Think we'll ever see a horror movie equivalent to Avengers

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 414
Forum Member
In terms of Freddy, Pinhead, Chucky, Jason, Myers etc appear in the same movie together. Seems like a teen horror fanatics' wetdream, but from a financial perspective it would make huge dollars and set up more sequels if they paced it. For instance have 4 horror icons at first, then introduced another two the sequel. Think an R Rated gory version of Monster Squad.

I guess the studios would have to come to some agreement, but most of these instantly recogniseable characters are stuck in limbo. After crap remakes of the likes of Elm Street, Friday and Halloween, these movie have nowhere to go yet have huge fanbases.

Will somebody like Michael Bay (scary thought) see the dollars signs after the money Marvel and some Warner Bros are able to pull in.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aliens v Predator ... Awful.
    Freddy v Jason ... Awful.

Add even More?? Even worse.

The Avengers is a long runing comic book... they are a team. it works.

Freddy, Chucky, Ghostface, Micheal etc in one movie sounds horrible
  • JimothyDJimothyD Posts: 8,868
    Forum Member
    Actually, Avengers...awful.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JimothyD wrote: »
    in your opinion.

In the general audiences and critics opinion, brilliant
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wasn't there a film from the 1950s that has Dracula, The Mummy, the Creature (Frankenstein) and Werewolf together?
    I guess the studios would have to come to some agreement

Not happening. Even if all wants to do it. Trying to create an agreement that would satisfy all copyright holders would take years and it'd be extremely cost prohibitive. The only happy people in this group will be lawyers.
  • Cracker_CakeCracker_Cake Posts: 1,478
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Takae wrote: »
    Wasn't there a film from the 1950s that has Dracula, The Mummy, the Creature (Frankenstein) and Werewolf together?

Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein features Count Dracula, Frankenstein's monster and The Wolf Man.

Stan Helsing had spoofs of Freddy, Jason, Micheal, Leatherface, Pinhead and Chucky.
  • bingbongbingbong Posts: 2,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GoshBagosh wrote: »
    in your opinion.

My opinion as well, the Avengers was a horror film, the critical praise for it,smelt like marine vertebrate that had been left out in the sun.
  • Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,315
    Forum Member
    GoshBagosh wrote: »
    in your opinion.

Yes! Now tow the line, you worthless minion! :rolleyes:

btw - Horror Avengers? Ridiculous idea, but imagine the squabble over who's team leader...

Eww, messy.
  • mialiciousmialicious Posts: 4,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The league of extraordinary gentlemen..it was so bad that sean connery quit afterwards.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 414
    Forum Member
    The League of Extraordinary Gentleman is a different animal though. Different fanbase and simply a poor movie. Saying because it failed a movie featuring a collective of characters would also fail is like saying another superhero movie shouldn't be made because Superman IV was awful.

As for Freddy vs. Jason being awful. I quite liked it and reviews were so so. Made a lot of money though for two dead franchises.
  • mialiciousmialicious Posts: 4,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    L_Roberts wrote: »
    The League of Extraordinary Gentleman is a different animal though. Different fanbase and simply a poor movie. Saying because it failed a movie featuring a collective of characters would also fail is like saying another superhero movie shouldn't be made because Superman IV was awful.

As for Freddy vs. Jason being awful. I quite liked it and reviews were so so. Made a lot of money though for two dead franchises.

I didn't say that another shouldnt be made because TLOEG was so crap.

How about a Marvel movie with this line up..:)
    http://monsterawarenessmonth.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/marvel-premiere-28.jpg
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,195
    Forum Member
    It would be a nightmare because of all the different rights involved. Basically every studio owns one character.
  • stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoyed The League of Extraordinary Gentleman, thought it was very well put together. Surprised it didn't do well. Can't even remember Freddy Vs Jason, so probably never going to happen.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JimothyD wrote: »

Actually Avengers. Brilliant.
  • 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reminds me of Van Helsing and The League of Extraordinary Gentleman in terms of multiple monster on screen at once.

I guess it could work but i can imagine a few of the killers turning on each other, simply wanting to be the one and have no competition for victims.
  • RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    btw - Horror Avengers? Ridiculous idea, but imagine the squabble over who's team leader...

Eric Cartman's Christmas Woodland Critters.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scooby Doo?
  • fhs man 2fhs man 2 Posts: 7,591
    Forum Member
    I would like to see Iron Man, Hulk, Captain America, Thor and Blad. He could teach them how to deal with bad guys. It could be made by Disney's Marvel arm.
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Takae wrote: »
    Well that same team were together for The Monster Squad in the 80s. They were the bad guys though and were stoped by pesky kids.