Have you ever been Tweeted by a famous person? who?

Comments

• r1verr1ver Posts: 106
    Forum Member
    Duncan Bannatyne tweeted me several messages of support when I did very well on a uk game show last year, and acknowledged me when I sent my thanks after the event. One of the highlights of the whole thing!
  • Leanne_Blake1Leanne_Blake1 Posts: 1,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sian Williams (formerly of BBC Breakfast)

Sian Reese-Williams (Gennie from Emmerdale)

Natalie Gumede
  • daisiesfandaisiesfan Posts: 2,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DEADLY_17 wrote: »
    Danielle Staub Real Housewives of New Jersey.

Me too, she even follows me not that I really go on Twitter much. In fact the only people to ever reply to any of my tweets were Brandi Glanville, Carlton Gebbia, Lea Black and Phaedra Parks, all Housewives lol.
  • RyJaRyJa Posts: 900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I very rarely go on Twitter but I tweeted Michael Rosen as my 6 year old had brought one of his books home from school and I wanted to let him know how much we enjoyed reading it. He re - tweeted it :)
  • latinlouloulatinloulou Posts: 3,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The author Erica James regularly replies to my Tweets, also had Tweets from Mark Benton during his Strictly run.
  • manderleymanderley Posts: 2,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    k d lang

Rebecca Ferguson

MP's Tom Watson and Chris Bryant.
  • mrblankmrblank Posts: 5,687
    Forum Member
    madeline duggan ex lauren branning in EE rachel bright poppy in EE jamie east comic and some BB HMs
  • IWasBoredIWasBored Posts: 3,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does Victor from Big Brother 2004 count?

Tom Six, who also follows me (director of the Human Centipede)

writer and journalist David Southwell

Actress Jessica Messenger
  • puffenstuffpuffenstuff Posts: 1,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ive been followed by and talk to Yoko Ono & Nick Clegg and was talking to a friend about Keith Lemon when he joined in the conversation.
  • puffenstuffpuffenstuff Posts: 1,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dgi_m wrote: »
    do you not think it's kinda sad that this is how people spend their time these days?

sending messages to celebs in the hope of getting a reply...

My twitter account directed traffic to my blog about life growing up in Liverpool in the 1950s and 1960s, without asking her to & out of the blue, Yoko Ono sent me a lovely message saying how much John would have enjoyed my stories about Liverpool and then followed me! wow that was a huge surprise to me!I definitely dont go celebrity tweeting.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I met Eric Close (@EricRClose) who plays Mayor Conrad in Nashville a couple of months ago and he followed me.

I also met Bob Harris (@WhisperingBob) at a music venue in Nashville and he followed, tweeted and DMd me, am sending him my EP when it's finished :)
  • kobiashimaruxkobiashimarux Posts: 8,619
    Forum Member
    Dan Stevens from Downton Abbey (we are related) and Dean Haglund from the X files.
  • annie.90annie.90 Posts: 193
    Forum Member
    Luke Mitchell (Romeo From Home and Away) replied to one of my tweets after I met him :)
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    Mark Gatiss and Joan Collins have retweeted me, Sue Perkins tweeted me a message of thanks, Nicki Chapman commented on something of mine and Marian Keyes often responds/ re tweets. Had a few nice little conversations with her.

I'm also followed by Barack Obama (although he follows millions and it appears to be at random) and Eddie Izzard (due to my involvement with a pro-NHS pressure group)
  • LucyconLucycon Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    I don't use Twitter but my daughter gets Tweets from Julia Bradbury and Lucy Alexander from Homes Under the Hammer.
  • DANCE OF DEATHDANCE OF DEATH Posts: 4,781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had a tweet retweeded by TV critic Kevin Sullivan, but I am getting followed by actress Ruth Millar not that I'm on twitter much.
  • afcbfanafcbfan Posts: 7,161
    Forum Member
    Not really. I got the Holy Trinity of a reply, retweet and favourite from New York-based songstress Amy Crawford, if that's any good. Never managed the Full House with a 'Follow', though.
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,963
    Forum Member
    Jason Bradbury didn't agree with me that World of Warcraft is finished. I guess he's right but it is on a slow wind down. Not hard to get a tweet off Jason though as he makes an effort to chat with his followers.
  • babinabababinaba Posts: 5,444
    Forum Member
    I've had tweets off Holly Willoughby, Philip Schofield, Davina McCall, Jonathan Ross, Leigh Francis, Carrie Ann Inaba, Alan Davies, Ed Byrne, Andi Peters, Jenni Falconer, Emma Kennedy, Jamelia, Kate Thornton, Dom Joly, Carla Bonner (Steph in Neighbours), Jason Manford, Noel Clarke, Ian Rankin, someone from the Office, Duncan Bannatyne, I had a retweet from Kirsty Allsop and one from Matt Lucas that caused me to receive a barrage of tweets from his fans (I said his new show didn't look great from the trailer and got ppl giving me crap - I still like him, just wasn't keen on the show)

I have some that follow me too - Jenni Falconer, Philip Schofield, Peter Andre and Gino DiCampo
  • babinabababinaba Posts: 5,444
    Forum Member
    dgi_m wrote: »
    do you not think it's kinda sad that this is how people spend their time these days?

sending messages to celebs in the hope of getting a reply...

I never send a tweet in the hope of a reply, it's nice when they do reply but I often send tweets to celebs when they've said something and I'm responding.

I'm never upset or sad or anything when they don't reply - no point getting worked up over
  • DemonicrodentDemonicrodent Posts: 520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Danny in emmerdale ,he retweeted me after I called him a has been c word wanting a fight.
  • TTTangoTTTango Posts: 7,619
    Forum Member
    Dec:);-)
  • CampcrusaderCampcrusader Posts: 3,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Linda Robson from 'Birds of a Feather' replied to my comment, Honor Blackman re-tweeted my thanks for her theatre show, Jimmy Akingbola from 'Holby City' re-tweeted a comment about his current storyline, and Beverley Callard thanked me for tweeting support when she was sent a rude tweet by the vile James Arthur...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    I have been tweeted by Jedward, Bobby Crush, Vicki Michelle, Patti Boulaye and Russell Kane. A-listers I know :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    I've been tweeted by Sasha Alexander but only because I asked her a question