Tina Malone is pregnant!

xmel05xmel05 Posts: 8,079
Forum Member
Congrats!

Comments

• daisiesfandaisiesfan Posts: 2,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    50 and pregnant, woah, good luck with that.
  • jiroosjiroos Posts: 15,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just seen it too - and am made up for her & Paul. Congrats!!!
  • fizzle90fizzle90 Posts: 6,467
    Forum Member
    Can't see anything anywhere confirming this, anyone got a link?
  • chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member
    Revealed on ITV This Morning, they followed her Ivf journey...she's just 5 weeks
  • fizzle90fizzle90 Posts: 6,467
    Forum Member
    chloeb wrote: »
    Revealed on ITV This Morning, they followed her Ivf journey...she's just 5 weeks

Thanks, just seen it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    Well I wish them good luck and hope all goes well. As Tina said it is possible to feel more healthy at an older age.
    Many of us fifty somethings have the energy to look after our grandchildren on a daily basis.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She wants a kid for all the wrong reasons. She's being extremely selfish to the child.

Tina Jr in ten years. "This is my mummy, not my granny"
  • BridgeGalBridgeGal Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    downtonfan wrote: »
    She wants a kid for all the wrong reasons. She's being extremely selfish to the child.

Exactly my thoughts when I saw This Morning :confused:
  • Val_BeamVal_Beam Posts: 3,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's early days yet..best wait and see how it goes.If it's not meant to happen,it won't.
  • nosilauknosilauk Posts: 647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    5 weeks is way to early for announcements - the heart's not even beating yet!
  • gulliverfoylegulliverfoyle Posts: 6,318
    Forum Member
    natures there for a reason
  • XXRunXXXXRunXX Posts: 2,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm more shocked at how she could afford it, considering she was made bankrupt recently!
  • quatroquatro Posts: 2,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it fair for a child to be 13, 14, 15..and have mother in her mid sixties? Personally I don't think it is, and to ignore the consequences and effect on her son/daughter is just selfish.
    She may be in good health now but fast forward 10 years and it could be a different story.
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well its up to her but give it a few years and she will be feeling completely exhausted. The menopause happens for a reason.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My dad was 46 when I was born and 48 when my brother was born, he'd had 3 children previously when he was younger. They got to do so much more with him than we did, and people did confuse him for being our grandad which I remember being really embarrassed about. I'm in my late twenties now and my friends grandparents are the same age as him, he requires as much help as they do. He was a fantastic dad despite his age, but I wish he'd been younger...I always feel slightly sorry for kids with older parents because of the stigma and like I say as much as they may think they can still do all the things they did in their 30's, they don't.
  • Swanandduck2Swanandduck2 Posts: 5,502
    Forum Member
    I can understand her desire for a child but as other people have said, nature is there for a reason.
    Also I find the whole publicity around the process and the announcement at 5 weeks a bit inappropriate.
  • sueh21sueh21 Posts: 2,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can understand her desire for a child but as other people have said, nature is there for a reason.
    Also I find the whole publicity around the process and the announcement at 5 weeks a bit inappropriate.

Agree, really silly to announce this before she has had 12 week scan, I know she is excited but lots of things can go wrong given her age.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Completely agree.
  • mercury01mercury01 Posts: 418
    Forum Member
    Now i'm no fan of hers (in fact i think she's very obnoxious) but who are any of you to say who's entitled to have a child at any age? It's nobodys business but her own and as long as she can provide emotionally and fiscally for the child then good for her.
    Agree that 5 weeks is way too early for any sort of announcement particularly for a woman in her circumstances
  • Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I say good luck to her. She may be older than the average mother but you can die or become ill at any age leaving a child without a parent its not just reserved for the oldies. She's obviously taking care of herself these days and is in good health. A 50 year old woman in perfect health is more likely to outlive say a chain smoker or heavy drinker aged 30 - yet no one would bat an eyelid if they got pregnant.

My parents were in their early 40s when they had me (and i'm the oldest of 3). I'm glad they were older, they had a lot of life experience and were financially well off and had a lot to offer and did a great job. Had they had kids 20 years earlier they wouldn't have had those advantages.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Announcing it at 5 weeks at the age of 50?

Damn bloody stupid.
  • FlannoFlanno Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are rather unflattering photos of Tina Malone & her hubby on the DM website.

'Pimp' & 'Prossie' springs to mind. :eek:
  • lubaluba Posts: 1,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    downtonfan wrote: »

Those comments are very rude.
    Age is not important, as long as the child (not kid) is loved and looked after that is what is important.
  • yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    You mean someone actually, you know what? OMG.
  • cleo petracleo petra Posts: 984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Happy for her. From what I've seen she has got a lot of insight into human emotions which makes her way ahead of 50% of mothers.