TP Link Access Point - Help

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,368
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi
i currently have a BT HH3 and have a TP link access point connected wirelessly to connect to my sky box, however i need to change the settings on the tp link access point and i cannot get into them,
i have plugged the AP into my computer and typing the ip address just brings up the BT HH settings,

does anyone know how i can get to the settings for the access point?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i called TP Link help line and they told me to disconnect BT HUB from PC and disable wireless network adapter.
    Plug in TP Link AP
    go to network setting, TCP/IP, Properties, Manually enter ip - 192.168.1.100
    then told me to go to web browser, put in 192.168.1.254 but even with the home hub disconnected, even with the wireless disabled, it STILL brought up the home hub settings.

The help line then didnt know what to do, and neither do i frankly.

if anyone has any suggestions please.

Thanks
  • flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    These things are tricky.

If you didn't set it up properly then the TP won't have an IP on your network or it may clash with the hh. I suspect they may both have the same IP.

If it were mine I would just use the reset button on the TP and set it up again from scratch.

When you set it up again give the TP an ip that is not the same as the hh.

Before you do that though as they told you but go in to the home hub settings and see if you can see another IP for the TP.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried the addy 192.168.1.1
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    flagpole wrote: »
    These things are tricky.

If you didn't set it up properly then the TP won't have an IP on your network or it may clash with the hh. I suspect they may both have the same IP.

If it were mine I would just use the reset button on the TP and set it up again from scratch.

When you set it up again give the TP an ip that is not the same as the hh.

Before you do that though as they told you but go in to the home hub settings and see if you can see another IP for the TP.

yeah defo tricky.. it took me all day when i first got it to set it up
    and i would be very reluctant to restart from scratch again.
    i just want to know if dhcp is on or off.

but I'll check your suggestion of checking for another ip.
    thanks
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you tried the addy 192.168.1.1

yip. :(

and 192.168.0.1
  • flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    Dombo wrote: »
    yeah defo tricky.. it took me all day when i first got it to set it up
    and i would be very reluctant to restart from scratch again.
    i just want to know if dhcp is on or off.

but I'll check your suggestion of checking for another ip.
    thanks
    To what end?

I think if you switch off the home hub with the set up you've been testing the address you've been using will work if the TP has dhcp switched on. Though you want it off.
    yip. :(

and 192.168.0.1

It won't be any of those. The default IP of the device is 192.168.1.254, as is, I believe the home hub. So either the TP has another IP on the same subnet issued by dhcp or it's clashed.
  • sy278sy278 Posts: 1,168
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i called TP Link help line and they told me to disconnect BT HUB from PC and disable wireless network adapter.
    Plug in TP Link AP
    go to network setting, TCP/IP, Properties, Manually enter ip - 192.168.1.100
    then told me to go to web browser, put in 192.168.1.254 but even with the home hub disconnected, even with the wireless disabled, it STILL brought up the home hub settings.

The help line then didnt know what to do, and neither do i frankly.

if anyone has any suggestions please.

Thanks[/QUO

Try switching the HH off altogether so that the TP Link disconnects from it and then cant relay the HH settings page.