IOS7 beta 2

satman17satman17 Posts: 2,607
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anyone know what changes have apple have made for IOS7 beta 2 ?

Comments

• grumpyoldbatgrumpyoldbat Posts: 3,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I looked at that lock screen and thought, Is this a Windows Phone which I see before me? :D
  • calico_piecalico_pie Posts: 10,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What gave it away? The never before seen on an iPhone combination of a picture and the time? :p
  • IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    calico_pie wrote: »
    What gave it away? The never before seen on an iPhone combination of a picture and the time? :p

The style of it, the font, it gives the same vibe.
  • linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All I will say is it looks better on the ipad than iphone from the videos. Especially multiple tasking and music player.
  • uniqueunique Posts: 12,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    does the ebay app work on beta2? i went back to 6.1.3 or whatever as the main 3 apps i use didn't work on it
  • The Lord LucanThe Lord Lucan Posts: 5,054
    Forum Member
    It just seems so much better on a 5 & iPad. It doesn't look right on a 4/4S.
  • linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It just seems so much better on a 5 & iPad. It doesn't look right on a 4/4S.

Looks better on the ipad on general. Looks awful on iphone.

Atleast ipad can take advantage of the multi tasking better.
  • jem101jem101 Posts: 400
    Forum Member
    unique wrote: »
    does the ebay app work on beta2? i went back to 6.1.3 or whatever as the main 3 apps i use didn't work on it

No it still appears to lock the phone up although if you leave it long enough it will quit itself and go back to the home screen.
  • The Lord LucanThe Lord Lucan Posts: 5,054
    Forum Member
    Ebay could be blocking the app on 7 as it seems to be a time out issue similar to Natwest blocking usage with their app.
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The improvements are definitely noticeable in Beta 2. Much of the lag has gone.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KieranDS wrote: »
    Much of the lag has gone.

I wish you hadn't said that ;)

This is interesting though - it claims that many people testing Beta 2 have almost doubled their battery life.

http://www.stableytimes.com/news/ios-7-beta-2-download-ipad-amazing-iphone-battery-life-siris-a-man/8142/

I'm tempted to try it now, but I suspect it'll only be a few weeks before Beta 3 ..
  • Zee_BukhariZee_Bukhari Posts: 1,335
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they copied many features from Windows Phone for iOS 7.
  • calico_piecalico_pie Posts: 10,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Which features are they?
  • davybhoydavybhoy Posts: 1,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Imzdl.com is a great place to get iOS 7 beta and it's only $8. Not sure how they do it so cheap but it works and iOS 7 is brilliant in my opinion :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davybhoy wrote: »
    Imzdl.com is a great place to get iOS 7 beta and it's only $8. Not sure how they do it so cheap but it works and iOS 7 is brilliant in my opinion :)

Not sure about that site - is it a legal download site ?

(And I don't ask that to be all 'forum police' or anything - genuinely interested!)
  • Stuart_hStuart_h Posts: 5,311
    Forum Member
    genuine question (before i get shouted at).

What features do people feel are genuinely 'novel' in the latest iOS ? Is there anything there not already available (on W8, Android or even in the App Store) ?

From what I have read it seems mostly a visual change whilst adding multitasking. Things like the rumoured 'head jerl' to change volume (???) is that just an effort to now think of ways to control that havent already been used elsewhere ?

I mean, we have face unlock, eye tracking, non-touch touch .... are all sides just trying to think of other 'novelty' features to add in ? Face unlock, for example, is pure novelty IMHO. Great fun to demo but very few use it I would say.
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    davybhoy wrote: »

Simple, they buy developer accounts at $99 each which with each one they can add up to 100 UDID's to that account. $8 x 100 = $800.
  • tdensontdenson Posts: 5,773
    Forum Member
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    Simple, they buy developer accounts at $99 each which with each one they can add up to 100 UDID's to that account. $8 x 100 = $800.

However, this is against Apple's T's & C's and can result in the account being cancelled and you ending up with a bricked iPhone (until the official release).
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    tdenson wrote: »
    However, this is against Apple's T's & C's and can result in the account being cancelled and you ending up with a bricked iPhone (until the official release).

While Imzdl go laughing and rubbing their hands together all the way to the bank.
    They must of made a small fortune so far with a profit of $701 on each developer account they've opened.
  • davybhoydavybhoy Posts: 1,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They make profit and I save $91 so win win
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stuart_h wrote: »
    What features do people feel are genuinely 'novel' in the latest iOS ? Is there anything there not already available (on W8, Android or even in the App Store) ?

I suppose it's not a 'feature' in any practical sense, but i do like the parrallax scrolling on the home screen.

I can't remember using sub-folders before on my S3, but I suspect there are plenty of apps to take care of that though.
  • Deleted_User381237831Deleted_User381237831 Posts: 7,902
    Forum Member
    I wish you hadn't said that ;)

This is interesting though - it claims that many people testing Beta 2 have almost doubled their battery life.

http://www.stableytimes.com/news/ios-7-beta-2-download-ipad-amazing-iphone-battery-life-siris-a-man/8142/

I'm tempted to try it now, but I suspect it'll only be a few weeks before Beta 3 ..

Seems to be true.

Unplugged my iPhone at 7:30 this morning and it was at 99% full at 10:30
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems to be true.

Unplugged my iPhone at 7:30 this morning and it was at 99% full at 10:30

What was your usage in those 3 hours though ?
  • Deleted_User381237831Deleted_User381237831 Posts: 7,902
    Forum Member
    What was your usage in those 3 hours though ?

Same as normal, but it used to be about 91-92% by that point