Comments

• kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Daily Mail
    That's one candidate!
  • Paul237Paul237 Posts: 8,654
    Forum Member
    BIB: Not wholly true - I couldn't disagree with this man more, but as a dyed-in-the-wool libertarian (in the proper British sense, not the one which has crept into American political discourse!) I still defend his right to express his opinion. I say that even of the BNP and the Westboro Baptist Church. I'd sooner live in a society where even the most obnoxious views are able to be expressed than one which routinely silences people, on the basis that it's them today but it could be me tomorrow.

Still, once you stick your head over the parapet, it's game on, and anything and everything that comes your way is your own affair to deal with :D

That's why I was careful to say "some". ;)
  • academiaacademia Posts: 18,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jackbell wrote: »
    The fact is straight people, such as the ones seen daily on programmes like The Jeremy Kyle Show, are clearly more capable of raising a child than a gay couple. The evidence is all there to see.

:p

PS: This is why you should never vote Tory. Under the surface they are still homophobic.

:D:D:D Yopu think straight people all operate on the Jeremy Kyle showl level? That's what yu'd teach a child in your care? And you think no gay people operate on the JK level? Where have you been all your life?

The real question should, of course, be can a gay couple stack up against a good straight couple? Is having a good Mum and a Dad the prime framework for a child to live in - and of course it is.
  • RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,712
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm rather pissed.

I've worked all week mind, and the child's with her dad.

I would have done a better job, I think, with ANYBODY who would take the strain of parenthood and share it with me.

I've still done a BLOODY GOOD JOB mind.:D

(She's horribly clever and hardworking, as well as rather lovely).

Still though, HELP is good.

Another adult who bloody CARES and shares it all is a wonderful thing.

Don't give a damn what sex they are or what relationships are involved.

(apologies again, bloody Friday and all that).
  • FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    Back on topic. I wonder if the minister was actually suggesting that one gay parent within a gay marriage/partnership should undergo gender reassignment surgery?

For the benefit of the kids, like.
  • Erica CartmanErica Cartman Posts: 1,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Typical Conservative.
  • tremetreme Posts: 5,445
    Forum Member
    kimindex wrote: »
    Yes, if objecting to bigotry makes you a bigot, then objecting to objecting to bigotry must make you doubly one.

Objecting to objecting to bigotry is called hugeotry.
  • biggle2000biggle2000 Posts: 3,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a moron
    Forum Member
    No doubt the DM and its readers are patting this politician on the back, yet getting outraged at The Tweenies. :D
  • FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    treme wrote: »
    Objecting to objecting to bigotry is called hugeotry.
    Bloody hippies. :mad:

Always hugging trees. ;)
  • Kolin KlingonKolin Klingon Posts: 4,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fizzbin wrote: »
    Back on topic. I wonder if the minister was actually suggesting that one gay parent within a gay marriage/partnership should undergo gender reassignment surgery?

For the benefit of the kids, like.

Yes that would really work well in a same sex relationship where both do not find the opposite sex attractive - force one to become the opposite sex!
    Forum Member
    I was right!

A selection of the DM comments:

"At last someone prepared to speak what most decent ordinary people believe. Unfortunately, we cannot speak about gays or immigrants for fear of being labeled racist and homophobic."

"Like pieces of a jigsaw some just ont fit together. Gay people should never be allowed to adopt"

"Good for him for speaking the truth. It does say in the Bible lots of times that a man should not lie with another man."

"Not under fire from normal, sensible people, I assure you. Personally, I find the idea of handing children to a couple of homosexual men nothing short of criminal child abuse. Homosexuality should never have been legalised."

(And the last comment has 216 green arrows.)

It really does beggar belief...
  • jackthomjackthom Posts: 6,622
    Forum Member
    Paul237 wrote: »
    I was right!

"At last someone prepared to speak what most decent ordinary people believe. Unfortunately, we cannot speak about gays or immigrants for fear of being labeled racist and homophobic."

"Like pieces of a jigsaw some just ont fit together. Gay people should never be allowed to adopt"

"Good for him for speaking the truth. It does say in the Bible lots of times that a man should not lie with another man."

"Not under fire from normal, sensible people, I assure you. Personally, I find the idea of handing children to a couple of homosexual men nothing short of criminal child abuse. Homosexuality should never have been legalised."

Heaven protect us all from 'decent ordinary people'.
  • 1fab1fab Posts: 20,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jackthom wrote: »
    Heaven protect us all from 'decent ordinary people'.

For sure - they sound horrific!
  • kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was right!

Doublespeak in action.

You have to feel sorry for them, though. It must make society a worrying place for them, not knowing who they're supposed to be better than, anymore.
    Forum Member
    The DM comments section is the last bastion for them. An island of bigotry in a sea of acceptance. They think that if their comment gets green arrows on that site, it must be right.
  • tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This comes to mind: All gays are paedophiles.
  • -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was right!

Gawd can you imagine if a reader had quoted the Koran instead? They'd have been lynched. Such is the hypocrisy of many DM readers.
  • FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rowieboy wrote: »
    Right to hold your view? Indisputable. However you may find in the real world people don't accept it however much you protest. Legal right does not mean acceptance. Live with it!

So Jones has the right to express his views but no one has to take it seriously? Nice to see you're on message. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice to see that the Mail commenters say the a gay person can't be decent or normal. But they are most definitely a paedophile. Of course, wanting to legislate based on the bible IS normal... :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FMKK wrote: »
    Nice to see that the Mail commenters say the a gay person can't be decent or normal. But they are most definitely a paedophile. Of course, wanting to legislate based on the bible IS normal... :rolleyes:

What did you expect from the right-wing daily mail readers eh?

The readers of that old rag of a paper are also sexist and racist also so nothing new here.
  • Scarlett O HaraScarlett O Hara Posts: 195
    Forum Member
    InMyArms wrote: »
    He's entitled to his opinion.

I'm entitled to my opinion that he's a nasty bigoted twerp.

Exactly this.

With freedom of speech comes the freedom to disagree with what someone is saying. Calling someone a bigot isn't automatically trying to suppress their right to an opinion, and it's ludicrous to suggest otherwise.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly this.

With freedom of speech comes the freedom to disagree with what someone is saying. Calling someone a bigot isn't automatically trying to suppress their right to an opinion, and it's ludicrous to suggest otherwise.

It does seem to be a regular tactic of those who don't have much to back up their argument though.
    Forum Member
    FMKK wrote: »
    It does seem to be a regular tactic of those who don't have much to back up their argument though.

The same can be said for those who comment on the use of the term bigot, rather than actually discussing the subject of the thread... It's a convenient smokescreen for some.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Warm and safe environment. They are not so bothered about a childs "warm and safe environment" when it comes to throwing the disabled people off benefits and putting families into poverty, having to get their dinner from a food bank.