Batman Arkham Origins

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 43
Forum Member
I know the hype is still ongoing for GTA, but just a heads up for any of you aiming to get Batman: Arkham Origins.

Amazon are currently doing preorders for £30 for Xbox 360 and PS3. First class delivery is free and should be received by launch day.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Batman-Arkham-Origins-Xbox-360/dp/B00CBURUKU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1380412622&sr=8-2&keywords=batman+arkham+origins

If they pull what they did with GTA though might be a few days early :)

Keep hammering away at GTA guys!

Comments

• Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved AA and AC (apart from the boss fights), but I'm not so sure about this one. Doesn't have the BTAS voice cast and isn't developed by Rocksteady... I'll probably get it, but I won't be rushing in.
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Burton768 wrote: »
    I know the hype is still ongoing for GTA, but just a heads up for any of you aiming to get Batman: Arkham Origins.

Amazon are currently doing preorders for £30 for Xbox 360 and PS3. First class delivery is free and should be received by launch day.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Batman-Arkham-Origins-Xbox-360/dp/B00CBURUKU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1380412622&sr=8-2&keywords=batman+arkham+origins

Keep hammering away at GTA guys!

Batman: Arkham Origins is my GOTY!!! :) Oct25th can't come soon enough! ;)

(Hopefully the WiiU version will have a price reduction cause it's missing the online mode apparently! :eek:)
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Burton768 wrote: »

if your irish :(
  • AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    Really not feeling this game, but I really hope it turns out to be decent.

I was really looking forward to a sequel to Arkham City though. It was left in such an interesting place, what with the chance for a third game to focus even more on other villains and the side missions hinting at a return for Scarecrow. I'm really hoping we'll get a third one after Origins.
  • jokerzjokerz Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SimonB79 wrote: »

(Hopefully the WiiU version will have a price reduction cause it's missing the online mode apparently! :eek:)

Apparently it has been reduced to compensate which is good.
  • Thunder LipsThunder Lips Posts: 1,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AC lost some of the originals charm and I can't see this one, coming from a different studio, recapturing it. It might still be good, but I'm not expecting great.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AC lost some of the originals charm and I can't see this one, coming from a different studio, recapturing it. It might still be good, but I'm not expecting great.

Your probably right but still think its worth a day of release purchase due to the fact that the original devs gave them all the tools and guidance to create this game.

Am I the only one that thinks that this is going to be a cash in by WB for one last big pay day on the current gen (B:AO does use all the same assets and engine as B:AC just a little more updated) then will hit us next year with the next gen Batman game?
  • ixHellstormxixHellstormx Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked AA and AC, got them both for around £10 (PC download) so i'm def getting this game too :)
  • AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member

I would have to agree... Asylum had a very specific charm about it, even if as a game it was more linear. I think these games feel very cinematic, and so perhaps linear helped to tell the story better. City didn't know whether it wanted to be a sandbox game or whether it was a linear story like its predecessor - it was still a great game to play, but it never felt anywhere near as well written, and after a while the storyline began to drag a little without really progressing very much.
  • Naa_KwaKaiNaa_KwaKai Posts: 1,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pre ordered mine from Amazon. I love the last two games but I'm going in with low expectations as I know Rocksteady have nothing to do with this one.
  • Hendo9Hendo9 Posts: 1,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Naa_KwaKai wrote: »
    Pre ordered mine from Amazon. I love the last two games but I'm going in with low expectations as I know Rocksteady have nothing to do with this one.

Its still pretty much the same game, same fighting style, same controls id imagine and same layout... with a few WB tweaks in there.

Well worth a purchase as all Arkham games are... all been brilliant.

Plus, when you're getting it for around £20 via the Gamestop trade deal, its definitely worth it
  • SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hendo9 wrote: »
    Its still pretty much the same game, same fighting style, same controls id imagine and same layout... with a few WB tweaks in there.

Well worth a purchase as all Arkham games are... all been brilliant.

Plus, when you're getting it for around £20 via the Gamestop trade deal, its definitely worth it

It is definitely not "well worth a purchase" not on day 1 and with no reviews. People would be best to tread lightly. Different developers means the game is in unknown territory and whatever came before should be discounted. Look at Modern Warfare 3 compared to MW2 Treyarch leave after MW2 and their replacements, despite making a game which is essentially an update, having the exact same game engine, and using most of the same visuals and sounds fail miserably by MW standards.

This game may yet be the best in the series, it could be a complete failure or it could be somewhere in between, but I'm not paying £30 for the privilege of finding out when I can find out for free if I wait a whole day.
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Different developers, more of the same is how I see it. I doubt they've wondered to far from the beaten track with Origins, given the success of the previous 2 games.

If they've managed to thrash out a decent story and given the game a few tweaks and fresh lick of paint, I really can't see there being a problem buying Origins day one.

No problem waiting one day though, if your faith in reviews is strong enough, but going by reviews for CoD games, waiting hasn't proved to successful over the years.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Different developers, more of the same is how I see it. I doubt they've wondered to far from the beaten track with Origins, given the success of the previous 2 games.

