Cineworld Unlimited Premium.

Comments

• ZapomaticZapomatic Posts: 705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Happy birthday for tomorrow. :D

I hope you get your cheap drink. Something at the O2 in Greenwich seems off with the drinks.

Cineworld at the O2 seem dodgy generally! Recently refused my discount in the bar there, with the barman giving the excuse that it's Sky branded. Which is a load of nonsense as admitted by customer services who sent me a £10 gift voucher when I complained!
  • nessyfencernessyfencer Posts: 9,195
    Forum Member
    I got my new card this week. Shame there's nothing worth watching :(

5 films on down the beach - 3 of them are Bollywood, 1 is something to do with vampires and I have no interest in seeing James Bond.
  • Octopus_PrimeOctopus_Prime Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't get an email, I actually just received the upgrade via the post. There's a bit of irony in the 3D movie bit as I cannot see the that damn thing, lol, due to lack of vision in one eye.

I suppose I may cut ally purchase some grub while being there with the 25% off.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 103
    Forum Member
    Online advance booking has now been switched on for everyone. You can book by logging in to MyCineworld, and you can book tickets for you and other folk just by putting in their Unlimited Card number. About bloody time.
  • GARETH197901GARETH197901 Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PaulM1983 wrote: »
    Online advance booking has now been switched on for everyone. You can book by logging in to MyCineworld, and you can book tickets for you and other folk just by putting in their Unlimited Card number. About bloody time.

only one online booking allowed until the booked film has been seen
  • Simone17Simone17 Posts: 944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Got mine in the post on Monday. I had no idea it meant 25% off food and drink and no longer paying the extra for 3D, so I was quite happy.:D
  • whatsername235whatsername235 Posts: 360
    Forum Member
    Zapomatic wrote: »
    Cineworld at the O2 seem dodgy generally! Recently refused my discount in the bar there, with the barman giving the excuse that it's Sky branded. Which is a load of nonsense as admitted by customer services who sent me a £10 gift voucher when I complained!

So Cineworld DO take complaints?! Good grief, I've been trying to make a complaint about them for weeks which ultimately ended with me having to cancel my membership after 8 years with them as their ridiculously incompetent staff can't update an address which is apparently the customer's fault :cool:

Out of interest, do you remember where you made the complaint to? Might be my next port of call....
  • MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So Cineworld DO take complaints?! Good grief, I've been trying to make a complaint about them for weeks which ultimately ended with me having to cancel my membership after 8 years with them as their ridiculously incompetent staff can't update an address which is apparently the customer's fault :cool:

Out of interest, do you remember where you made the complaint to? Might be my next port of call....

All big companies take complaints. Not sure why Cineworld is any different?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

https://www.cineworld.co.uk/contact
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the link, tried that....called to complain and was told to email them again. Part of my complain was the 15 day response time via email. It has now been 23 days since I sent my second complaint email, 2 weeks since my third and when I phoned also 2 weeks ago I was told there was no complaints process against their staff as it was my fault they updated their systems incorrectly. Their supervisor David 'no-last-name-or-reference' categorically told me they don't take over the phone complaints. I can only presume this is due to the fact they blame the customer for their short comings instead of dealing with problems. Possibly time to cut my losses.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,440
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the link, tried that....called to complain and was told to email them again. Part of my complain was the 15 day response time via email. It has now been 23 days since I sent my second complaint email, 2 weeks since my third and when I phoned also 2 weeks ago I was told there was no complaints process against their staff as it was my fault they updated their systems incorrectly. Their supervisor David 'no-last-name-or-reference' categorically told me they don't take over the phone complaints. I can only presume this is due to the fact they blame the customer for their short comings instead of dealing with problems. Possibly time to cut my losses.

Rather than phone or email you could do a snail mail to their head office

Cineworld Cinemas Head Office
    Power Road Studios
    Power Road
    Chiswick
    London W4 5PY
    United Kingdom

You may also find some information on the actual company website

http://www.cineworldplc.com/

On that website they even give you the name and pictures of the company board. If you want to write to the head honcho then you need Anthony Herbert Bloom who is the Chairman of the board.

