Android On It's Back With Red Triangle?

carnivalistcarnivalist Posts: 4,565
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I've been trying to get the Jellybean Update for my unbranded S3 and the ICS update for my mother's VIrgin Mobile Ace Plus. However unsurprisingly I've been foiled by Kies. After days of trying - including two all-nighters - I've finally given up.

More detail here.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?p=63452992#post63452992

I've been trying to install the OTA update for my S3 instead. However it only gets so far and then gives me an error message - the aforementioned Android on it's back with a red triangle.

Stiggles kindly provided a screenshot.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-jF4CgOU8cb4/UAoCk9Zuz8I/AAAAAAAASKg/m6YOuDRcs4g/s1600/AndroidRedTriangle.JPG

Any ideas as to how I sort this?

Comments

• StigglesStiggles Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    Its an odd one alright!

Few things to try:-

1) Try another USB port for the cable. Then try again.

2)Put phone in download mode yourself. Shutdown phone, hold volume down, home and power. Continue holding them till the phone powers on then release. Press volume up to continue and then plug the phone in with Kies running. Hopefully that may kickstart it.

3)Delete Kies, Samsung drivers and reinstall Kies.
  • carnivalistcarnivalist Posts: 4,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How would the cable, Kies and Windows drivers affect the OTA update? (Genuine question).
  • StigglesStiggles Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    How would the cable, Kies and Windows drivers affect the OTA update? (Genuine question).

Sometimes the drivers can be corrupt. Normally when you change USB sockets it forces a re-install of the drivers.

EDIT:- Ah sorry, misread your post!!

Thinking about it now, i think your only option is a factory reset then try it. I know its a hassle but something is not right as its not normal for that to happen both over Kies and OTA.
  • red_g00nerred_g00ner Posts: 817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another alternative would be to download the firmware from www.sammobile.com and then use Odin to flash your phone.