Ian Hyland - TV critic

1171819202123»

Comments

• ian hylandian hyland Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    Valentine wrote: »
    Didn't last long on the Mail? Where's Jim Shelley gone to - I follow you both on Twitter (not 'Kev' though, unhumourous waste of space!) so I knew Jim was leaving the Mirror but not what he's doing now.

No chance of you going back to TWS??

17 months is a long time in papers these days!
    Not sure where Jim's going.
    TWS? I wash my hair on Friday mornings.
    Forum Member
    Murraymar wrote: »
    I'll miss you in the mail. It's the first column I go to on a Sunday. Good luck with your new job

Good on yer.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ian hyland wrote: »
    King?

:D I thought 'star'... or even 'icon'?
    Forum Member
    lexi22 wrote: »
    :D I thought 'star'... or even 'icon'?

Ha. Important that he said it though, don't you think?
  • cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tinshed wrote: »
    Going to a decent comic now are you? Your still a **** though!

Stud?? (maybe the poster thought so?);):D

There should be a prize for the best guess..a cryptic message in your last column for the DM:)
  • PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope the Mail gets a new TV Critic. That was lacking from the paper for some time before Ian got the job. I will miss it (note I said it, not him)
  • ValentineValentine Posts: 3,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    17 months is a long time in papers these days!
    Not sure where Jim's going.
    TWS? I wash my hair on Friday mornings.

Well TV Kev certainly doesn't, on Friday's or any other days!!

Good luck with the move anyway, scary where those 17 months have gone!!
    Forum Member
    Porcupine wrote: »
    I hope the Mail gets a new TV Critic. That was lacking from the paper for some time before Ian got the job. I will miss it (note I said it, not him)

Oooooooh! Spiky by name, dear...
  • tinshedtinshed Posts: 483
    Forum Member
    King?

Try kn0b !
    Forum Member
    tinshed wrote: »
    Try kn0b !

No thanks. I'm full.
  • artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good luck with the new job, Ian.
  • Michelle_ClarkeMichelle_Clarke Posts: 1,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like him hes witty and he isn't nasty in a spiteful way unlike say Dan WoodenTop.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked, how in his News of The World column a year or so ago, Ian used to make jokes about a certain TV star who'd got an injunction. He'd be talking about the programme that this actor was in and make references to what this guy had been up to. If, like me, you were in the know then it was funny.

I'm presuming that I still can't name the actor in question.
  • ValentineValentine Posts: 3,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like him hes witty and he isn't nasty in a spiteful way unlike say Dan WoodenTop.

Very true, and - unlike Woodentop - can speak the Queen's good, old northern English, and he's a Red so what's not to like?!
  • Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh..is Ian off to the Mirror???
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,804
    Forum Member
    Have I got this right, the first thing people look at is Ian Hyland's column, and Kevin Sullivan has hairy balls? :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kind of bored of reading Ian & Kevin's tired jokes about Piers Morgan or Cheryl Cole"s toilet attendant incident. Neither seem to criticise Channel 5's output anymore either. Funny that.

Used to enjoy a similar column in The Sun until two or so years ago when I wouldn't be seen dead reading it. At least he manages to keep his head down and actually say something funny.

Oh and The Apprentice has but dog s*** ever since the Beeb moved it for general election and a crap kids version. So stop attacking it cos we know its lame.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goods news for readers of The Mirror, he's doing his first column for them tomorrow
  • PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But will the Mail get another critic ? I hope so. I enjoy reading the reviews.
  • cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ian has been quiet since he joined the MIrror, or has Loz kidnapped him again?;)
  • lozengerlozenger Posts: 4,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cazzz wrote: »
    Ian has been quiet since he joined the MIrror, or has Loz kidnapped him again?;)

Not this time cazzz, we've had a loft conversion now so there would be nowhere to put him. Plus he never did review the Chawner show for me before escaping, the slippery eel!

He's tweeted about Ms Price's revelations in tomorrows paper though, will be fun to see what he has to say about that.
  • bonpennybonpenny Posts: 495
    Forum Member
    '...Used to enjoy a similar column in The Sun...

An ex-work colleague used to buy The Sun, and I have to admit that this guy, Ian Hyland, used to make me scream with laughter. Descriptions beyond belief. Wherever you are, Sir. Well done. :)
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I prefer the far superior Charlie Catchpole .............