[GAME] Battle Of The Seasons Series 2 [Official Launch Thread]

SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Ladies and gentleman...the wait is finally over. :p:D

So hello everybody, welcome to the official launch of the successful Battle Of The Seasons. I am your host and you may remember me collecting tons of experience hosting from my other games such as The Voice Factor (which is returning soon) and of course mentoring on other games but that's not for here. For those that don't know, here's what happened in the last Series. The show began with four chosen mentors and each mentor was given a UK Series or Year Class as a category instead of the normal traditional categories. :cool:

At the end of it all, the 2011 Class won as Joe Cox took the crown mentored by Stephen but it was a tight result and the closest one for a very long time...now we are back and we're looking for the next star to join alongside Joe and that is where the mentors come in. Now in terms of who's on the panel, I need some clarification as two of our original judges have said they're coming back. So Stephen and Ryan, if you are still up for it, let me know that you are returning before we continue. For those who want to join, I have two vacant slots, so if you want to take part, inbox me you're previous experiences, why you want to join and what can you bring to the panel.

You have from now until 5:00pm to get in your "application forms" so do send them in to me. ;)

Comments

• puppylove7puppylove7 Posts: 66,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't have time to do it for 5! :( Can I send you it in the evening?
  • SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I can extend the deadline to 6:00pm for you.
    But either way, don't be sad if you don't get picked, because I have a few twists that I've got planned. ;)
  • ElectricBoy171ElectricBoy171 Posts: 20,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I shall be a regular viewer. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got a few forms so far, keep them coming, people. :)
  • EndOfSanityEndOfSanity Posts: 15,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not even mentioning me OR the flawless Despina in the intro, I'm very disappointed in you Soppyfan... :sleep:

Like I said before in both PMs and on other shows, I'd SO do this again if I had the time to do it. Unfortunately I have 3 very busy weeks ahead of me, so all I can do is wish good luck to those who are thinking of applying. Soppyfan has become a great host (not as good as me though :cool:) since his first game, and let me tell you that he's a marvelous person to be working alongside with on shows like these.

I'll be keeping an eye on this one for sure, best of luck everyone!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Would love to be a judge!!! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just before I forget, I have a set list of twists that I have prepared for this Series and you may or may not enjoy them one bit. :p
    Not even mentioning me OR the flawless Despina in the intro, I'm very disappointed in you Soppyfan... :sleep:
    I knew I forgot to mention that you and Despina were the runner-ups who came up short, but it was very, very close. :o
  • Kuda_KunakaKuda_Kunaka Posts: 2,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I shall be a regular viewer. :)

Same here :)
    Best of luck everyone
    Can't wait to find out the new judges, hope to see some new faces
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have received 5 application forms so far, keep them coming.
    No word from Stephen or Ryan on whether they're returning yet so if they don't reply by 6pm, I'll have to vacate those slots.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The deadline has passed and I have way more then enough to choose the best for this game. :D

Stay tuned for when I announce the chosen judges.
    Forum Member
    Can`t wait! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So first of all, thank you folks for submitting your forms in, but I can only pick four...or will I? We'll find out later. ;)

Right, fingers crossed that the judges I pick will be on here right now, so let's find out who's on the panel.

Our first judge is someone who I have worked with a couple of times, but has a great amount of experience to back it up.
    He recently won and came second in a game gone by and it is...

yohinnchild!

Welcome to the panel. :)
    Forum Member
    Well done David!! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Our second judge has been on the rise in just a matter of months, he once took part in one of my games (finishing in 5th place on Back To Basics) and this may give it away but he hosts the successful UK vs. US vs. OZ show, so it's none other than...

jackmakka!

Welcome aboard, I know you'll be looking to do better. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Our third judge joining the panel has told me a lot about what we can expect from this person and I think we're in for a treat and possibly some drama too. She's had some experience and she is currently doing well on Pingu's game, it can only be...

fireemblemcraze!

I'll be interested to see how well you do here. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So only one more spot left...or is there? ;)

Anyways, our fourth and final judge is someone who has told me that he has learned from his mistakes and he is looking to prove a point and improve on his mentoring skills and I think he deserves that chance, it is...

Wong_Billabong!

Welcome aboard the panel, hope you do better in this game.
    Forum Member
    Well done Roxie and Jack!! :)
    Forum Member
    Well done George:) :( Would`ve love to be a judge but ah well!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So there you have it, our four judges for the panel...however I am sorry for the rest of you who sent in your forms and didn't get on, but don't be upset, I have an alternative in the form of a twist!

*TWIST*

One of you who didn't get to be on the panel will be in-boxed and be told that you will be chosen to be the "Mystery Judge", an idea that I loved so much from Jacka's game and I hope he doesn't mind me borrowing this, so be on standby in a few moments... ;)

Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So, to the person who got the inbox to be a mystery judge, congratulations...and celebrations as the old song goes. :p

Now to explain how this game works followed by a few rules and guidelines:

1. For this game, each of you four judges is assigned a Series or Year Class category from the past nine UK Series.

2. When you get a chosen Class team, you have to pick 1 boy, 1 girl, 1 over and 1 group.

3. I am very flexible with song choices, but given the standard we had in the last Series, I and a lot of viewers will be expecting a high standard to be maintained!

4. Don't take it too far or too seriously, remember that this is only a game, so just enjoy it if you can. :)

When the judges come on, I'll be moving on to the next step which is finding out which judge will have a Series category between 2004 and 2012.
  • Wong_BillabongWong_Billabong Posts: 10,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ooh can't wait thanks for picking
  • jackamakkajackamakka Posts: 4,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks Steve, looking forward to working with Roxie, George and David again :) can't wait to find out which year group I've got :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Okay, first up is Jacka...you have got...

SERIES 7

So it's all about the acts from 2010 and there is a variety to choose from.

Next up is George and you have got...
    SERIES 5!

Or the class of 2008 which I'm sure you can handle. :)

Okay and next up is Roxie, and she's not here but she has got...
    SERIES 9!

The class of 2012 which I will be expecting to do well this time around.

And finally David who also isn't here but he has got...
    SERIES 8!

Or the Class of 2011 which also has a long list to choose from.

So judges, are we satisfied with your assigned Series?
  • jackamakkajackamakka Posts: 4,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    YES! Pretty much settled on my acts I think...maybe? Is it UK only?
  • Wong_BillabongWong_Billabong Posts: 10,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yes thats good for me
    When do we have to reveal our artists