Prometheus - Ridley Scotts Alien Prequel

Comments

• Steve AWOLSteve AWOL Posts: 1,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tickets now on sale for the Prometheus at the UK's biggest cinema screen :cool:

Prometheus - An IMAX 3D Experience | BFI
  • highnalhighnal Posts: 2,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone just see the extended trailer during Homeland?

It looks awesome!!
  • Jamandell (d69)Jamandell (d69) Posts: 3,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep! And it can be watched again here!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1byZkbNB3Jw&feature=youtu.be
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trailer rocks. Roll on Blade Runner 2.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JCR wrote: »
    Picturehouse cinemas have put tickets on sale, showings starting on June 1st as listing it's UK rating as 15.

15 in the UK but a PG-13 in the States possibly? I wouldn't call that a proper R rated movie it really deserves to be.
  • dirrrtydirrrty Posts: 8,442
    Forum Member
    highnal wrote: »
    Anyone just see the extended trailer during Homeland?

It looks awesome!!

Yes was brilliant. I was shocked they played the full trailer
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dirrrty wrote: »
    Yes was brilliant. I was shocked they played the full trailer

I've seen the trailer for Prometheus at the cinema. This wasn't the same trailer that was shown on tv i don't think. Some folk have commented the trailer on the tv revealed far too much.

Also Spain has given Prometheus an 18 certificate

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=58555
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yup, the current cinema trailer isn't the same as the one shown tonight on Channel 4.

The trailer shown on TV is very good, but very SPOILER FILLED: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1byZkbNB3Jw
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow i cannot wait to see this quite a few good films on my list this year!!
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The TV trailer seems to blow the entire film. I now wished I hadn't watched it and just stuck to the last theatrical trailer, which doesn't include all those little spoilery bits of the TV one. I'm really mad that those 'creature' shots are in ANY trailer. Does showing them make more people want to go and see it??
  • VoynichVoynich Posts: 14,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know if it'll live up to expectations, but that trailer had me drooling!! :D
  • DarthchaffinchDarthchaffinch Posts: 7,558
    Forum Member
    Was a great trailer but agree they showed too much- looks excellent though can't wait!!!!!
  • johnson293johnson293 Posts: 1,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have seen all the trailers so far, including last nights.

Spoilers have never really bothered me, to be honest. And glimpses of whatever it is the find just makes me wanna see it more now, to find out if/how they are indeed linked to the xenomorphs in the original film.

Bring it on I say, can't wait!
  • IggymanIggyman Posts: 8,021
    Forum Member
    MrSuper wrote: »
    I've seen the trailer for Prometheus at the cinema. This wasn't the same trailer that was shown on tv i don't think. Some folk have commented the trailer on the tv revealed far too much.

Also Spain has given Prometheus an 18 certificate

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=58555

Try clicking on the original link:

http://www.cinefilo.es/peliculas/prometheus/18353/

There's no rating, only a greyed out box.

Either it was put up by mistake, or Fox objected and it was removed.

Bear in mind that Prometheus isn't even released in Spain until early August.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I cannot wait for this movie. I just rewatched Alien and it has made me all the more excited.

I am hoping for a high rating on this one. I don't want it to be watered down. Too many films are made for children these days (the latest Die Hard movie is probably the worst offender of all).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A video game ad to be (I presume) shown before Prometheus in cinemas was recently rated 15 and then removed from the BBFC's website and appeared again a few days later rated 12A. I think this could mean that Fox will want a 12A for the movie too.

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/AAV289494/
  • AdsAds Posts: 37,037
    Forum Member
    I have Imax tickets for the first weekend, so am looking forward to this - just hope the 3D doesn't spoil it
  • RelugusRelugus Posts: 12,044
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The new trailer actually reveals very little. David and Vickers both remain totally ambiguous, no one knows which way they will go, and Holloway could be either a hero or villain as well. The "Penina" snake creature is shown very briefly and is likely only one of many monstrosities in the film.

We still know next to nothing about the space jockeys, though we can surmise from the TED talk that Weyland will not be at all deterred by any threats they make.
  • InTheLoopInTheLoop Posts: 6,595
    Forum Member
    Im so looking forward to this. i just thought of something quite interesting...
    could it be possible that xenomorphs as we know them were only created from some of the alleged prometheus crew?
    What's to say that the xenomorphs existed before the film? The space jockeys burst chest corpse could imply other life forms.
    Its a long shot . but the trailer certainly looks like some crew are infected and are transforming into xenomorphs as we know them.
    seems pretty cool thinking that the xenomorphs ripley and the nostromo crew are fighting were once humans turned into xenomorphs from prometheus !
  • balthasarbalthasar Posts: 2,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whatever explaination is served up for the "space jockey" I feel it may not match what the veiwers of the first film could come up with in their imagination...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 281
    Forum Member
    Just had a look on the Odeon website to see if there were many IMAX seats left for the first weekend. I could only find 10.30PM showings of Prometheus in all Odeon IMAX screens across the UK.

Do you think this is because the tickets have sold out or they're not taking bookings? Surely they can't be only one IMAX showing per day for this film during the first week (the second week has more showings).
  • ShizukuShizuku Posts: 2,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh man, I've not anticipated a film this much for ages. Really hope it lives up to expectations. I wish I could stop reading all the theories and spoilers! I hope that the trailers have been designed to completely mislead people like me!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope the rumours of it being a 15 are true. I don't want all the horror to be "implied". Also, I don't want to put up with idiot parents who take their small children to see it.
  • K2rayK2ray Posts: 515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mr_me wrote: »
    I hope the rumours of it being a 15 are true. I don't want all the horror to be "implied". Also, I don't want to put up with idiot parents who take their small children to see it.

R rated looks on in US (http://www.totalfilm.com/news/prometheus-will-receive-an-r-rating) so, yes, a 15 (maybe) 18 certificate looks on for the UK. Looks like FOX has learnt from the mistakes of AVP.
  • MoggioMoggio Posts: 4,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It won't be an '18' certificate.