Lucy Meacock

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 613
Forum Member
✭✭
I don't often watch news nowadays as I mostly use online sources, but I'm always amazed to see Lucy Meacock still on Granada, and looking no different to how I remember her as a child.

Does anyone know how old she is now, and whether she is still married? I remember there being a fuss about her wedding on the programme years ago.

Also, I think I saw her doing some ITN weekend news a few years ago - did this ever come to anything or is she staying dedicated to Granada?

(I realise this makes me sound like a stalker, but I'm not, honest!) I'm a happily married woman. But nosy.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    debonair wrote: »
    I don't often watch news nowadays as I mostly use online sources, but I'm always amazed to see Lucy Meacock still on Granada, and looking no different to how I remember her as a child.

Does anyone know how old she is now, and whether she is still married? I remember there being a fuss about her wedding on the programme years ago.

Also, I think I saw her doing some ITN weekend news a few years ago - did this ever come to anything or is she staying dedicated to Granada?

(I realise this makes me sound like a stalker, but I'm not, honest!) I'm a happily married woman. But nosy.

I've not seen Lucy presenting any weekend ITN bullitens for a while which is a shame.

Lucy will be 52 this year.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    52 :o

When she started she had a mad perm which I thought was so funky as a kid, but since she tamed that down she hasn't changed at all.

52! Blimey.
  • Wallasey SaintWallasey Saint Posts: 7,596
    Forum Member
    I can remember when she first started on Granada Reports, with co-presenter Bob Greaves & occasionally Bob Smithies.

I also remember the Granada Up-Front programme on Friday nights she co-presented with Tony Wilson in the early 90s.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She could never have a child and call him Sylvester.
    - this is a joke, if you think about it ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can remember when she first started on Granada Reports, with co-presenter Bob Greaves & occasionally Bob Smithies.

I also remember the Granada Up-Front programme on Friday nights she co-presented with Tony Wilson in the early 90s.

This was the first place I saw Steve Coogan, Brenda Gilhooly (now writing for Harry Hill but then Page 3 stunna Gail Tuesday), Caroline Ahern (as a nun) and John Thompson (may have been where he performed as Bernard Right-on).

And it's Anthony H to you!
  • MalbrenMalbren Posts: 3,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    52 :eek: she looks amazingly good for 52. Like you say I remember her from years ago and she's hardly aged since then.
  • greygrey Posts: 4,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This was the first place I saw Steve Coogan, Brenda Gilhooly (now writing for Harry Hill but then Page 3 stunna Gail Tuesday), Caroline Ahern (as a nun) and John Thompson (may have been where he performed as Bernard Right-on).

And it's Anthony H to you!

When the late Anthony H Wilson was a tv presenter many years ago he was known as Tony Wilson
  • JohnBoy WaltonJohnBoy Walton Posts: 993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think 'joke' is pushing it.
  • chocofluffchocofluff Posts: 256
    Forum Member
    Nope, don't get it!
    I remember visiting the Granada Studios Tour years ago and I volunteered to do a pretend Granada Reports in a studio with a camera.I was Lucy reading the news with a fake Tony Wilson next to me.

choco x:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I don't get it either?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sly Meacock!
    Is there a prize?
    I hadn't watched Granad Reports for about 10 years and when I caught it the other week I was amazed how good she looked. Ding Dong!

PS.on this website home page http://www.lucymeacock.co.uk/
    she looks remarkably like Elaine Page.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sly Meacock!
    Is there a prize?
    I hadn't watched Granad Reports for about 10 years and when I caught it the other week I was amazed how good she looked. Ding Dong!
    Well, done. Sorry. No prize. :)

I'm a little alarmed at how long it took for someone to spot the obvious. Or, perhaps, we two are the only ones with a childish enough sense of humour? :D
  • realwalesrealwales Posts: 3,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's married to Rob McLoughlin, formerly of Granada Reports, isn't she? I know he left the programme to focus on work with his production company around 2002, when the late Anthony Wilson returned for his second stint. However, he didn't cut all ties with the company, and still presents their regional political programme 'Party People' (although this is only normally shown once a month these days, and is the last regional programme left outside news).
  • BootleBootle Posts: 1,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She has got better with age alright. 52 eh? If I hadnt been watching Granada Reports for twenty years I'd still say she were about 35. Good looking but not sexy, int he sarah greene mould. That Hazel Barrett though, pwoar!
  • NeladNelad Posts: 1,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Prior to joining Granada, Lucy Meacock was at Tyne Tees as a junior reporter / newsreader on Northern Life.

At 52, she must be a similar age to our very own Pam Royle who reached 21 years on Tyne Tees news in December last year.

It does seem however that the years have been kinder to Ms Meacock than Ms Royle!

www.itv.com/granada/meettheteam

www.itv.com/tynetees/meettheteam
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was today apparently visually very distressed at the news of the death of Bob Greaves, her Granada colleague for many years.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sly Meacock!
    Is there a prize?

The correct joke first name for that surname is clearly 'Juliet'
  • epm-84epm-84 Posts: 3,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One other person who doesn't look to have aged is Sarah Elliott. She took voluntary redundancy in 2009 and returned recently on a freelance basis looking actually younger and slimer. I expect we'll see Sarah Elliott on a regular basis when Keri Eldridge goes on maternity leave.
  • epm-84epm-84 Posts: 3,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Lucy herself has said she doesn't want to move to London. She was relief ITN presenter between 2007-2009 which was partly down to Granada Reports being the first regional program to be awarded a BAFTA in 2007. She no longer does that role and Andrea Benfield has taken that place.
  • asp746asp746 Posts: 7,286
    Forum Member
    didnt she co-present with another woman when she 1st started??

i always remember she had a corgi called Ted (i think) and one time he was in the studio dressed up in a flat cap & coat.

dont think she's ever had kids - that's the secret to looking younger
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sly Meacock!
    Is there a prize?

PS.on this website home page http://www.lucymeacock.co.uk/
    she looks remarkably like Elaine Page.

Anyone else find that website hard to navigate?
  • DVDfeverDVDfever Posts: 18,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    number six wrote: »
    Anyone else find that website hard to navigate?

It's not great. Okay, but not great.
    Bootle wrote: »
    She has got better with age alright. 52 eh? If I hadnt been watching Granada Reports for twenty years I'd still say she were about 35. Good looking but not sexy, int he sarah greene mould. That Hazel Barrett though, pwoar!

I'd have said mid-40s. Couldn't believe she was 52!
  • SILLY SUESILLY SUE Posts: 5,499
    Forum Member
    I like Lucy as a presenter. :) If she's not on the programme (when I happen to watch it), I often say "Where's Peacock?" :D Yes I know her surname is Meacock but I like to affectionately refer to her as Peacock. :D

She's a hit with my Mum & Dad too. Dad reckons she dresses a lot better than when she first appeared on our TV screens.