George Michael Falls Out Of Car

occyoccy Posts: 64,630
Forum Member
✭✭
The Careless Whisper singing George Michael had a near miss being killed on a M1 Motorway after his fell out of his car which was going at 70MPH - then was bouncing down the road.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4935890/george-michael-fell-out-of-car-on-m1.html

He seems to be crashing or falling out of cars. I remember Brian Harvey fell out of his car.

Comments

• grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,343
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So he obviously wasn't wearing his seat belt. So it serves him right. He is so lucky to have survived without losing his skin - as many a motorcyclist will tell you - tarmac v skin - the tarmac ALWAYS wins.

I feel more sorry for all the motorists affected by this.
  • occyoccy Posts: 64,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Car doors just don't always open on there own unless there is a defect?
  • codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    occy wrote: »
    Car doors just don't always open on there own unless there is a defect?

apparently he tried to open and shut it quickly, as it wasnt shut properly.

who does this on a motorway at 70mph without a seat belt?

by rights he should be dead
  • GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    Mmm why that lady pose in that link?

Something about story sounds not right.
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really strange story. George seems to have a bit of a fraught relationship with cars. The bloke is, quite literally, a car crash.

It's pretty miraculous he survived. As mentioned he obviously wasn't wearing a seat belt.
  • ButterfaceButterface Posts: 2,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sloopy wrote: »
    Really strange story. George seems to have a bit of a fraught relationship with cars. The bloke is, quite literally, a car crash.

It's pretty miraculous he survived. As mentioned he obviously wasn't wearing a seat belt.

Agree with every bit of your post.

The whole story is just plain odd. :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,174
    Forum Member
    How the hell does a grown man fall out of a car????? I think George needs to just stay away from cars altogether, he clearly has no idea what to do with them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I could be clutching at straws here but maybe he had a panic attack while driving & tried to get himself out of the car? When he was seriously ill, I remember him saying he felt very panicky and afraid so perhaps that had something to with it?
    At least he's survived- sounded very bad indeed.
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hear a second career as a stuntman calling...

If George can stay on his feet long enough, bless him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    apprently the "door wasnt shut properly" so he opened and (tried) to close it again.
    1. Doesnt an alarm sound if your door is not shut?
    2. Could you easily open a door at 70mph on a motorway?
    3. Do seatbelts snap?
    4. Has any "normal" member of the public ever "fallen out of a car" at 70mph?

Somethings rotton in the state of Denmark me thinks
  • CRMCRM Posts: 11,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not a nice thing to say but it sounds like he threw himself out of the car. Poor George.
  • Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Kathrine, the lady who stopped her car to shield him and phoned an ambulance is very lucky - a lot of people die going to the rescue of others on motorways.

I am struggling to believe this was an accident. I can't even open the door of my Landy at 40mph. If he did jump out of the car, then his actions could have so easily killed several others and for that reason, I really hope he gets the help he needs.
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    4. Has any "normal" member of the public ever "fallen out of a car" at 70mph?

One thing worth remembering is it was a range rover, so he would have been seated quite high up compared to a normal road car. Perhaps he leaned to close the door and just lost his balance and fell out? Although as others have already said, it proves he wasn't wearing a belt.
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,811
    Forum Member
    Would not the wind make openning the door difficult as it would be forcing the door shut?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    i4u wrote: »
    Would not the wind make openning the door difficult as it would be forcing the door shut?

Thats exactly what I thought and as a previous poster has said, sounds like he "jumped":(:confused:
  • Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Years ago a mate of mine bought an ancient old knackered Triumph Spitfire. The passenger door was hanging off and he tied it shut with a bit of string. He gave a girl a lift home from work and the door flew open and nearly fell off. She was lucky not to fall out
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Kathrine, the lady who stopped her car to shield him and phoned an ambulance is very lucky - a lot of people die going to the rescue of others on motorways.

I am struggling to believe this was an accident. I can't even open the door of my Landy at 40mph. If he did jump out of the car, then his actions could have so easily killed several others and for that reason, I really hope he gets the help he needs.

It does sound very iffy, doesn't it? If he was stoned = disorientated, then that could account for him opening the door. George has too much erratic behaviour history, the majority of it generated by weed/drugs, so it's reasonable to think that has again played a part here. Also, if he was stoned, and not really knowing what he was doing, that could account for him not bracing himself when he hit the ground, making the impact less than it might have been since he just seems to have suffered cuts and bruises rather than more serious injuries.
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must admit that drugs was the first thought that entered my head.
  • Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    It does sound very iffy, doesn't it? If he was stoned = disorientated, then that could account for him opening the door. George has too much erratic behaviour history, the majority of it generated by weed/drugs, so it's reasonable to think that has again played a part here. Also, if he was stoned, and not really knowing what he was doing, that could account for him not bracing himself when he hit the ground, making the impact less than it might have been since he just seems to have suffered cuts and bruises rather than more serious injuries.

Yes indeed, my dad got hit my a car aged 17 while absolutely p*ssed after drinking Scrumpy all evening on holiday.The doctor told him being drunk may have saved his life because his reflexes were like jelly and be bounced rather than smashed. That's a very good theory as to why GM wasn't completely totalled.

Of course it could have been a bizarre accident a la Brian Harvey - but given GM's history, I'm sadly inclined not to think so.
  • BluejuBlueju Posts: 773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think we ever get the full story regards George Michael and the bizarre episodes relating to him. He could have been responsible for a massive pile up with this action let alone killed himself.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The car was going too fast, love.
  • up to the vocalup to the vocal Posts: 2,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wonder if he saw that 'White Light' again:rolleyes::confused:
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wonder if he saw that 'White Light' again:rolleyes::confused:

...Most likely after a sesh with the 'White Powder'!!!

Seriously, this could have been so much worse, involving so many more people. Part of me hopes it was just a stupid, random 'freak' accident because if he did it while 'tripping out' or having a tantrum I'd lose a lot of the sympathy I have had for him, until now.
  • LucaLuca Posts: 1,646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Suicide attempt?
  • Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still don't see why he wasn't more seriously injured or even killed if the car was actually going 70 mph and he fell out even if he was on drugs. And I also think if the door was actually not shut, an alarm or notification would go off or flash which the driver would notice.