Are Vodafone account management pages really slow?

MustabusterMustabuster Posts: 5,974
Forum Member
Or is it just us?

I tried to help my wife top up online last night and and going to the Login page and every page thereafter, every page took about 30-40 seconds to load. It's like I went back in time to the old dial-up days.

I manage my bank accounts online too and there is noticeable difference in speed between http and https pages there.

Comments

• flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    it's the slowest site on the internet.
    Average Load Time for Vodafone.co.uk
    Very Slow (2.995 Seconds), 81% of sites are faster.

the account management sections are even slower. always has been.
  • carguy143carguy143 Posts: 2,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had a vodafone mobile broadband dongle and once made the mistake of trying to log in to their website using said dongle. Never again.
  • MustabusterMustabuster Posts: 5,974
    Forum Member
    Considering they're a FTSE 100 company you would think they would put a bit more effort into their IT infrastructure.
  • flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    It's incredible innit.

The account pages I can kind of understand because of the integration. Though I would move mountains to improve it if I were them. But that the regular home page is slow too...
  • DXRulzDXRulz Posts: 4,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well the other night it wouldn't do anything, just came up with some strange error message saying something about a default page.
  • OrbitalzoneOrbitalzone Posts: 12,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Our Voda corporate account log in is abysmal but worse is then when I call the corp tech support team they seem to have the same or worse problems with the time it takes their system to bring up the info. Every time I speak to one of the corporate support they apologies for the delay in accessing the system (I believe they still use a web based browser to access customer records)
  • GeowitchGeowitch Posts: 341
    Forum Member
    It's appallingly slow.Logging into my account is always hit and miss.