Westlife Farewell Tour On DVD

coun3spicecoun3spice Posts: 671
Forum Member
✭✭
i believe it was already released in the UK... i am hearing rumors that it will only be released in uk? is this true? pls. hopefully not!!

we are waiting for that dvd in asia...

Comments

• CloudbusterCloudbuster Posts: 688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have always liked their odd song or two- apart from Uptown Girl which is horrific, as is the original- and went along to their farewell gig in Glasgow for a nosey and it was totallly underwhelming.

Such a disappointment
  • zeze88zeze88 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know about that coun3spice, but I ordered it on Amazon just in case.

I find it strange that the concert lasts 90 minutes, while I remember that the cinema version lasted 133 minutes. I guess they edited gaps on stage when they weren't there. I asked one user on Amazon who has the DVD - she will tell me all about the changes tonight. I will let you know:)
  • coun3spicecoun3spice Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thank you very much zeze88, i appreciate that..

hopefully it will be released in our country... everybody's waiting for it since we didnt get the chance to be part of the cinema simulcast of their farewell in croke park...

i hope it can reach number 1 in the uk...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i am always on chills whenever they sing flying without wings and you raise me up live, so powerful and sincere performance...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    Hi zeze88. I bought the DVD yesterday and watched it last night. Although it says it only runs for 90 mins it actually runs for 125 mins making it 2 hours 5 mins not 1 hour and a half. Don't know why they got it so wrong!!
  • siriusrosesiriusrose Posts: 1,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I also have this on Blu-Ray it's definitely been cut a lot different to the cinema version, if anyone remembers right at the start where the mannequins crotch is on fire, yeah they edited that bit so it's now focused on the crowd ha! It's a great DVD though, the lighting is beautiful, I hadn't noticed all the pyrotechnics first time round, it looks amazing... and the B-Stage is visually stunning! My only criticism with the DVD is it's edited quite badly in parts, like after the end of 'Safe' its quite abrupt, they're obviously trying to cut our the time between songs but you're not supposed to notice and you do at that point, also anyone going to the shows will remember that they did the speeches on the big screen between each segment and then there would be the intro music to the next song, well they've edited it so that the big screen speeches are overlapping the intro which is a huge shame because the medley, When You're Looking Like That & Jukebox intros were all really good and didn't deserve being edited over (plus the crowd picture is of them watching the empty stage with the intro music, but there noise is of them cheering to the lads on the screen so it looks a bit weird). Can I just say how apt is it that Westlife's last concert and last ever thing they did as a four piece was Mark belting out that epic flying without wings ablyb! I never wanted it to end!

Re: documentary - please don't get your hopes up if you're a Westlife fan as there isn't much new there. Most of it is made up of them performing Queen Of My Heart on stage at the first night of Croke Park and any fan with youtube has probably already seen that and then there's quite a lot of them talking, clearly from the same interview as was used in the actual tour segments, so it's not that insightful. There is some backstage stuff though and what there is is really good, but it was disappointing from my view. Although one of them did say (Kian, perhaps?) that some of footage filmed may be used for a future documentary to go out on tv. Considering they filmed a lot and not much was shown, I guess that might make sense.

Overall though it's a good dvd, I loved the show when I saw it live, it's not the best show they've put on, but it's still very enjoyable and the Croke Park setting is certainly beautiful, especially with all the camera lights when it gets darker. Also, Shane & Mark vocals are on point! The speeches are quite heart breaking too. It really makes me miss them, like really miss them! Although it has just made be x100000 more excited for Mark & Shane's solo careers and I wasn't sure that was even possible!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info!

I had a feeling that the documentary will have the same bits that were used as video clips during the tour... that disappoints me a little, they could have done something new.

How long is the documentary? My guess is 20-30 minutes:D

And I have to say, I was hoping that they would put something extra on Blu-Ray, like they did with audio commentary on Where We Are DVD
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't remember off hand but yeah about 20-30 mins.

I would have loved them to have done another audio commentary as the WWA one was amazing, I'd also have liked the doc to maybe have caught up with them after the show, even the next day or a few weeks / months after, just to kind of see how they all felt about it. But I guess the point was the gig was the last thing they were doing as a group, so any extras after weren't going to happen. Shame the doc didn't show anything from the arena tour though, those stools outside one of the arenas (Belfast is it?) as a tribute would have been a nice thing to have included.

