Unable to update ipad

Dancing QueenDancing Queen Posts: 9,917
Forum Member
My ipad has 2 apps which have been stuck in waiting mode to update for 48 hours. What is the solution to either get them to update or delete. Help please:)

Comments

• Mr. CoolMr. Cool Posts: 1,551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably just delete them if you can, then reinstall.
  • Fletch10Fletch10 Posts: 499
    Forum Member
    Can you actually connect to iTunes? I've been unable to all week so have 6 updates waiting and I'm unable to download any new apps or music.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fletch10 wrote: »
    Can you actually connect to iTunes? I've been unable to all week so have 6 updates waiting and I'm unable to download any new apps or music.

That's yet another side affect of the update to iOS 6. You might have to reset your device.
    Forum Member
    I didn't have an issue before this week, so I'm a bit confused. I've tried the changing the date to 2013. Logging out and logging in again, changing dns to 8.8.8.8 and had no luck.

Never done a reset before, how do you do that and what are the side affects?!
  • RoushRoush Posts: 4,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There aren't any negative side effects to a reset. Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears on the screen (the screen will go blank for a few seconds, keep the buttons held down during this).
    Forum Member
    Roush wrote: »
    There aren't any negative side effects to a reset. Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears on the screen (the screen will go blank for a few seconds, keep the buttons held down during this).

Hmm still no change. I've got no issues connecting to iTunes via my iPhone 4.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fletch10 wrote: »
    Hmm still no change. I've got no issues connecting to iTunes via my iPhone 4.

You might have to full reset using iTunes on your PC (wiping your data).
  • Dancing QueenDancing Queen Posts: 9,917
    Forum Member
    done everything but apps still stuck!! thanX tho'...PS probs with i tunes store (message has come up now)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sign out of iTunes and then back in.

If that doesn't work, set the date 1 year ahead.
    Forum Member
    Mr. Cool wrote: »
    You might have to full reset using iTunes on your PC (wiping your data).

I synced with my laptop and attempted to update apps via the pc, it didn't work, but then it did allow me to do it directly from the iPad.

Not sure why that worked to be honest, I didn't really know what I was doing as it was only the second time I've synced with my pc since I got the iPad at Christmas.
  • LysandarLysandar Posts: 1,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My ipad has 2 apps which have been stuck in waiting mode to update for 48 hours. What is the solution to either get them to update or delete. Help please:)

I had this problem after downloading ios6 onto my ipad3.
    But after a day or so. It corrected itself, and now works fine.
    No outstanding updates and the message"all apps are up to date" on Apps store.
    I think I may have held down the home button when I was fiddling about.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Problem has come back.
    Updates stuck in App Store.
    Hey Ho!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    What is the error you get, app store is connecting fine for me on a number of devices

Is this from your ipad/iphone directly or through a pc?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iPad3.
    After updating to IOS6, the App Stores app. will indicate an update is ready but will go no further,
    If there are no updates, I would in the past get a message "All apps are up to date"
    I no longer get that.
    Seems App Stores is not connecting to something.
    Exactly the same problem as the opening poster.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Lysandar wrote: »
    iPad3.
    After updating to IOS6, the App Stores app. will indicate an update is ready but will go no further,
    If there are no updates, I would in the past get a message "All apps are up to date"
    I no longer get that.
    Seems App Stores is not connecting to something.
    Exactly the same problem as the opening poster.

Ive just checked with some apple app developers (Im working with some at the moment). There have been intermittent problems with ios6 and ipad3/iphone5 with the app store/itunes store, it seems.

You could try a restart of your device as detailed here, You will also see reset here, but only do a reset if your device is not responding (reset really is a last resort, unless your jailbroken and you will know how this helps). Its quite rare you have to restart your device, as ios is good at doing this itself (ios is not like windows).

If the problem still persists suggest you open a call with apple from this page so they can look and fix.

There is apple communities, but its quite hard to fathom sometimes.
    Not sure if you are near an Apple store, they will help.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Many thanks, lettice.
    Blow me down with a feather,it's now working OK.
    As they've now acknowledged faults etc and presumably are working on it, I'll leave it as it is for now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now working OK
    It seems Apple have corrected the fault with the App Store app and the i-tunes app.
    Been OK now for two days.