmon leaves NCIS, he'll probably not do any kind of acting for a good few years. He's as typecast as you'll get at the moment.
  • Toffee GuyToffee Guy Posts: 2,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Schmiznurf wrote: »

Really? Kim's not the main star of Hawaii Five-O, both Alex O'Loughlin and Scott Caan are bigger stars.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think once Mark Harmon leaves NCIS, he'll probably not do any kind of acting for a good few years. He's as typecast as you'll get at the moment.

Mark Harmon has participated within a range of series throughout his career, including St Elsewhere, and despite the success of NCIS, am not sure whether could be considered typecast.