BTW I love how Kian acknowledges his fly being down for the encore and he's just so upset that it's over he just doesn't seem to care really. Bless him!

[EDIT] Sorry, to clear up, they do catch up with them after the show, but immediately after as they get into the car to leave Croke Park. I meant when they had a bit of time to reflect it on.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    siriusrose wrote: »
    I can't remember off hand but yeah about 20-30 mins.

I would have loved them to have done another audio commentary as the WWA one was amazing, I'd also have liked the doc to maybe have caught up with them after the show, even the next day or a few weeks / months after, just to kind of see how they all felt about it. But I guess the point was the gig was the last thing they were doing as a group, so any extras after weren't going to happen. Shame the doc didn't show anything from the arena tour though, those stools outside one of the arenas (Belfast is it?) as a tribute would have been a nice thing to have included.

BTW I love how Kian acknowledges his fly being down for the encore and he's just so upset that it's over he just doesn't seem to care really. Bless him!

[EDIT] Sorry, to clear up, they do catch up with them after the show, but immediately after as they get into the car to leave Croke Park. I meant when they had a bit of time to reflect it on.

That's a great idea, I was thinking about that as well - I was hoping they would show at least a day or a week after the concert.

I didn't even notice Kian had a fly down:D

He was truly the most heartbroken towards the end. That is why I hate when I hear him say constantly that they will never do a reunion or that, if it happens, it will be just a one-off.

Oh, please... he doesn't know how will he feel in 5-10 years time so I find it annoying that he is so against the idea of recording again together in the future.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    how is the sales going in uk? are there any possibilities for thi dvd to go number 1?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, they are currently at no.2 in Amazon and Play (behind Coldplay). However, they were no.1 there for a very long time in the pre-order chart so I think they do have a chance for no.1. Plus, who knows how many people will actually buy the DVD in stores, not online.

I wish we could see the sales on Sunday - I personally don't know if there is a site about the DVD sales info.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    there is actually...

here's the link: http://www.officialcharts.com/music-video-chart/

:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    can you also post the link of amazon chart... thanks
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sure, here you go:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bestsellers-Film-TV-Music/zgbs/dvd/501888/ref=zg_bsnr_tab

I know about the music dvd charts. I was actually thinking about the site that could show us the sales - how many copies are sold, not just a chart position :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zeze88 wrote: »
    That's a great idea, I was thinking about that as well - I was hoping they would show at least a day or a week after the concert.

I didn't even notice Kian had a fly down:D

He was truly the most heartbroken towards the end. That is why I hate when I hear him say constantly that they will never do a reunion or that, if it happens, it will be just a one-off.

Oh, please... he doesn't know how will he feel in 5-10 years time so I find it annoying that he is so against the idea of recording again together in the future.

The thing is though, even if there's a thought in the back of his mind that he would like Westlife to get back together, he can't really voice that less than 6months after they split and before any of them have really done anything on their own (Shane & Mark have done nothing in the public eye). Also, he shouldn't give false hope to fans, I think he's doing/saying the right thing, he's basically saying all he knows - Westlife split so they could all do their own thing, so it's quite likely they could possibly reunite for a one off event but a full commitment to a new album and/or touring is unlikely.

I'm always going to be holding out for them to reunite at some stage and for a proper album and tour. But I don't want them to say that it's likely to happen when they actually have little to no intention of it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    siriusrose wrote: »
    The thing is though, even if there's a thought in the back of his mind that he would like Westlife to get back together, he can't really voice that less than 6months after they split and before any of them have really done anything on their own (Shane & Mark have done nothing in the public eye). Also, he shouldn't give false hope to fans, I think he's doing/saying the right thing, he's basically saying all he knows - Westlife split so they could all do their own thing, so it's quite likely they could possibly reunite for a one off event but a full commitment to a new album and/or touring is unlikely.

I'm always going to be holding out for them to reunite at some stage and for a proper album and tour. But I don't want them to say that it's likely to happen when they actually have little to no intention of it.

I get what you are saying, I really do. But, look at Nicky - he always says that the reunion wasn't in the plan, but he also says - never say never. I'm not saying Kian should say "we will definitely get together one day", but he shouldn't be so against the idea either. Besides, Nicky recently clearly voiced that the reunion could happen on Alan Carr show.I mean, I bet Take That never thought they would ever reunite, but look at them now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I got the DVD and I just watched the documentary.