Don't forget to mention that the customer services department for unlimted is shit as well. :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I got a reply within the 5 working days they state online, but I noticed they're now saying because of Skyfall they're getting more email enquiries than they can cope with.
    Forum Member
    Thanks Cunningham1471, might give that a go. It was the unlimited line I was on to so I'll make it clear in my fourth complaint how shit they are!
    Zapomatic wrote: »
    I got a reply within the 5 working days they state online, but I noticed they're now saying because of Skyfall they're getting more email enquiries than they can cope with.

Yeah, I imagine your email was an enquiry. It seems it's just complaints they don't respond to. It's much easier to just bury their heads in the sand it seems!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks Cunningham1471, might give that a go. It was the unlimited line I was on to so I'll make it clear in my fourth complaint how shit they are!

Yeah, I imagine your email was an enquiry. It seems it's just complaints they don't respond to. It's much easier to just bury their heads in the sand it seems!

I actually had 2 complaints on the go at once but they rolled the final response into one email! First complaint was about prominent black marks on screen 1 at Shaftesbury Avenue (initially they said that the manager wasn't aware of this, despite myself and others complaining to the duty manager in person several times). Second was about lack of discount at the bar at the O2. The outcome was £10 in gift vouchers, and a clean screen.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 132
    Forum Member
    Happy birthday for tomorrow. :D

I hope you get your cheap drink. Something at the O2 in Greenwich seems off with the drinks.

Now that you mention it, the same thing happened to me and a friend when we went to the O2 Cineworld a few weeks ago - we ordered postmix fizzy drinks, but they were completely flat. Took them back for a refund, and they acknowledged that the gas canister had probably run dry.

So I don't think it's foul play - just bad timing. Those gas canisters last quite a while (I used to work in food retail, so I know firsthand), but when fizzy drinks are one of your two most-ordered products, they're bound to run out more regularly than, say, in a bar where there are many other drink options.
  • amos_brearleyamos_brearley Posts: 8,496
    Forum Member
    only one online booking allowed until the booked film has been seen

I just noticed this today and assumed it was to stop you booking showings at the same time and handing out your tickets, but it really is only one booking at once, so I can't book for a film tomorrow and also book for one next week. At least, I can't until the time of the first booking has passed. I regularly go and watch two or three films in a day but this renders the booking a nonsense as I'll still have to queue for the second and third films, or else use my phone in between screenings if there's a queue! I know I shouldn't be ungrateful but they really do make it irritating being an Unlimited card holder at times!
  • GARETH197901GARETH197901 Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just noticed this today and assumed it was to stop you booking showings at the same time and handing out your tickets, but it really is only one booking at once, so I can't book for a film tomorrow and also book for one next week. At least, I can't until the time of the first booking has passed. I regularly go and watch two or three films in a day but this renders the booking a nonsense as I'll still have to queue for the second and third films, or else use my phone in between screenings if there's a queue! I know I shouldn't be ungrateful but they really do make it irritating being an Unlimited card holder at times!

When you book online,it then stops you from booking online until after the showing has finished,it doesnt stop you going to the cinema and watching whatever you want in between

The reason behind the one booking at a time is they dont want unlimited holders booking 4 or 5 films at a time then not showing up
  • MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I don't think that people handing out tickets is their main worry as the card has to be shown on the way in. I think the main reason is that people could book tickets for lots of films and not turn up. Yes they have the 20 mins thing but on a film like James Bond which sold out as much as an hour early in my local allowing all unlimited holders to book tickets for Bond and lots of other films at the same time would have distorted their tickets available figure.
  • amos_brearleyamos_brearley Posts: 8,496
    Forum Member
    When you book online,it then stops you from booking online until after the showing has finished,it doesnt stop you going to the cinema and watching whatever you want in between

The reason behind the one booking at a time is they dont want unlimited holders booking 4 or 5 films at a time then not showing up

I didn't say it *did* stop you going to see other films in between, but if I'm queueing to do that, then I might as well get all my tickets at once! I suppose it's only useful for booking a showing I think might be busy or sold out. I appreciate that Unlimited card holders could just book up loads of tickets, but surely there could be a way of actually dealing with that issue rather than blanket banning multiple bookings completely?

