The Daily Pwice

Comments

• Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fizgig wrote: »
    It is a condition that causes gene malformations, but that doesn't make it neccessarily genetic

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2987262/

That's not really a journal for the layman as it's pretty technical.

And it doesn't say that it might be caused by drugs and drink either.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Again I'm not getting into a debate.. I'm mearly pointing out Harveys condition is genetic and has been well documented as so .. Attacking a mother by using her child's disabilities is cheap and IMO unacceptable..

I'm not attacking anyone.
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not attacking anyone, I'm going out of my way to not quote the actual relevant part of that report, that would negate what you're saying.

Sorry FizGig
    I don't think you were attacking me or anyone else.. I'm just saying in Harvey's case it has been well documented about his condition. Others have used his condition to have a dig at his mother
  • jannajanna Posts: 7,323
    Forum Member
    Harvey's condition & the reasons for it are not the point at present. He has his problems & is being dealt with accordingly & we all have our own theories on it.
    This new child is still in the womb & vulnerable, therefore one would think that a mother who already has a disabled child (whatever the cause of his disability) would take extra precautions to ensure the well-being of the new life she is carrying within her. Riding huge horses & jumping over fences is irresponsible & selfish ,but then we ARE talking KP,so her wants take priority of all else.What Pwicey wants etc.....
  • ValentinaVargasValentinaVargas Posts: 673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Harvey's disabilities are GENETIC .. A mother with a child with disabilities often feels guilty enough with out such mean comments said to them.. And yes I have personal experience of people saying that type of thing about a disabled childs mother

Harvey Price who has septo-optic dysplasia, which causes blindness and growth hormone deficiency; Prader-Willi syndrome, a genetic disorder that means he is likely to eat to excess and is prone to obesity and diabetes; as well as ADHD and autism.

I do believe that he has recently been diagnosed with more disorders.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The days a woman has to be sat in bed 24/7 as soon as she gets pregnant are over.. .. If a doctor has given permission to do certain things then that should be enough..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Harvey Price who has septo-optic dysplasia, which causes blindness and growth hormone deficiency; Prader-Willi syndrome, a genetic disorder that means he is likely to eat to excess and is prone to obesity and diabetes; as well as ADHD and autism.

I do believe that he has recently been diagnosed with more disorders.

From what I've read he has been given new meds as well for his new diagnosis and it's affecting his sleeping
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's what you get when you treat people like shite on the way up. And then continue to do it on your way down. Live by the sword and all that.

^^^
    This!
  • Goldbear86Goldbear86 Posts: 1,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because Harvey's condition is NOTHING to do with anything but genetics?. Blaming a mother for a child's disabilities are disgusting..

I'm not blaming Jordan. I'm pointing out her behaviour may have contributed. She was selfish in that pregnancy. That's a fact.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The days a woman has to be sat in bed 24/7 as soon as she gets pregnant are over.. .. If a doctor has given permission to do certain things then that should be enough..

I don't believe any doctor would recommend show jumping in pregnancy. Mines certainly didn't.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    janna wrote: »
    Harvey's condition & the reasons for it are not the point at present. He has his problems & is being dealt with accordingly & we all have our own theories on it.
    This new child is still in the womb & vulnerable, therefore one would think that a mother who already has a disabled child (whatever the cause of his disability) would take extra precautions to ensure the well-being of the new life she is carrying within her. Riding huge horses & jumping over fences is irresponsible & selfish ,but then we ARE talking KP,so her wants take priority of all else.What Pwicey wants etc.....

Exactly.

But this is Jordan we are talking about. She has hardly shown responsibility in her previous pregnancies. Why would she start now?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goldbear86 wrote: »
    Exactly.

But this is Jordan we are talking about. She has hardly shown responsibility in her previous pregnancies. Why would she start now?

But this is KP and we all know nobody messes with the Pwicey! ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Exactly.

Why.. What did she do during her pregnancies with. Junior and Princess that caused you to be concerned?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 368
    Forum Member
    Leigh's tweeted this from Keith's twitter -

@lemontwittor: just read on @TheSunNewspaper I've banned Katie Price from appearing on Celebrity Juice? Not true. I DON"T BOOK THE GUESTS!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why.. What did she do during her pregnancies with. Junior and Princess that caused you to be concerned?

