Once Upon A Time- Season 2(US PACE)

Comments

• Joel's dadJoel's dad Posts: 4,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was surprised with the lack of snow and emma, hopefully they will be in all future episodes.

I was slightly bored in parts tonight, but suspect they're leading slowly to the 'new' characters
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    2x01

I really, really enjoyed that opening episode. A brilliant way to start off the season in style.

Loved the team up/love triangle with Aurora, Philip and Mulan and the middle sacrficing himself for that Wraith creature was rather interesting too.

Aurora and Mulan could be this season Snow and Red, couldn't they?

Who the hell is Dr Whale? I hope we don't have to wait too long to find out but it does seem clear that he doesn't like either Charming or Regina that much though.

Emma's awkwardness around her parents made a lot of sense but now that both her and Snow are in the other world, I guess they're going to have to start talking to each other.

I knew Regina wouldn't be without magic for long and her first instinct was to try and kill. And she wonders why Henry can't love her. At least she doesn't have to worry about that Wraith for a bit.

Great scenes with Rumples and Belle but I see a lot of conflict coming their way. There's no way, he's going to stop himself from trying to be powerful, 9/10.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2x02 was a bit slow, that said I didn't hate it either

I've never been a fan of Regina which is unusual for me cos I'm usually all over the misunderstood villains. I just never thought her reason to be so hating of Snow was good enough, and I still don't think so. I did enjoy her development in this episode and I hope it continues

I felt it was all too obvious that this was a filler episode just there to bridge the gap and I think they could have done that better.

I'm glad both August and Jefferson were back, albeit briefly and I definitely would have enjoyed more Snow and Emma. I'm not a fan of the parallel FTL characters so having those two there is good

Not a bad episode but it could have been better
  • Paradise_LostParadise_Lost Posts: 6,454
    Forum Member
    iShum wrote: »

I'm glad both August and Jefferson were back,

Me too. Along with Red they're my favourite non-primary characters in OUAT. I hope they have plenty of ST this series.
  • sweetazkandisweetazkandi Posts: 2,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah charming bores me too but love the Regina stuff and the ending with Cora's appearance was great, the last scene with Emma etc was best part of the episode
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,766
    Forum Member
    Regina and Gold make this show for me.
    Forum Member
    InMyArms wrote: »
    Regina and Gold make this show for me.

They are fantastic characters.
  • LifeisGoodLifeisGood Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed episode 2, but I agree with others about Charming / David. He makes my skin crawl, and I don't know why. Perhaps it's his mushy face, or the way he seems the polar opposite of a herioc prince. Everytime he speaks I want to puke.

I feel better now I've got that off my chest! :D
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    LifeisGood wrote: »
    I enjoyed episode 2, but I agree with others about Charming / David. He makes my skin crawl, and I don't know why. Perhaps it's his mushy face, or the way he seems the polar opposite of a herioc prince. Everytime he speaks I want to puke.

I feel better now I've got that off my chest! :D

What? His puke??
    Forum Member
    Not to pile on Charming/David but what doesn't work for me is the way he talks. He speaks in the manner of the local vicar not a dashing prince. A bit of a wet fish.
  • adamo8adamo8 Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    I found this episode a little boring. i wanted to see more of Mulan and can't wait to see which other characters are going to be at the camp!
    Forum Member
    Brilliant second episode but I wasn't expecting a Regina redemption plotline this early in the season. Is it wrong that I hope she doesn't become good straightaway?

I did like that she seemingly managed to get Cora out of her life but at the same time, I kind of knew that Cora wouldn't really be gone. It will be interesting to see how Cora can manipulate Mary Margaret and Emma though.

Mulan and Aurora could've at least questioned the girls before throwing them into a dungeon but it was nice to see other parts of the Enchanted Forest.

Regina seemed to learn something of a lesson with Henry in this episode too if she's letting David have him.

I'm really enjoying Mother Superior as a character this season.

Jefferson seemed a little wasted in this episode to be honest.

Liked the explanation of Regina and Rumples first meeting as well in this one along with the Henry/David scenes and the consequences shown for still trying to leave Storybrooke, 8/10.
  • SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loveeeeeeeeed episode 3!

Really enjoyed the Snow and Emma scenes in this episode. Mulan is really turning out to be a fantastic character, and I sure do hope that she sticks around for a long time to come. Sleeping Beauty is starting to settle down too, so I hope she gets a bit more character development.

Liked the scene with Henry and Jefferson. Wasn't too keen on the Charming/Henry scenes though, as I'm not that big of a fan of either of them.

Liked hearing about Charming and his mother's past, and really enjoyed the scenes that Lancelot was in with the three of them. Guess Cora will be the 'main' villain this season with what was shown in this episode, and I'm glad that we might see a Regina & Cora showdown.

King George has arrived! Ekk!
  • 5thinbetweener5thinbetweener Posts: 525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loveeeeeeeeed episode 3!

