Sending a mobile phone

Rossby41Rossby41 Posts: 955
Forum Member
✭✭
Basically I've got a new phone, and it doesn't seem to recognize the sim card. Rung up Tesco, went through all the usual stuff. Anyway that are sending me a bag, and I've got to post it to them. What would be the best/safest royal mail way of sending it to them?

Comments

• alan1302alan1302 Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member
    Rossby41 wrote: »
    Basically I've got a new phone, and it doesn't seem to recognize the sim card. Rung up Tesco, went through all the usual stuff. Anyway that are sending me a bag, and I've got to post it to them. What would be the best/safest royal mail way of sending it to them?

Royal Mail Special Delivery - guaranteed next day and fully insured. Just make sure you tell Post Office value of the phone you are sending.
  • Mr DangerousMr Dangerous Posts: 902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Or if you don't trust the post office you can contact your local courier company and they bung it on the overnight service, might cost a bit more. Most courier companies has an overnight facility.
  • alan1302alan1302 Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member
    Or if you don't trust the post office you can contact your local courier company and they bung it on the overnight service, might cost a bit more. Most courier companies has an overnight facility.

Not worth paying anymore IMHO - Royal Mail are as good as anyone else.
  • enapaceenapace Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alan1302 wrote: »
    Royal Mail Special Delivery - guaranteed next day and fully insured. Just make sure you tell Post Office value of the phone you are sending.

Not always true I recently sent something from Cheshire to Birmingham I had it done at post office at 10:30AM [On a Monday] and it didn't arrive at friends house in Birmingham till the Wednesday morning. Before you say they hadn't tried deliver on Tuesday as he was in all day and no card was through door.
    alan1302 wrote: »
    Not worth paying anymore IMHO - Royal Mail are as good as anyone else.

Very true if you sending anything in UK then royal mail is fine apart from the one time I detailed above it has been excellent service. If you ever want reliable international delivery don't go with royal mail though.

Would suggest to anyone to never use Yodel they are the worst delivery company in UK never had anything but extreme trouble from them.
  • gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,507
    Forum Member
    Tesco include instructions with the return bag explaining exactly what you need to do. Follow that to the letter and you are covered.
  • Rossby41Rossby41 Posts: 955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also another topic, can anybody explain how to factor reset the phone, so I don't send it back logged into my account. It's the HTC Desire X.