fearne cotton - the most tallented young woman in the UK

Comments

• Rowan HedgeRowan Hedge Posts: 3,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dodrade wrote: »
    Why are we ridiculing her? Airhead or not she's still managed to carve out a successful career and made more money than most of us will ever have.

Most females have self respect and would not lay on their backs to further their careers like a la muppet.
  • Rowan HedgeRowan Hedge Posts: 3,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ummm, try the surname Cotton.......? :rolleyes:

Bill Cotton like his father had talent, a la moron is just the ignorant runt of a cousin of the late Sir Bill Cotton, so it as you said is down to the surname.
  • SapphicGrrlSapphicGrrl Posts: 3,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bill Cotton like his father had talent, a la moron is just the ignorant runt of a cousin of the late Sir Bill Cotton, so it as you said is down to the surname.
    Yeah, the name Cotton on her CV must have given the BBC a warm fuzzy feeling...... ;):D (That and a couple of silky phone calls to the DG.)
  • Brighton BhelleBrighton Bhelle Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Bill Cotton was her grandfather's cousin, she's not as closely related as you might think. She's got where she has due to the media's propensity for taking on thick as sh*t presenters, with bugger all talent in order to appeal to the 'yoof' market, not because grandad's cuz was Controller of BBC1.
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, the name Cotton on her CV must have given the BBC a warm fuzzy feeling...... ;):D (That and a couple of silky phone calls to the DG.)

Apparently she got hired because she won a talent show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bill Cotton was her grandfather's cousin, she's not as closely related as you might think. She's got where she has due to the media's propensity for taking on thick as sh*t presenters, with bugger all talent in order to appeal to the 'yoof' market, not because grandad's cuz was Controller of BBC1.

I'd wager that her name connection may have been more than a little helpful.
    The industry she works in thrives on nepotism.
  • PitmanPitman Posts: 28,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if she is talented she keeps it well hidden by her convincing impression of a f*ckwit who never stops talking :cool:
  • boksboxboksbox Posts: 4,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tal'shiar wrote: »
    DJ - She speaks between music tracks
    Painter - Anyone can painter
    Drawer - Haha, erm same as above
    Charity Worker - Hardly something to rant and rave about
    Clothes Designer - Which means she was paid to have her name or brand upon someone elses designs
    Writer - Of nothing good, and I can write as well, am I a writer now?
    Philanthropist - Repeating things to pad the box
    Mother - Almost every women on earth will be a mother at some point, hardly impressive.

32 isnt that young, and compared to some other women she has done pretty much nothing. Ada Lovelace had already designed the worlds first computer program and a leading edge in computer theory.

Having seen some of her drawings I'd have to say she's a talented artist which follows on to clothes design.
  • AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    My IQ drops to zero every time that thick as shit muppet opens her mouth, untalented, slightly uglier than Pam and her five sisters, how on earth did that get a career in the media?

Hmmm.....
    Most females have self respect and would not lay on their backs to further their careers like a la muppet.
    Most self respecting people probably wouldn't automatically assume that a female who has made a success of themself in any industry has had to lay on their back to do it.... unless of course you some concrete facts that I don't? (if this is the case I will offer my humble apologies of course).

For the record, to answer the OP, I don't think FC is the most talented young woman in the UK, far from it, but in the balance of fairness, nor do I think she is anywhere near as bad as some on this thread have made out. You could lump any number of TV hosts/ Radio DJ's both male and female into the same mix in terms of actual ability.

She's basically a female Dermot O'Leary.
  • Brighton BhelleBrighton Bhelle Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

And you know this how, exactly? :confused::confused:
  • planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member
    I'm shocked no-one has posted Charlie Brooker's evisceration of her yet.

I may have to do it, here......

it was worth clicking on this thread just to see that, thanks...:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 302
    Forum Member
    I really like Fearne. She is a great clothes designer,I know for a fact that she designs her range. I have quite a few of her designs. She has done really well for herself,good for her I say
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    boksbox wrote: »
    Having seen some of her drawings I'd have to say she's a talented artist which follows on to clothes design.

Have you got any online links to any of her drawings?
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,801
    Forum Member
    What she's done to improve spelling and grammar is fantastic.
    Forum Member
    Have you got any online links to any of her drawings?

i found this
  • SemieroticSemierotic Posts: 11,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    planets wrote: »

:D:D:D
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd wager that her name connection may have been more than a little helpful.
    The industry she works in thrives on nepotism.

It is possible that her family connections helped open some doors for her, but if she wasn't able to do the job they'd have closed again just as quickly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    planets wrote: »

Thanks. Really? You're not joking, that's really one of her pictures?
    I really don't know what to say.:D
    Forum Member
    Thanks. Really? You're not joking, that's really one of her pictures?
    I really don't know what to say.:D

no joke :o

here's another one with Fearne holding it as you can see the style is very similar and the signature is the same....
  • TributeTribute Posts: 820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Those pieces of art are hilarious! A bit like that waxwork museum in one of the seaside towns with the dreadful likenesses.
  • Alien_SaxonAlien_Saxon Posts: 1,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-OatBpJq3E

I think those that are undecided over Fearne, this will help push you over the edge.
  • Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 8,887
    Forum Member
    Let us also not forget THIS from 2010.

On BBC Radio 1 this morning, Fearne Cotton described her surname to Morgan Freeman as " Cotton, as in 'Cotton picking' "

Morgan replied with "My name's Freeman. As in 'no longer picking cotton'."
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ella Nut wrote: »

On BBC Radio 1 this morning, Fearne Cotton described her surname to Morgan Freeman as " Cotton, as in 'Cotton picking' "

Good grief, she must be thick.
    But what a fantastic reply by Morgan Freeman. That's a quote I'll remember.
  • Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    Ella Nut wrote: »

That sounds too perfect. Got a link?
  • Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    pwuz wrote: »
    she is an award winning tv presenter, radio dj, painter, drawer, charity worker, clothes designer, writer, philanthropist, mother, i cant think of anyone young with more skills

Well, at least a piece of furniture is useful. I've got a few things I'd like to put in her.:p