Justin Timberlake - Mirrors

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,488
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Wasnt too sure on this song before but he gave an astonishing performance of it at the BRIT's.

It's shot up to number 6 on iTunes, from number 30 before he performed an hour or so ago.

Comments

• KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The recorded version isn't as good as the live version imo.
  • glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    This is a million times better than Suit and Tie. I am official excited about the album. He looked and performed amazing on the Brits too :D Great to see him with the beard shaved off for a change :p
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah I didn't like the song until that performance.
  • GilashGilash Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    I loved his performance on The Brits. Good song.
  • 19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is it 8 minutes long on iTunes and Amazon?!

I was going to buy it but I wont if its 8 mins long. Is their not a radio edit or something?
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was a top performance at the Brits! I'm not too struck on the song but Justin has still got it, especially his voice which sounds just the same as 8 years ago!
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    The beginning bit almost sounds like 'Dear Mr President' by Pink....anyway...I love it and I love him!
  • PCRosePCRose Posts: 502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loved his performance last night at the Brits.:D

I watched the Grammys and he was great there too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    this is my fave song at the moment, loved his Brits performance, looking for to the album
  • topgooner100topgooner100 Posts: 2,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great song only heard it for first time Last night loved the performance Agree loved the live better but still like the recorded version love how he has long songs and not just 3/4 mins :)

Glad JTs back :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mirrors has overtaken One Direction on the iTunes chart and gone to number one :O

Won't beat them in the official chart of course but very impressive all the same!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 966
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lulz77 wrote: »
    Mirrors has overtaken One Direction on the iTunes chart and gone to number one :O

Won't beat them in the official chart of course but very impressive all the same!

Sshhhh... let me dream :sleep: zzzZ
  • PCRosePCRose Posts: 502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fantastic performance and a really good tune too. Nice to see it at 1 on iTunes.:D
  • umr3000umr3000 Posts: 1,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally I think.... 'Mirrors' is a good song but not great, definitely better than 'Suit & Tie' though. JT's Brits performance was cool but nothing wow...... maybe my expectations of JT musically and performance wise are so high that I feel slightly underwhelmed so far by this so-called 'comeback' of his.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone know why all uploads of the Brits performance have been taken down? It's really annoying! I've paid for the studio version but would like to also be able to listen to the Brits performance because, annoyingly, it's better. Very frustrating.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bloody hell, they've even taken the whole ceremony off ITV Player.
  • georgebarnesgeorgebarnes Posts: 403
    Forum Member
    Why??!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why??!!

Copyright I imagine. Same reason every clip of JT performing there has been taken down online. I really don't see why though. People always upload clips of singers performing on TV shows/at award ceremonies, etc, so why is this so different? Usually I wouldn't care but its just so frustrating when the BRIT performance is better than the studio version but we can't listen to it again.
  • big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    I quite like Suit & Tie, but this is certainly a better offering. Having said that, neither track is a patch on his previous work. It's lucky that he's managed to stay 'relevant', or I'd imagine this comeback would be a complete disaster.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Number 4 in the chart. Very impressive considering he only performed it 4 days ago and it's had no other promotion really.
  • konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    Not quite a 'Someone Like You' Brits performance sales response but pretty impressive all the same. It's an excellent song. I'm glad he's back on the music scene (although I think he gave a good acting performance in Social Network).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i didnt really enjoy his performance at the Brits but the song is quite good, i just feel he should have come back after his LONG return with something different then relying on Timbaland to produce his tracks again and trying to do Cry Me A River part 2, thats what i feel like his main focus has been...:/
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm confused!??

I thought this was a free track if you pre order the album!?

Is it actually a single now or what....????
    HELP!!!!? :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Musick1 wrote: »
    I'm confused!??

I thought this was a free track if you pre order the album!?

Is it actually a single now or what....????
    HELP!!!!? :)

Its free if you preorder the album or can be bought individually as a separate track from the album. Not an 'official release' I guess.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 260
    Forum Member
    Another live performance here on a German show