Even though it showed nothing we don't already know, I still loved it. It is actually not the same as the video clips on the tour. I didn't mind that they showed Queen of My Hear with parents and kids on the stage because Youtube didn't give it justice - it is such a beautiful performance, seeing everyone together and seeing their wives reactions... and Kian & Koa are so adorable.

I loved how Kian said in the end - I picked up Mark Feehily of the floor too many times:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i'm very much excited to purchase the dvd and watch it!

i think it's normal for siriusrose to feel quite disappointed to the output dvd since you were able to watch the concert live... the live performance at croke will always be better than dvd :)

zeze, did it ever reached number 1 at amazon or number 2 is its highest position?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    coun3spice wrote: »
    i'm very much excited to purchase the dvd and watch it!

i think it's normal for siriusrose to feel quite disappointed to the output dvd since you were able to watch the concert live... the live performance at croke will always be better than dvd :)

zeze, did it ever reached number 1 at amazon or number 2 is its highest position?

By you, you mean me? Because I haven't watched the concert live actually:D

I am currently watching the concert on DVD and I have to say I'm very pleased how they edited it. I noticed some things that I haven't seen during cinema version like some close ups of the lads and crowd having fun. And they rearranged those video clips very nice.

About the DVD, it hasn't reached no.1 on Amazon this week, but like I said, it was always no.1 for many many weeks on Pre-order chart.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I get what you are saying, I really do. But, look at Nicky - he always says that the reunion wasn't in the plan, but he also says - never say never. I'm not saying Kian should say "we will definitely get together one day", but he shouldn't be so against the idea either. Besides, Nicky recently clearly voiced that the reunion could happen on Alan Carr show.I mean, I bet Take That never thought they would ever reunite, but look at them now.

I find it a bit weird you think Kian is so against a reunion, cause I don't see it that way at all. You say Nicky keeps saying they have no plans but never say never, will Kians saying they have no plans but can see them doing a one off thing in the future. I'm not really sure how that's much different.

BTW just wanted to say congrats to them for this going #1 in Ireland, I guess old habits are hard to break. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    By you, you mean me? Because I haven't watched the concert live actually:D

I am currently watching the concert on DVD and I have to say I'm very pleased how they edited it. I noticed some things that I haven't seen during cinema version like some close ups of the lads and crowd having fun. And they rearranged those video clips very nice.

About the DVD, it hasn't reached no.1 on Amazon this week, but like I said, it was always no.1 for many many weeks on Pre-order chart.

im sorry.. i thought you also got the chance to watch it live..

i see so it has reached number 1 in amazon! i am happy hehe... i really hope it will be number in UK!!!

BY THE WAY IT IS NUMBER 1 IN IRELAND... this week... AS EXPECTED :) hehe
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sadly.. westlife farewell dvd is only number 2 in uk mv charts.....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is still amazing considering they are out of the public eye for a while now and they haven’t promoted it at all.

Coldplay released the DVD concert in the cinema week before the release - this a great promotion, so no wonder they were no.1.

Besides, it is not like this is the first time it happened to Westlife – their Turnaround DVD ended up also at no.2, while Where We Are actually ended at no.3. The most important thing is that the DVD stays high in the chart for many weeks, which I'm sure it will stay there.

This no.2 in the UK and no.1 in Ireland proves that Westlife are still adored by their fans, even when they didn't promote it.

I'm sure they will be in top 5 for many weeks - I wouldn't actually be surprised if they manage to get no.1 in later weeks when Christmas rush starts.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is still amazing considering they are out of the public eye for a while now and they haven’t promoted it at all.

Coldplay released the DVD concert in the cinema week before the release - this a great promotion, so no wonder they were no.1.

Besides, it is not like this is the first time it happened to Westlife – their Turnaround DVD ended up also at no.2, while Where We Are actually ended at no.3. The most important thing is that the DVD stays high in the chart for many weeks, which I'm sure it will stay there.

This no.2 in the UK and no.1 in Ireland proves that Westlife are still adored by their fans, even when they didn't promote it.

I'm sure they will be in top 5 for many weeks - I wouldn't actually be surprised if they manage to get no.1 in later weeks when Christmas rush starts.

i hope so!

do you have any news if the dvd is going to be released outside uk, especially in asia?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, I really don't know... I suggest you ask your online shops if they know something, especially amazon - they always answer as soon as possible:)