You know exactly what I'm referring to. That and being pictured slumped at a table on Mothers Day drunk when she was pregnant before she miscarried (if I have that right? ) was hardly the act of a responsible mother to be. But as SaltyDog says "what Pwicey wants. She gets";)
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I suspect that no doctor would give a pregnant woman the OK to take part in showjumping competitions. It was probably more a case of the doctor saying that she was OK to ride, but there's a world of difference between riding and showjumping.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johartuk wrote: »
    I suspect that no doctor would give a pregnant woman the OK to take part in showjumping competitions. It was probably more a case of the doctor saying that she was OK to ride, but there's a world of difference between riding and showjumping.

Some doctors will say its ok for riding, some will not recommend it. I horse ride. When I was pregnant my doctor said I could do some horse riding. Flat work only. I love show jumping but I was not allowed to jump whilst pregnant. I don't believe for a second any doctor would recommend show jumping whilst pregnant as aside from the fact it's riskier, it's very different to that of normal riding and your position is different.

Even the women I know that do ride whilst pregnant, even they won't jump when they are expecting.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You know exactly what I'm referring to. That and being pictured slumped at a table on Mothers Day drunk when she was pregnant before she miscarried (if I have that right? ) was hardly the act of a responsible mother to be. But as SaltyDog says "what Pwicey wants. She gets";)

Yes there was a picture.. But how do you know she was drunk? Also she may not of known she was pregnant at the time .. No I'm not making excuses before I get accused of it.. .. But that doesn't answer what I asked does it.. What about when she was having the others.. Did you see anything you didn't approve of ..apart from some awful clothes
    And sorry I don't know what you are referring to honestly
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    johartuk wrote: »

Yes a gynocologist would give his/her advice when a patient asks about a certain event. I've read on a site a lady who did show jumping up to 7 months pregnant .. She stopped because it became uncomfortable ..and plenty of others said they continued to do so (baby centre website)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes there was a picture.. But how do you know she was drunk? Also she may not of known she was pregnant at the time .. No I'm not making excuses before I get accused of it.. .. But that doesn't answer what I asked does it.. What about when she was having the others.. Did you see anything you didn't approve of ..apart from some awful clothes

I have answered what you asked. I'm not talking about those pregnancies was and still is my answer.:)

Oh and the picture where she is lying with her head on the table at 6 am? She looked pretty out of it to me. It was reported that she was drinking and she never sued (to my knowledge)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes a gynocologist would give his/her advice when a patient asks about a certain event. I've read on a site a lady who did show jumping up to 7 months pregnant .. She stopped because it became uncomfortable ..and plenty of others said they continued to do so (baby centre website)

Doesn't mean it's advisable, and do you have a link to this website?

What if their horses had bolted? It can and does happen, so why tempt fate?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm quite curious to see this too. The site I found that is referred to someone riding up to 7 months, the poster says she did no jumping or galloping. Happy to be proven corrected on this of course.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm quite curious to see this too. The site I found that is referred to someone riding up to 7 months, the poster says she did no jumping or galloping. Happy to be proven corrected on this of course.

Sorry I'm useless at linking but here is plenty of others who posted they carried on riding horses etc on there isn't there?.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The website is babycenter.com I'm sorry I'm useless at links .. I have no opinion either way when it comes to this matter..except to say she says she asked doctors advice and he said it was ok and that's ok by me ..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry I'm useless at linking but here is plenty of others who posted they carried on riding horses etc on there isn't there?.

Not that hard to link Betty. :D
    I think a pregnant equestrian needs to take every precaution and listen to her body. When it starts to feel at all uncomfortable, it's time to stop. I knew I would never forgive myself is something happened while riding and caused a probem with my pregnancy or baby. In my opinion...it's not worth the risk!
    http://www.babycenter.com/406_is-it-safe-to-ride-horseback-during-pregnancy_1246863.bc

Note the BiB - 'not worth the risk'!
This discussion has been closed.