Rose is the Moment?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,229
Forum Member
✭✭✭
'She' ends the Time War, as Bad Wolf.

See the rose-shaped jewel in the trailer? It even has gold type thorns around it's base.

'The Moment is coming' she says.

Bad Wolf Rose transposes all her energy into the jewel/plunger and all three doctors press it, locking/ending the Time War.

What do I win? :D

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 216
    Forum Member
    I think that the BIG RED BUTTON OF DOOM just sends the three Doctors into the Time War. Otherwise the behind the scenes pics would spoil the climax of the episode.
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Grisonaut wrote: »
    What do I win? :D

Nothing as I said the same thing some days ago.

I wasn't being entirely serious at the time though. :D
  • AvidianAvidian Posts: 6,043
    Forum Member
    I thought the John Hurt character is/was "the Moment"......failing that......summat to do with Martine McCutcheon? :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 191
    Forum Member
    Rose is definitely the moment for me, but I worry about the kerb stones :D
  • AvidianAvidian Posts: 6,043
    Forum Member
    ----- wrote: »
    Rose is definitely the moment for me, but I worry about the kerb stones :D
    :confused: Are you referring to her to Billie Piper's teeth? :p
  • RobRob Posts: 4,168
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this Moment stuff purely stemed from the trailer or have we heard it before?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RobInnes wrote: »
    Is this Moment stuff purely stemed from the trailer or have we heard it before?

The End of Time.

RASSILON: What news of the Doctor?
    CHANCELLOR: Disappeared, my Lord President.
    PARTISAN: (a woman) But we know his intention. He still possesses the Moment, and he'll use it to destroy Daleks and Time Lords alike.

It's also been mentioned a few times in the Comics.

http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/The_Moment
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So the stuff at the heart of the 50th anniversary comes from RTDs era?

Seems odd; Time War, Time Lords locked away, Bad Wolf, Rose, The Moment etc.
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    So the stuff at the heart of the 50th anniversary comes from RTDs era?

Seems odd; Time War, Time Lords locked away, Bad Wolf, Rose, The Moment etc.

We've only seen one seventy fifth of the show; and the trailer is likely edited in a misleading way- I doubt the 'come to the right place' line is actually a reaction to the Hurt Doctor, as suggested in the ad.

I would be amazed if River Song's not in it. Would guess Amy & Rory too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JCR wrote: »
    We've only seen one seventy fifth of the show.

I would be amazed if River Song's not in it. Would guess Amy & Rory too.

I meant the main story threads come from RTDs backstory he created to link the old series with the new one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    I meant the main story threads come from RTDs backstory he created to link the old series with the new one.

Well if Moffat's original idea was to introduce an unseen incarnation of the Doctor then the only place in the Doctor's life this could really be is between 8 and 9.

Given that the big unseen Event of the Time War also happened in this period it would seem logical to include that in the story as well.

Of course there is probably more to the Story than just the Time War.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Corwin wrote: »
    Well if Moffat's original idea was to introduce an unseen incarnation of the Doctor then the only place in the Doctor's life this could really be is between 8 and 9.

I saw it as more that he decided to include the Time War in some way and it was from that he decided he could do some random other doctor because we didn't see the 8 to 9 regeneration.
    Corwin wrote: »
    Of course there is probably more to the Story than just the Time War.

Very true. Nothing's ever as it seems.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think RTD actually gave that much thought to the Time War.

It was a device for parking the 8th doc without things getting messy, and a way to exclude the Time Lords, who he said were boring and essentially a hang-over from the studio bound stories.

He wanted 2005 to be more upbeat, in a way that better suited the landscape of TV at the time.

I'm pretty glad that they turned up again later,and Timothy Dalton became the Credentials of Rasillon..
  • saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It was a device for parking the 8th doc without things getting messy, and a way to exclude the Time Lords, who he said were boring and essentially a hang-over from the studio bound stories.

He wanted 2005 to be more upbeat, in a way that better suited the landscape of TV at the time.

I'm pretty glad that they turned up again later,and Timothy Dalton became the Credentials of Rasillon..

Would you bring them back Grisonaut if you were showrunner?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Of course not but he was still the one to write it into the show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would you bring them back Grisonaut if you were showrunner?

As they were in Classic? No, I don't think so. I can see RTD's point, as the Time Lords were like a sci-fi version of a 70's courtroom drama.

I liked the Dalton crew of Time Lords, and it looks like that will get re-written. In fact, Moff has said the 50th will set out a new course for the Doctor. So, any way you cut it, it has to involve the Time Lords and Gallifrey.

Also, someone on the forum said that we were running out of Classic protagonists, and I think that's right (apologies to the FM in question, I can't quite remember who said it).

Apart from the Angel's, what NuWho adversary is really worth bringing back?

Actually, that's probably a whole different thread :D
    Forum Member
    As they were in Classic? No, I don't think so. I can see RTD's point, as the Time Lords were like a sci-fi version of a 70's courtroom drama.

I liked the Dalton crew of Time Lords, and it looks like that will get re-written. In fact, Moff has said the 50th will set out a new course for the Doctor. So, any way you cut it, it has to involve the Time Lords and Gallifrey.

Also, someone on the forum said that we were running out of Classic protagonists, and I think that's right (apologies to the FM in question, I can't quite remember who said it).

Actually, that's probably a whole different thread :D

The Beast! :D
  • ShevkShevk Posts: 1,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    More ood would be 'ood.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I doubt we'll see the Angels again for some time, Moffat himself has said he has no plans to do another story with them (he could of course be lying). So we may not see them again till another writer or showrunner does them.

The Silence and Madam K need to return.

The Krillitane with their ability to change form gives the show both a returning Monster and a brand new design.

More could maybe have been done with The Wire's species though the Great Intelligence taking over Broadband is probably too similar (maybe the GI and The Wire are the same species? :eek: )
  • AdelaideGirlAdelaideGirl Posts: 3,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Ood weren't an adversary.

Absorbaloff .... Sorry were you being serious. Umm maybe the Raxacoricofallapatorians on their own planet - no skin suits, the Silence, Judoon & the shadow proclamation.
  • solenoidsolenoid Posts: 15,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rose is the Moment?
    Cue Billie singing that Martine McCutcheon song "This is my moment."
    Forum Member

Absorbaloff .... Sorry were you being serious. Umm maybe the Raxacoricofallapatorians on their own planet - no skin suits, the Silence, Judoon & the shadow proclamation.

The Twelfth Doctors stars in... Revenge of the Raxacoricofallapatorians.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    solenoid wrote: »
    Cue Billie singing that Martine McCutcheon song "This is my moment."

a Moment like this?.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, hang on.

One Moment in Time..
  • ShevkShevk Posts: 1,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's seems to be fairly easy to manipulate their telepathic network.

They were damn scary as a result in The Impossible Planet.