If they've managed to thrash out a decent story and given the game a few tweaks and fresh lick of paint, I really can't see there being a problem buying Origins day one.

No problem waiting one day though, if your faith in reviews is strong enough, but going by reviews for CoD games, waiting hasn't proved to successful over the years.

My faith in reviews is not particularly strong, but if this is a turkey it will be spotted early. Its not easy to replicate "more of the same".
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    Looks good but annoyed Kevin Conroy isn't voicing Batman.
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks good but annoyed Kevin Conroy isn't voicing Batman.

My gaming highlight of the year is Batman:AO! :cool: ... TBH! I'm looking forward 2 it more than the X1 & PS4! :eek: ... Absolutely loved the previous installments! /superexcited :D
  • Hendo9Hendo9 Posts: 1,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is definitely not "well worth a purchase" not on day 1 and with no reviews. People would be best to tread lightly. Different developers means the game is in unknown territory and whatever came before should be discounted. Look at Modern Warfare 3 compared to MW2 Treyarch leave after MW2 and their replacements, despite making a game which is essentially an update, having the exact same game engine, and using most of the same visuals and sounds fail miserably by MW standards.

This game may yet be the best in the series, it could be a complete failure or it could be somewhere in between, but I'm not paying £30 for the privilege of finding out when I can find out for free if I wait a whole day.

Really?

Dont like relying on reviews for my purchases, would prefer to find out for myself... whether thats via renting before purchasing if im unsure, or just buying outright... too many opinions muddy the game, especially if they've not played the other versions or arent big fans of Batman/this style of game.

Even if the game was "awful" you'd be able to sell it on for more or less what youve paid anyway... pretty confident it wont be though.
  • Thunder LipsThunder Lips Posts: 1,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tbh having not played AC since it came out if you hadn't told me beforehand this isn't the same VA I probably would never have noticed.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TV spot: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InUj9BT8KCc

Troy Baker (AO's Joker) reading the Joker's monologue from the classic The Killing Joke: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAn49oUtHJE

Baker previously played Booker in BioShock Infinite and Joel in The Last of Us.

I was very apprehensive before about AO not featuring the BTAS/AA/AC voice cast, but I'm quite confident now having heard Baker and having already experienced his talent in other games.
  • jokerzjokerz Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    TV spot: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InUj9BT8KCc

Troy Baker (AO's Joker) reading the Joker's monologue from the classic The Killing Joke: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAn49oUtHJE

Baker previously played Booker in BioShock Infinite and Joel in The Last of Us.

I was very apprehensive before about AO not featuring the BTAS/AA/AC voice cast, but I'm quite confident now having heard Baker and having already experienced his talent in other games.

I was about to post this too!

I have to say he sounds brilliant as the Joker!!!!

Mark Hamil was my favourite but this is incredibly close. He keeps the same odd accent too which is great for continuity.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hendo9 wrote: »
    Really?

Dont like relying on reviews for my purchases, would prefer to find out for myself... whether thats via renting before purchasing if im unsure, or just buying outright... too many opinions muddy the game, especially if they've not played the other versions or arent big fans of Batman/this style of game.

Even if the game was "awful" you'd be able to sell it on for more or less what youve paid anyway... pretty confident it wont be though.

Yea really.

I don't rely on reviews but its safe to say with reviews, youtube, and a bit of reading it would take all of a day to find out if this game is as good as its predecessors or its a total shambles, which is very possible.

I know I could sell it on and most likely lose nothing, or very little, but I would be giving them my money which I don't want to do if its shit, I stopped buying into the hype a few years back.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I agree with what your saying but would like to keep an open mind on this game.
    Yes its a different studio but Rocksteady have been guiding the hand of the developers very strongly on this game and the only (alleged) reason Rocksteady are not doing this game is due to them working on a full sequel to Arkham City on next gen.

I cant see them going to far off the formula that made the two previous games such big hits.
    At most I would say that it will be a carbon copy/total rip of Arkham City (which isnt a bad thing)

I'm not sold on the Vita game at all though, probably wont bother with it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    At most I would say that it will be a carbon copy/total rip of Arkham City (which isnt a bad thing)

If that's all the game turns out to be then I'd consider that a bad thing, it'd mean you're essentially paying £35 for a mission pack, which is just lazy if you ask me.

I cancelled my Amazon order for this yesterday after looking at the uninspiring 17 minute developer video, I got bored of AC quite quickly and didn't think it was anywhere near as good as AA (the short and unfocused story of AC wasn't a patch on AA), so considering that this looks exactly the same as AC I think I'll wait for the reviews on this one. I'm not expecting "bad" reviews, but I think it'll get a lot of 6's and 7's out of 10, which to me doesn't justify a full price purchase.
  • ixHellstormxixHellstormx Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pre-ordered Batman AO from Steam :) I'll be the guinea pig lol