A Thread For Anyone, Any Gigs, and A More General Discussion of Everything (Part 4)

Comments

• cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Evening!
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hey CNBC how's you :)?
    Forum Member
    I'm ok but a bit tired. Having three consecutive days of exams is enough to make anyone tired!
  • TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always hated exams. Thankfully those days are mostly behind me :p
    Forum Member
    I always hated exams. Thankfully those days are mostly behind me :p

I don't hate them but they can be stressful. I find I'm better at writing essays and doing research. I always get high grades for assignments or research projects I do.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well not far to go CNBC just stick at it :)
    Forum Member
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    Well not far to go CNBC just stick at it :)

I'll do that and I'll try not to pull a Doreen and get stressed :p Wouldn't do me any good! I'm just working on one of my stories.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No indeed as we allknow what doreen is like when she gets stressed how's it going :)?
    Forum Member
    Yeah she goes crazy and needs Sheila's help ;-) It's going ok. I wasn't happy with the direction it was going and I revised part of it. I still have the original though. I saved it under a different name.
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,989
    Forum Member
    Morning

Did anyone watch "Ugly Betty" when it was on? I didn't watch it at the time but I've found it on Sky Demand. There are some glaring similarities between this show and the film "The Devil Wears Prada".
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes i did Mimi thefirst serieswas the best the second waspoor and the third and fourth recovered but couldn't save it :). But agreed it's the whle fashion industry, bright geeky girl throw in someHispanic stereotypes and it's a show :p

listening to Lana have loved her since Video Games but Tripico has reminded me of her brilliance and i have finally fallen in love with the Paradise-EP
    Forum Member
    I'll probably go back to Ugly Betty but I've just found "Scandal" on demand. Does anyone watch that? I think that it is still running at the moment.

I like Lana too. It took me a while to get into her music but I'm quite looking forward to her second album. The second album is the deal-breaker, isn't it? She's been working on her debut for quite some time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You don't need to follow it implicitly you can dip in and out of Betty :) and no never watched Scandal :)

Yeah i hope she avoids a sophmore slump and insteads pulls an Adele and excells :) And yeah she did and it's been a rough ride America has only recently acknwledged her as before they slated her and effectively eneed her career over there after SNL :( But she is back on form making waves over there and has been nominated for two Grammys at last :):)
    Forum Member
    Morning!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hey Cnbc how's you :)?
    Forum Member
    You don't need to follow it implicitly you can dip in and out of Betty :) and no never watched Scandal :)

Yeah i hope she avoids a sophmore slump and insteads pulls an Adele and excells :) And yeah she did and it's been a rough ride America has only recently acknwledged her as before they slated her and effectively eneed her career over there after SNL :( But she is back on form making waves over there and has been nominated for two Grammys at last :):)

I had heard that she wasn't very popular in America at first. What sort of things were they saying about her?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was really harsh criticism and qite unfair really it was like a unified decision to hate her. They implied she was the worst SNL performer ever (they also ahd the Bow Wow Men on - Who let the dogs out) crticised her singing, backround, muusic, supposed surgery it was like a media lynching :o
    Forum Member
    Hey Cnbc how's you :)?

I'm ok, just trying to get a bit of peace and quiet but mum's driving me mad as usual >:( What part of peace and quiet does she not understand?
    Forum Member
    It was really harsh criticism and qite unfair really it was like a unified decision to hate her. They implied she was the worst SNL performer ever (they also ahd the Bow Wow Men on - Who let the dogs out) crticised her singing, backround, muusic, supposed surgery it was like a media lynching :o

Oh god, really?! Their song is terrible. :o

I like Lana's music in small doses. I like her voice but I didn't for a long time. It can sound quite monotone to some. I understand the dislike for her voice as much as I understand the liking for it.
    Forum Member
    Afternoon! What's everyone up to?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mimicole wrote: »
    Oh god, really?! Their song is terrible. :o

I like Lana's music in small doses. I like her voice but I didn't for a long time. It can sound quite monotone to some. I understand the dislike for her voice as much as I understand the liking for it.

I think it was just one of those things where they perhaps misunderstood her and saw her as a bit try hard hipster treading on the toes of Gaga when she is so much more :) But yeah especially on Paradise she can sound sort of slurry drunk especially Yayo but i love her :p

And how's you CNBC :)?
    Forum Member
    I'm ok, just drinking tea and working on my stories for a bit before I get back to the study :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glad to your taking a break wouldn't want your brain to over saturate :p
    Forum Member
    Exactly :p I'm thinking about how to start my new story. It's one where Sheila and Doreen turn up for work in each other's uniforms. I need a good opening sentence :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haha well how would others tell i take it they are the same rank there needs to bean immediate difference so everone else could have a good gossip :p