Little Mix Discussion Thread - singles & upcoming debut album (Part 5)

Comments

• LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    HYD is my favourite song on DNA, I didn't think they could improve on it BUT THE NEW VERSION IS SO PERFECT. Jade's part is my fave. I can't wait to see the video now.
    Forum Member
    ^^ He speaks!

Wings on iTunes during US radio tour (midnight Eastern time)

Mar. 16 #152
    Mar. 17 #154
    Mar. 18 #157
    Mar. 19 #154
    Mar. 20 #146 (4 AM)
    Mar. 21 #138
    Mar. 22 #140 (3 AM)
    Mar. 23 #130
    Mar. 24 #124
    Mar. 25 #123
    Mar. 26 #147

Quite a drop there.

It dropped all the way to #159 but it's re-rising :D, it's at #154 now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but Z100 New York have added Wings to their playlist :D:D. We should see a lot of the smaller stations copying Z100 and adding Wings to their playlist next week. I hope KIIS add Wings to their playlist soon.
    Forum Member
    Stally wrote: »
    I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but Z100 New York have added Wings to their playlist :D:D. We should see a lot of the smaller stations copying Z100 and adding Wings to their playlist next week. I hope KIIS add Wings to their playlist soon.

Yay! I hope (when they get playlisted by KIIS ;)) that they get an interview with Ryan Seacrest.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wings got 13 adds yesterday btw :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yay! I hope (when they get playlisted by KIIS ;)) that they get an interview with Ryan Seacrest.

I hope they do too :)
  • 19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha I went back to sleep after I heard it :D

Anyway I am glad its now being released on 5 May as 14 April was far to early seeing its only 3 weeks away.

I wonder when they will show us the single artwork? :)

Just going to listen to it again now :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    6th May

http://www.buzzjack.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=151650&pid=4256040&st=0&#entry4256040

Gabrielle Aplin – Panic Cord
    Hot Natured – Reverse Skydiving
    Jai McDowall – Got To Let Go
    Jamie N Commons - Rumble And Sway
    Naughty Boy ft. Sam Smith – La La La
    Primal Scream - Its Alright, Its OK
    Sub Focus – Endorphins
    Swim Deep – She Changes The Weather
    Valerie June – Wanna Be On Your Mind

Quiet Week! The week before is also quiet.

So unless something random like (Ant and Dec) happens that week then I think if the public like this it could go top 5? :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,671
    Forum Member
    Saw this on PJ forum:
    The only thing that grates on me is the repeated male "woo" and "uhs" near the end.
    it was alright when they were restricted to the middle-8 of the album version but all over the final chorus, it sounded messy to me.

I didn't notice the difference of this between the two versions, but after hearing back the album version, the new production on the last chorus does sound a bit messy. I think this is the only thing I prefer from the original version.
    Forum Member
    1992 wrote: »

So unless something random like (Ant and Dec) happens that week then I think if the public like this it could go top 5? :)

What's about Ant and Dec? Are they releasing music? :confused:

5 May is about 5 weeks away so I think there's enough time to build up hype and stuff. One thing I want them to get right though is the cover artwork! I hope it's some stills from the video shoot (we wished this for DNA but never happened).

Are there any big TV shows they can perform in May?

Edit: I'm hoping a top 5 too! But realistically I think a top 10 is the best bet. What if it goes #1 though! :eek: (dreaming too much :p)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nooneoo wrote: »

5 May is about 5 weeks away so I think there's enough time to build up hype and stuff. One thing I want them to get right though is the cover artwork! I hope it's some stills from the video shoot (we wished this for DNA but never happened).

Edit: I'm hoping a top 5 too! But realistically I think a top 10 is the best bet. What if it goes #1 though! :eek: (dreaming too much :p)

Ant and Dec are #1 on iTunes right now because they sang their old 1994 song Lets Get Ready To Rhumble on Sat Night Takeaway and the public loved it Lol! :D

Can I just say I LOVE LOVE LOVE the added mini verse and the sorry we dont mean to rude verse. I love the rap aswell!!.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also I loved how one of the first comment's Nick read out after the song was finished was some guy saying would it be wrong if I use this as my voicemail mesage! hahaha :D
  • ll_Calypso_llll_Calypso_ll Posts: 4,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1992 wrote: »

I could actually see Sub Focus going top 5, as well as Gabrielle Aplin at a push.

Not new music, no, but their 1994 song (credited under PJ and Duncan) is currently #1 on iTunes because of Saturday Night Takeaway. :D

Re HYD: I love the single version! I'm just so glad it's significantly different to the original, should ensure a decent peak!

