What happened to Mathew Horne?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 340
Forum Member
He and James Corden used to be bloody everywhere a few years ago but he seems to have sunk without a trace.

Anyone know why?

Comments

• niki1969niki1969 Posts: 153
    Forum Member
    He was in Death In Paradise last week. He lasted about 10 min before he was killed:)
  • FatsiaFatsia Posts: 1,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't the two of them fall out, or did I imagine that?
  • spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    maybe he likes to keep a low profile unlike james who is an attention seeker
  • ElementaireElementaire Posts: 136
    Forum Member
    He's been doing theatre - playing Charley's Aunt which toured. Also Bad Education is doing a second series
  • Squealer_MahonySquealer_Mahony Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    He had some kind of breakdown I think, and maybe life in the spotlight isn't form him.
    If that's the case then fair play to him for realizing it sooner rather than later and doing low key stuff he enjoys.
    I liked them as a duo, even though they got a lot of stick
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    He had some kind of breakdown I think, and maybe life in the spotlight isn't form him.
    If that's the case then fair play to him for realizing it sooner rather than later and doing low key stuff he enjoys.
    I liked them as a duo, even though they got a lot of stick

I thought their sketch show wasn't as bad as everyone made it out to be
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Horne and Corden realised they needed to split before both their careers went completely down the pan. James was always gonna do better than Mat after that point because he's much more talented (it pains me to say!). I don't think Mat had a 'breakdown', where has that ever been said??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Horne and Corden realised they needed to split before both their careers went completely down the pan. James was always gonna do better than Mat after that point because he's much more talented (it pains me to say!). I don't think Mat had a 'breakdown', where has that ever been said??

They might be referring to this

Horne appears in the film Lesbian Vampire Killers and made his stage debut in a 2009 revival of Entertaining Mr Sloane at the Trafalgar Studios. On 3 April 2009 it was reported that Horne collapsed on-stage during a West End performance of the play. He remained on-stage until medical assistance arrived, at which point he was taken to hospital. A statement released soon after said that he was exhausted after working 'flat out' for 3 months and it was later revealed that he was suffering from a virus
    Forum Member
    Apologies, I wasn't sure if it was physical or mental but I knew something had happened to him. Google will be my friend from now on
    Forum Member
    Verence wrote: »
    I thought their sketch show wasn't as bad as everyone made it out to be

I enjoyed it, it was light hearted entertainment. But I hadn't watched Gavin and Stacey when it was on first so maybe a lot of people were expecting more from it... Or something
  • amyawakeamyawake Posts: 7,846
    Forum Member
    And what happened to James Corden? :eek:

He used to have character - albeit too smug with it! Anyone seen him presenting The Brits awards? Wow, talk about bland and very obedient...now he has a character by-pass. What a disappointment - he's gone too much in the other direction in order to curry favour. How sad. :(
  • Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    amyawake wrote: »

He used to have character - albeit too smug with it! Anyone seen him presenting The Brits awards? Wow, talk about bland and very obedient...now he has a character by-pass. What a disappointment - he's gone too much in the other direction in order to curry favour. How sad. :(

He's grown up a bit. Ive always liked him with his 'arrogant' act, the same as Ricky Gervais, but even he admits he acted like a dick sometimes.

If were talking the Brits, he did make it clear last year thats it wasnt about him and he was just 'linking' the show together.

Hes married with a son now and a little more sensible but still funny.

Mathew Horne was most recently in Bad Education with Jack Whitehall which was rubbish.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

He's in David Beckham's golden circle now. Another few months of toning it down and Dave will probably let him hang out with Wills. (See the newly meek and mild Gordon Ramsey.)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I enjoyed it, it was light hearted entertainment. But I hadn't watched Gavin and Stacey when it was on first so maybe a lot of people were expecting more from it... Or something

Or maybe lot of people thought H&C were getting ideas above their station and were due a kicking, critically speaking
  • dickronsondickronson Posts: 2,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was it not becuase James Corden was turning into a complete cock, and he wanted to distance himself?
  • Kolin KlingonKolin Klingon Posts: 4,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They might be referring to this

Horne appears in the film Lesbian Vampire Killers and made his stage debut in a 2009 revival of Entertaining Mr Sloane at the Trafalgar Studios. On 3 April 2009 it was reported that Horne collapsed on-stage during a West End performance of the play. He remained on-stage until medical assistance arrived, at which point he was taken to hospital. A statement released soon after said that he was exhausted after working 'flat out' for 3 months and it was later revealed that he was suffering from a virus

But physical exhaustion and mental breakdown are two very different things.
  • codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The H&C sketch show was probably the worst "comedy" ive ever seen.

Its right up there with the "that Anthony Cotton Show"
    Forum Member
    There's an Anthony Cotton Show? MUST WATCH
  • codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's an Anthony Cotton Show? MUST WATCH

There used to be.

It was the worst TV show ever aired.
  • NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It was that bad I was praying for Sam Fox and that Fleetwood Mac bloke to gatecrash the party and take over the mic.

Maybe they should ask Matthew to do it next year? He couldn't do any worse.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    But physical exhaustion and mental breakdown are two very different things.

I realise that but what I meant was that maybe the person who first mentioned breakdown had a vague memory of some medical problem Matt Horne had suffered and had put 2 and 2 together and made 5
  • mrblankmrblank Posts: 5,687
    Forum Member
    award ceremonys are being turned in comedy roasts thats the trouble.they should be a celebration of the people their and who win awards not a platform for taking the p*** out of them
    Forum Member
    I realise that but what I meant was that maybe the person who first mentioned breakdown had a vague memory of some medical problem Matt Horne had suffered and had put 2 and 2 together and made 5

Yep, I did make 5, I didn't use the word mental but I did think it was reported as stress related at the time. Clearly wrong. Sorry folks.
  • tiggerpoohtiggerpooh Posts: 4,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spookyLX wrote: »
    maybe he likes to keep a low profile unlike james who is an attention seeker

I'd love to see James back in Doctor Who as Craig. He acted well in that, although the 2010 story itself, I thought was a bit silly. The 2011 story Closing Time featuring James was a bit better. The script was good, espcially when I thought Craig was a gonner at the hands of the Cybermen.

I'd also love him and Matthew to do a Gavin and Stacey movie. I'd go to the cinema to see that, if it happened. :) Great show when it was on. Love seeing the repeats on Gold and Dave. Have every series on DVD plus the xmas one. :D Also got Horne and Corden series 1 on DVD, too. Their BBC3 show that sadly, didn't get past series 1. :(
    Forum Member
    Even a long one-off episode of G&S would be good. Sure we can live in hope