Joss Stone "Breaking News"

13»

Comments

• VennegoorVennegoor Posts: 14,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just hope Robbie has the courtesy to come out with a video in a Yank accent asking the world to "Leave Joss alone".

More seriously, it's very bad form for DS or any other media source to publish so much information that is essentially evidence. It could badly prejudice a trial.
  • KidPokerKidPoker Posts: 4,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Things to do.

Buy milk, bread
    pay bill
    kids to school
    Rob and kill joss stone
    Find river to dump body in
    pick kids up.
    Google Kerry Katona.

Haha. :D
  • .Lauren..Lauren. Posts: 7,864
    Forum Member
    I just don't understand why you'd choose Joss Stone. I mean if you're going to rob and murder a famous person, surely you'd rob and kill someone more famous, no?
  • *Sparkle**Sparkle* Posts: 10,955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    .Lauren. wrote: »
    I just don't understand why you'd choose Joss Stone. I mean if you're going to rob and murder a famous person, surely you'd rob and kill someone more famous, no?
    I'm no criminal mastermind, but I'd speculate that the point wasn't to rob and murder a famous person, but to rob and murder a rich person.

Joss Stone is a very rich young woman, despite not appearing in the tabloids or trashy magazines very often.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    .Lauren. wrote: »

A "more famous" person would have more security, so it wouldn't make more sense.

Like the poster above said - it was never about her fame, it was about her money. Joss has MILLIONS of pounds. They probably thought she kept a load of cash in a hidden safe behind a photo. :rolleyes:
  • .Lauren..Lauren. Posts: 7,864
    Forum Member
    *Sparkle* wrote: »
    I'm no criminal mastermind, but I'd speculate that the point wasn't to rob and murder a famous person, but to rob and murder a rich person.

Joss Stone is a very rich young woman, despite not appearing in the tabloids or trashy magazines very often.
    Gold_Fish wrote: »
    A "more famous" person would have more security, so it wouldn't make more sense.

Like the poster above said - it was never about her fame, it was about her money. Joss has MILLIONS of pounds. They probably thought she kept a load of cash in a hidden safe behind a photo. :rolleyes:

Good points, didn't really think about that.
  • grahamzxygrahamzxy Posts: 11,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Things to do.

Buy milk, bread
    pay bill
    kids to school
    Rob and kill joss stone
    Find river to dump body in
    pick kids up.
    Google Kerry Katona.

Keep taking your meds please.:)
  • grahamzxygrahamzxy Posts: 11,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vennegoor wrote: »
    I just hope Robbie has the courtesy to come out with a video in a Yank accent asking the world to "Leave Joss alone".

More seriously, it's very bad form for DS or any other media source to publish so much information that is essentially evidence. It could badly prejudice a trial.

Evidence can be revealed before someone is charged otherwise it is contempt of court.
  • Tfan26Tfan26 Posts: 6,829
    Forum Member
    Poor Joss, what a horrible thing to plot.
  • VennegoorVennegoor Posts: 14,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grahamzxy wrote: »
    Evidence can be revealed before someone is charged otherwise it is contempt of court.

The article in question stated they'd been charged and remanded.
  • rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually sickening reading this story.

Genuinely shocked and horrified about this, she was potentially hours from death, they should throw away the key with this pair.

I Adore Joss Stone, so much negativity thrown at her for an accent she'd had on her previous 2 albums that noone batted an eyelid at, and from then on she's been ostracised for nothing. They probably thought if they killed her, there wouldn't be such a public backlash as if they killed someone more popular.
  • phil solophil solo Posts: 9,669
    Forum Member
    This story is creepy, and a bit odd. If the details about very specific notes and equipment reported in the media are accurate, it does sort of suggest that the two men are 'hired hands' and there might be some Mr Big behind this whose primary intention was, in fact, to knock her off.

You can rob a safe, even a rich persons safe, without having to go to the trouble of murdering, (dismembering?) and disposing of them in body bags unless you really, really want to do them harm more than you want to take their money.

So who in Joss' life or business connections might want that? With the Tupac story rearing its head again, it is worth remembering that there are certain sections of the record industry business where some shady characters wield power and some extremely dodgy goings-on have occurred over the years.

(And I don't just mean Simon Cowell! :D)
  • rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    phil solo wrote: »
    This story is creepy, and a bit odd. If the details about very specific notes and equipment reported in the media are accurate, it does sort of suggest that the two men are 'hired hands' and there might be some Mr Big behind this whose primary intention was, in fact, to knock her off.

You can rob a safe, even a rich persons safe, without having to go to the trouble of murdering, (dismembering?) and disposing of them in body bags unless you really, really want to do them harm more than you want to take their money.

So who in Joss' life or business connections might want that? With the Tupac story rearing its head again, it is worth remembering that there are certain sections of the record industry business where some shady characters wield power and some extremely dodgy goings-on have occurred over the years.

(And I don't just mean Simon Cowell! :D)

She was heavily linked to stories of f'n for tracks a few years back, so as much as I adore her, I could believe she could have managed to get herself mixed up in something shady within the business.

There was the whole mess with her record label not releasing what she wanted to and her making her own homemade music video etc.
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,802
    Forum Member
    Why the assumption a 'body bag' means murder?

Is it not allowed to put a live body in one of those bags?
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i4u wrote: »
    Why the assumption a 'body bag' means murder?

Is it not allowed to put a live body in one of those bags?

You could perhaps use a body bag to kidnap someone, but in this case there seems to be other evidence that suggests they meant to murder her.
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Microkorg wrote: »
    Joss who?? no-one is listening love

Plenty are listening, love.
  • mazzy50mazzy50 Posts: 13,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks as if they really were a couple of people who should have been on a secure ward rather than out and about. One of them isn't even in a fit state to be sentenced at the moment.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-22013160

I think there are real concerns about the level of support patients with severe mental illness like schizophrenia receive. I thought the whole point of having depot injections was to ensure that people got the medication they needed if they could not be trusted to take them orally

They mention in the article that one of the convicted pair deteriorated when he didn't take his medicines (there's a surprise!) and that he stopped taking his medication some time before this plot was hatched.

What I don't understand is why people are just left to stop taking their medicines and deteriorate to a stage when something bad happens like suicide, attacking complete strangers or hatching bizarre plots like this one. I realise that there are laws protecting individual freedoms, but when that results in harm, it seems as if we may have got the application of the laws wrong.
  • occyoccy Posts: 64,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's very lucky she wasn't around at the time. These two are dangerous.
  • finkfink Posts: 2,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't believe they mucked it up :mad:
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,290
    Forum Member
    Both lunatics. Good riddance to them
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What with this and the fire case yesterday, it does appear that more criminals appear to think Shameless is a reality tv guide of how to love your life. So many crimes lately that could have been lifted straight from the show
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't Joss have a stalker years ago or am I getting mixed up with another singer?

Anyway this story is beyond weird! Glad they were caught and no harm done to Joss (although I am sure she must be suffering emotionall!)
  • Miriam_RMiriam_R Posts: 4,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another strange thing I heard was that they (these guys) didn't like the Royal family and because she attended the wedding that was part of the reason why they wanted to off her! Hope that isn't true because then what a truly stupid reason to want to kill someone. The other notion that they wanted to kiddnap, rob and then murder her is obv no better either. Poor girl, what a horrible moment to have to deal with.
  • mazzy50mazzy50 Posts: 13,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    occy wrote: »
    It's very lucky she wasn't around at the time. These two are dangerous.

I think she was at her house - fortunately they messed up and were intercepted before they got there.