Jessica Sanchez featuring Ne-Yo - Tonight

tamibecketttamibeckett Posts: 5,261
Forum Member
Runner up of last season's American Idol (winner was Phillip Phillips).

This is her first single from her debut album "Me, You and the Music"

http://ryanseacrest.com/2013/03/21/world-premiere-listen-to-jessica-sanchezs-song-tonight-featuring-ne-yo/

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unbelieveably tired of dance music. It's has been played out for way too long now. It's so boring now. The past two or three years have been nothing but 808s and clubbing. Next
  • troy4783troy4783 Posts: 3,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like this but her voice is so amazing and it doesn't really show it in this song I hope she has better songs that show off her voice on her album.
  • iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    sjp07 wrote: »
    Unbelieveably tired of dance music. It's has been played out for way too long now. It's so boring now. The past two or three years have been nothing but 808s and clubbing. Next

That's all US radio cares for. She's trying to get a hit clearly.
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    It's OK but she could do better. She should be releasing songs like Beyonce's If I Were A Boy, Sweet Dreams and Hello.
  • tamibecketttamibeckett Posts: 5,261
    Forum Member
    It's OK but she could do better. She should be releasing songs like Beyonce's If I Were A Boy, Sweet Dreams and Hello.

Some people on other sites have speculate that the label is trying to into the Rihanna/Beyonce route since she's just 17 turning 18 in a couple of months.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    It's not bad but it's a bit generic really.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually really like it and I love her voice.
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    Some people on other sites have speculate that the label is trying to into the Rihanna/Beyonce route since she's just 17 turning 18 in a couple of months.

I hope she doesn't go down any route Rihanna has done, I love her but Rih's a bit too raunchy for Jessica. Jessica would suit music made by Beyonce on her Sasha Fierce album or the album with Irreplaceable and Deja Vu.

To me, the song sounds a bit like something Conor Maynard would do :(...
    Forum Member
    I hope she doesn't go down any route Rihanna has done, I love her but Rih's a bit too raunchy for Jessica. Jessica would suit music made by Beyonce on her Sasha Fierce album or the album with Irreplaceable and Deja Vu.

To me, the song sounds a bit like something Conor Maynard would do :(...

I think Jessica would rather go in the Beyonce route. However, people think she sounds like Beyonce anyways which may or may not be a good thing, like on the radio?
  • Toy_HeroToy_Hero Posts: 11,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The snippets are okay-ish. To be honest, I really hope they aren't gonna push her down that generic dance/pop/electro club-like scene. That sound is so overdone these days. Her voice is too good for that. I really don't know why some artists have strayed into this sound (Usher, Chris Brown, Ne-Yo etc.) I'd be quite happy if Jessica went down the Beyonce route, but as said above they do sound similar so it might not work in her favour

I do like the sound of Don't Come Around, Crazy Glue, In Your Hands and Plastic Roses.
  • troy4783troy4783 Posts: 3,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her American Idol Peformance last night http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0ZJDIX2MtA
    And the Official Video has just come out now http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54nSydD9JqM

I'm starting to love this after not being sure about it at first I think it has potential to do really well worldwide if promoted well also liking the sound of the album snippets her voice really is amazing and she is only 17 if I know it's a big statement but if promoted right I think she has potential to be huge.
    Forum Member
    Toy_Hero wrote: »
    I'd be quite happy if Jessica went down the Beyonce route, but as said above they do sound similar so it might not work in her favour

People say she sounds like either Beyonce or Jennifer Hudson, another former American Idol contestant. I wonder if her voice on the radio would have people wondering "Is that Beyonce" or "Jhud?".

They may have her go into the Rihanna route, not so much in terms on image but by going into different genres or formats like urban, dance, or pop.

She's very young still...
  • 4troy74troy7 Posts: 8,925
    Forum Member
    Just seen her American Idol performance she killed it ! I think this would do well if it came out in the UK.