Really enjoyed the Snow and Emma scenes in this episode. Mulan is really turning out to be a fantastic character, and I sure do hope that she sticks around for a long time to come. Sleeping Beauty is starting to settle down too, so I hope she gets a bit more character development.

Liked the scene with Henry and Jefferson. Wasn't too keen on the Charming/Henry scenes though, as I'm not that big of a fan of either of them.

Liked hearing about Charming and his mother's past, and really enjoyed the scenes that Lancelot was in with the three of them. Guess Cora will be the 'main' villain this season with what was shown in this episode, and I'm glad that we might see a Regina & Cora showdown.

King George has arrived! Ekk!

Me too! It'll be epic that's for sure! :D I was worried where they'd go from the last episode of series 1 but they've really pulled it out of the bag. So far, I can't complain :D
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, loved episode 3. One of the best episodes ever imo!

It looks like, with Regina on the road to redemption, Cora and George will be the Big Bads of Season 2, which is amazing because they had more minor roles in Season 1. I do hope they're the main villains as they're great, especially Cora!

I loved the twist of her posing as Lancelot, very chilling indeed.

The episode also provided some emotion with Ruth's death, I was really hoping she'd live but I had a feeling she wouldn't make it. :(
  • SteelEdgeSteelEdge Posts: 6,903
    Forum Member
    Different opinion from me, I really found this episode boring. I did like the Cora/Lancelot switcheroo and the end with Jim Robinson turning up in Storybrooke, but the rest left me a little...meh. Don't really know what it was, just didn't hold my interest and was happily browsing the internet on my phone as I watched.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I liked it, but I did laugh out loud when Lancelot said 'I grew up by a lake, I know how to find water', then proceeded to find a thimble full in snail shell under a log.

And Mulan/Sleeping Beauty shippers may have a point....
    Forum Member
    Dull episode. But again any ep with zero Gold and 2 seconds of Regina is probably not going to entertain me.

I'm worrying that the whole set up may not work as well as last series. There's no longer any magicless place to anchor this show to some semblance of "reality." It runs the danger of becoming a bit too unintentionally camp. But that's the risk you're bound to take with a show like this. Sleeping Beauty wrestling Snow White? :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    probably my favourite episode so far

I loved the Snow/Emma and Charming/Henry scenes, Jefferson was fantastic as always

I'm really missing August tho, I know there's a lot going on but I'm eager for a Gepetto/August reunion

CANNOT WAIT for next weeks
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    And Mulan/Sleeping Beauty shippers may have a point....

Glad I'm not the only one who's sensed a certain vibe between them. :D
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    episode 3 was certainly better than episode 2

I absolutely love Mulan and I am hoping we get to see alot more of her

Aurora I cannot take to - can we put her in a cave somewhere with Charming/David and just leave them there??

Loving the Emma and Snow scenes, particualarly the end scene in the nursery, very touching and it brought a little tear to my eye, brilliantly acted by Jennifer and Ginny

Cora is one to watch, think she is brilliant too - would love a showdown between her and Regina
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Glad I'm not the only one who's sensed a certain vibe between them. :D

Look up 'sleeping warrior' on tumblr. They're loving it!
  • DeccomajorDeccomajor Posts: 462
    Forum Member
    Just managed to catch episode 3, another good one though been a fan since day one, some of the flash's between present day Storybrooke, present day fairy tale world and past fairy tale world can be a little confusing but all in all good. Nice twist at the end but where has King G been all this time, was he in Storybrooke all this time all did he just turn up. :confused:
  • PalmerwhoPalmerwho Posts: 1,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved Emma & Snow in FTL, especially Emma's reaction to the ogres, TBH most of her reactions were priceless! Emma's mum is scary!!

King George was Mary Margaret's lawyer, quite where he's been hiding is a mystery tho. Lancelot being Cora in present day FTL didn't suprise me tbh, his timing was a big giveaway.

Don't get the hate for Charming and Henry. Loved the grandfather/grandson relationship now the curse has been 'lifted'. I
  • DeccomajorDeccomajor Posts: 462
    Forum Member
    Palmerwho wrote: »
    Loved Emma & Snow in FTL, especially Emma's reaction to the ogres, TBH most of her reactions were priceless! Emma's mum is scary!!

King George was Mary Margaret's lawyer, quite where he's been hiding is a mystery tho. Lancelot being Cora in present day FTL didn't suprise me tbh, his timing was a big giveaway.

Don't get the hate for Charming and Henry. Loved the grandfather/grandson relationship now the curse has been 'lifted'. I

King George was Mary Margaret's lawyer Of course... sorry i forgot that one :)

Don't get the hate for Charming and Henry. Loved the grandfather/grandson relationship now the curse has been 'lifted'. I Same here, not sure what all the hate is on Charming and Henry.