Great Night Out

167891012»

Comments

• hunter23hunter23 Posts: 3,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    amazing the amount of rubbish itv still play such as loose women and all star mr and mrs, yet a good sitcom like this doesn't even get a second series.
  • Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    The day after they show us shite like 'Vicious' and theyre cancelling a perfectly good comedy-drama. A real shame.
  • tuppencehapennytuppencehapenny Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ollie_h19 wrote: »
    The day after they show us shite like 'Vicious' and theyre cancelling a perfectly good comedy-drama. A real shame.

Yes, agreed. I wasn't sure I'd like it, but it was a lot of fun.
  • Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hunter23 wrote: »
    amazing the amount of rubbish itv still play such as loose women and all star mr and mrs, yet a good sitcom like this doesn't even get a second series.

Absolutely.
  • Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was good - it was funny and light-hearted. Shame there isn't a second series.
  • Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    I'm guessing this isn't on the ITV player or whatever they call their application.
    Do ITV repeat their stuff a few months later on one of their other channels, like BBC 3/4 does?

As it's not coming back, I want to watch it again now.
  • Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shame it isn't coming back, although the ratings were always a tad on the low side, and it did get a bit of stick while it was on air.
    Forum Member
    Andy23 wrote: »
    Shame it isn't coming back, although the ratings were always a tad on the low side, and it did get a bit of stick while it was on air.

Oh it got shlocking did it, can't think why, apart from not being 'original or cutting edge'.
    OK script/plotting was a bit OTT/weak, respectively.
    Number of good LOL gags, quality/charm of the performers certainly dragged me along.
  • D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ITV are giving this a repeat run from Wednesday 21st August at 22:35, despite it being axed. Which suggests it may be getting a reprieve if viewing figures for the repeat run are solid.

I suspect anything 1m+ for the repeats will lead to a reprieve.
  • HMOHMO Posts: 42,120
    Forum Member
    Repeats start tomorrow at 22:35. :)
    Forum Member
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    Repeats start tomorrow at 22:35. :)

Reminder set cheers.
    Unlikely to come back unless ITV push it heavily advertising it.
    Shame, it had legs IMO, all the performers and daft LOL gags carried this and imbued it with a lot of charm.

The fact that I fancy all of the female lead characters is an added bonus.
  • HMOHMO Posts: 42,120
    Forum Member
    I think one problem was that it dragged out to an hour, which a comedy doesn't need.
    Forum Member
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    I think one problem was that it dragged out to an hour, which a comedy doesn't need.

It didn't drag in the slightest for me, in fact it rattled along at reasonable lick, timescale didn't bother me in the slightest.
    I don't think anyone else in the thread has mentioned the timescale either.
    Some of the early posts are from those who 'dipped in' an hung around for the hour they thought it was worth sticking with and pulled them along.
  • davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm pleased this is being repeated - this was a good comedy, which I hope does well second time round :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 347
    Forum Member
    I doubt it'd top the ratings for its first run, but I hope it does well enough for ITV to reconsider their decision... or for Dave or Comedy Central to pick it up.
  • ValentineValentine Posts: 3,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Might do better with viewing figures on a Wednesday rather than Friday, when it was originally shown. Hope it does get a reprieve.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Such a shame there are no plans for series 2, It is one of the few programmes I watched on ITV - Like others have said some of the poor quality programmes seem to get series after series. I also enjoyed it being on on a Friday evening, good start to the weekend.
  • PrincessEssexPrincessEssex Posts: 1,414
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/bring-back-great-night-out-itv-we-want-itv-to-bring-back-great-night-out/sponsors/new

Lee Boardman has tweeted that there is a petition to bring this show back if anyone wants to sign it
  • H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tykechick wrote: »
    Such a shame there are no plans for series 2, It is one of the few programmes I watched on ITV - Like others have said some of the poor quality programmes seem to get series after series. I also enjoyed it being on on a Friday evening, good start to the weekend.

If it rates well tonight it could get a second series on ITV, except shortened to 30minutes.
  • Barry_SimBarry_Sim Posts: 179
    Forum Member
    I hardly watch anything on ITV these days, this show was one of the few I did watch as it had a charm and the chracters you could believe in.

ITV dont have a clue anymore, all trash and Z List Celebrities.

What always made me laugh about ITV, they axed Londons Burning, made another FF Show, they ruined and axed the Bill, continue to make Police Procedural shows, I dont get ITV I really dont.
  • radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/bring-back-great-night-out-itv-we-want-itv-to-bring-back-great-night-out/sponsors/new

Lee Boardman has tweeted that there is a petition to bring this show back if anyone wants to sign it

I've signed up.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    Me too! Love this show.