It does say that unclaimed unlimited bookings will be put back into the pool if they're not claimed 20 minutes before the film starts which partly deals with that issue, but that also now means if I'm running late to the cinema or there's a huge queue to claim them, I will lose my bloody tickets, something which I'm sure doesn't happen to regular buyers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My computer crashed during booking a film this afternoon so tried to get a ticket normally at the counter. It was rejected so a manager had to come and override the till. I was strangely amused that the ticket issued said "Admit: UnFail".
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,440
    Forum Member
    I didn't say it *did* stop you going to see other films in between, but if I'm queueing to do that, then I might as well get all my tickets at once! I suppose it's only useful for booking a showing I think might be busy or sold out. I appreciate that Unlimited card holders could just book up loads of tickets, but surely there could be a way of actually dealing with that issue rather than blanket banning multiple bookings completely?

It does say that unclaimed unlimited bookings will be put back into the pool if they're not claimed 20 minutes before the film starts which partly deals with that issue, but that also now means if I'm running late to the cinema or there's a huge queue to claim them, I will lose my bloody tickets, something which I'm sure doesn't happen to regular buyers.

I think it depends on the cinema and the member of staff. I've switched now to one that is nearer to me, but the one I used to go too would sometimes let me get multiple tickets, even for shows not being screened that day which was handy. I could stock up on either a few for the day or one for each day of the week I was coming in one go.

I say sometimes because it would really depend on the member of staff. Some would say no they can't, following the ruling. Other's didn't know they could do that until I told them. They thought it wouldn't work when trying to go through the system and some would just issue me wahta I wanted and didn't give a toss.

I do think it may also be that because I would usually go to the first screening of the day midweek and not evenings or weekends they knew that the cinema as 90% empty anyway so I wasn't excatly stopping anyone else getting a seat.
  • Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brb wrote: »
    Got my new card today too! Although my start date is incorrect (I know this because I remember getting my unlimited card in my first year of uni when I lived in the Halls of residence, but the date on the card meant I would have lived in my current flat then, which just isn't true xD!)

Yeah my card is saying I've been a member since July last year, but I've been a member since 2009. Not that I'm bothered.
    I think it depends on the cinema and the member of staff. I've switched now to one that is nearer to me, but the one I used to go too would sometimes let me get multiple tickets, even for shows not being screened that day which was handy. I could stock up on either a few for the day or one for each day of the week I was coming in one go.

My cinema in the last few months have actually started asking Unlimited card holders when booking if they want to see something else that day too :D Means I don't feel embarrassed anymore when booking 4 or 5 films for the one day :p
  • PhoenixRisesPhoenixRises Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Red Arrow wrote: »
    My cinema in the last few months have actually started asking Unlimited card holders when booking if they want to see something else that day too :D Means I don't feel embarrassed anymore when booking 4 or 5 films for the one day :p

That is good, as I used to get some funny looks when I would book a few films straight after one another, from customer and staff alike. So it is good the staff are getting used to this behaviour.

Recently I haven't been able to do this as there are either not enough good films being released or they seem to be moving all films to a 9 o' clock showing and filling the screens with one or two films all day - slightly disappointing for me personally but I am sure others are enjoying the other films :)
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Red Arrow wrote: »
    Yeah my card is saying I've been a member since July last year, but I've been a member since 2009. Not that I'm bothered.

4/5 films...in one day.:eek:..are you very pale looking, can't be good for you.;)
  • Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stansfield wrote: »
    4/5 films...in one day.:eek:..are you very pale looking, can't be good for you.;)

I don't do it often. But when there is a good run of films on and it's a horrible Sunday instead of sitting in the house watching TV a couple of us go to the cinema for the day.

I'm sure I'm not the only one in this thread who does it. :p