EDIT: Woops, beaten. :p
    Forum Member
    Not new music, no, but their 1994 song (credited under PJ and Duncan) is currently #1 on iTunes because of Saturday Night Takeaway. :D

Oh I didn't PJ and Duncan were Ant and Dec haha I thought they were someone else.
    I could actually see Sub Focus going top 5, as well as Gabrielle Aplin at a push.
    I'm not sure about Sub Focus but isn't Gabrielle releasing her album on 29th April? So her new song would be a post-album single if it's released a week later as everyone will have bought the album or cherry picked the song already.

Edit: just checked Buzzjack it says Gab's album is out on 13th May.. so never mind what I just said.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I Think its to early for the BGT Live Shows as they are usually end of May.

The only one maybe is The Voice but it seems they hate X Factor lol so I doubt they will let former X Factor Winners peform on it! :D

But they let Cheryl Cole perform on it an ex XF judge so you never know? I hope they do :)

On Radio1 Leigh and Jesy sad they are back in the UK in 8 days.
  • OMGItsAnnieOMGItsAnnie Posts: 2,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think everyone's underestimating how well HYD is going to do in the charts, number 1 for sure, depends what promo they have.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 312
    Forum Member
    Stally wrote: »

:eek: UNBELIEVABLE:eek:

For those of you who are unaware, Z100 New York is one of the two biggest radio markets in the US. Together with KISS LA it can make or break a song.

This is fantastic news. This automatically guarantees that Wings will chart in at least the Top 25 if the trajectory is maintained.

Z100 NY is like a Russian doll. It comes with little smaller radio stations attached, which will follow suit and add Wings to their playlist. Mixers should be very pleased/excited about this news.
  • casualviewercasualviewer Posts: 31,445
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm surprised Z100 didnt have it on the playlist already since they were hosting LM so much that first week.
    On Radio1 Leigh and Jesy sad they are back in the UK in 8 days.

8 days from now is April 4 and thats when the LittleMixMe event is supposed to take place in LA, along with the KIIS 102.7 JoJo Wright interview, so I think they were off. Unless it all fell through.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QSyGeTkpjI

The last part is messy.
    Forum Member
    I think everyone's underestimating how well HYD is going to do in the charts, number 1 for sure, depends what promo they have.

I certainly hope it can be another #1 hit for the girls but I don't want to overestimate things only to get disappointed :( But if they do manage to get a #1 with this that would be a huge pleasant surprise to me!

The good thing for now is that both Capital and R1 seem to be on board with this and the video is apparently amazing (even Simon approved lol). Many people seem to (much) prefer the single mix as well which would only help.

I think maybe a top 3 isn't too wishful thinking afterall :D
    I'm more into the sales though, I hope they can clear the 50k mark in the first week of release (or am I asking too much? :o)
    Forum Member
    8 days from now is April 4 and thats when the LittleMixMe event is supposed to take place in LA, along with the KIIS 102.7 JoJo Wright interview, so I think they were off. Unless it all fell through.

Maybe they are coming back right after those events? Or maybe they mean the 5th.
    Forum Member
    DwMhB123 wrote: »
    :eek: UNBELIEVABLE:eek:

For those of you who are unaware, Z100 New York is one of the two biggest radio markets in the US. Together with KISS LA it can make or break a song.

This is fantastic news. This automatically guarantees that Wings will chart in at least the Top 25 if the trajectory is maintained.

Z100 NY is like a Russian doll. It comes with little smaller radio stations attached, which will follow suit and add Wings to their playlist. Mixers should be very pleased/excited about this news.

Now you are making me very excited :D Hopefully the song takes off before the album drops. (is that usually the case?)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just hope KIIS adds Wings soon as that will mean Wings will most likely be a hit on Pop radio. Also most of the songs at the top of pop radio seem to be old songs and there getting fewer spins now so hopefully that will help Wings to chart higher.
  • OMGItsAnnieOMGItsAnnie Posts: 2,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope the video premieres soon, if its better than the wings video asdjkl
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to predict Radio 1 will C List HYD next Wednesday. :)

1. How Ya Doin' ft Missy Elliot
    2. DNA
    3. Wings
    4. Change Your Life
    5. Cannonball.

We have a new #1! :D
  • aldualdu Posts: 2,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. The single mix is different enough from the album version not only with Missy's rap but all the reworked bits as well so this should ensure a good peak in the release week.

2. I love how Missy included her and LM's name during her rap! :D

I love this version. It is billion times better.
    The original is quite empty and too formal plus the block harmonies don't do it for me.
This discussion has been closed.