Carla & Peter / Alison & Chris - Discussion/Appreciation/Fandom (3)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    Kazza81 wrote: »
    I
    I think they're trying to make Carla a proper Barlow as I dont see her ever changing her name back to Connor should Peter leave in a cab and not be killed off which im sure won't happen. I wonder if she divorces Peter, she becomes a Donovan?

I'm still sad she changed her name to Barlow. I remember after the Tony saga when the staff didn't know what to call her, and she said something like "Connor. It feels right" :-) Barlow just doesn't sit right with me. I can't help feeling that Carla will not split up with Peter when the affair comes out (initially) it seems a bit silly to have this whole sl about the wedding etc for it to just be a quckie divorce 6 months later. Call me a pessimist but I reckon we will have to endure months of Carla pining over Peter when he leaves...

As for a Rob and Tracy wedding, for some reason I think they are well matched, but when Rob was introduced he was meant to be a typical 'bad boy' character and we were promised some family history etc... but now he wants to settle down and become a proper family? :confused: Meh another character change.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree with other comments. Tina is not that naive or silly or willing to be someone's bit on the side. They fact she's now completely backed down and said Peter can tell Carla whenever he thinks best is totally out of character. And Peter the manipulative, conscienceless sleaze is a completely different person from the one Carla fell for. Unless he has a personality change back to how he used to be then I cannot want him and Carla to sort things out. In fact the way he is behaving now it wouldn't be out of character for him to deliberately murder Tina just so Carla doesn't find out about the affair. And then to kill anyone who might have any evidence that he killed Tina. He might as well just become the next John Stape and be done with it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 291
    Forum Member
    Peter Barlow is disgusting. That look to the camera when he'd got Tina back onside just yuck. Everything about him makes me angry, even though he acts different sometimes when he's with Carla. Whatever he does, whatever he says when the baby stuff and affair stuff comes out, nothing will ever make me ship Carter again or want him anywhere near Carla. Regardless of how genuine he appears, or how much self pitying he does when he realises what he has lost.
  • Holz_Holz_ Posts: 1,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really don't understand what the point was of having Tina and Peter "give it another go" for a week before the pregnancy stuff and (I severely hope) it's over for good anyway. All for what, that one scene in the hotel with David nearly catching them? It's just going round and round in endless circles and it's just boring now. I'm not even angry anymore because it's all just so pathetic.

Carla Barlow will never sound right to me, either. Problem is, if she divorces Peter, what would she change her name back to? It'd be difficult for her to go back to Connor a second time (first time when she divorced Tony), but Donovan doesn't feel or sound right either, and I can't see Carla being over the moon at going back to a name she no doubt associates with some very dark memories. Even when she splits with Peter, I can see her sticking with Barlow unfortunately.

I agree re Peter and not wanting him back with Carla. He's been changed beyond all recognition and beyond redemption, and the fact that we almost certainly won't even get any of these scenes we hoped for in the wake of Carla telling Peter she's pregnant, thanks to Tina and her little bombshell sending her other the edge, was the final straw for me. It's all downhill from here, and let's face it, things are crap enough as they are now. I'm really hoping Carla has an abortion when he starts drinking, or (as heartbreaking as it would be) loses it in the wake of Tina's death, because the idea of Carla being stuck struggling alone with Peter's child that she never wanted in the first place is just awful. She should at least be able to move on and make a clean break, and a child (and Rob and Tracey marrying) would anchor her there and keep her permanently attached to Peter in some way.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 233
    Forum Member
    Holz_ wrote: »
    After the mockery that was made of Carla and Peter's wedding/ entire marriage, I can't help but see this http://www.soapsquawk.co.uk/news/corrie-spoiler-tracy-and-rob-to-get-married.php#results as a bit of a slap in the face, especially if Deidre is there (remind me again why she missed Peter's wedding?).

I was so disappointed when it was revealed that Deirdre wouldn't be going (is that when she decided she had to join Ken in Canada?) but apart from when it turned into a joke at the end, I loved Carla and Peter's wedding. Roy and Hayley's presence definitely heightened the emotion.:cry:
    As for a Rob and Tracy wedding, for some reason I think they are well matched, but when Rob was introduced he was meant to be a typical 'bad boy' character and we were promised some family history etc... but now he wants to settle down and become a proper family? :confused: Meh another character change.

I'm not sure they know what they're doing with Rob. He believes in the institution of marriage and wants stability for Amy? Really?:confused: If you say so, Corrie. I can't say that I care about Rob and Tracy as a couple but I'm sure Tracy will mess things up.

Perhaps the wedding storyline is about Ken's return?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 83
    Forum Member
    I've been thinking about this for a few days and I have a theory as to what happened with this storyline:

I think that ORIGINALLY, the writers, producers, publicity team etc., thought this affair would become the next great love story on corrie that was the product of an affair. I think they planned on having Peter fall in love with Tina after she returned from London, and promise to leave Carla except he then finds out about the pregnancy and chooses to stay with Carla (sounding very similar to the Kevin/Molly affair, in which Kevin chose to stay with Sally because she revealed her cancer diagnosis to him, and he realized how much he loved her)

However, as SB had mentioned in some interview recently, it's hard to change storylines due to how far in advance they are shot. Since this affair has garnered very little support and more disgust from viewers than anything, I think the storyline was changed ever so slightly to depict Peter more like a sex addict then the troubled, 'falls-back-into-familiar-patterns-at-the-drop-of-a-hat' character we have grown to love and hate simultaneously, after the poor feedback in the fall and winter. Then the story changed almost entirely when they returned from Christmas vacation, and that's when all this Peter will never leave Carla statements really started to take flight. We also started seeing Peter's shifty eyes, and troubled looks behind Tina's back, and will see him fall off the wagon when Tina reveals her news to him.

Im sure the publicity team will come out with their typical ' no no, we planned this all along' malarkey, but I just don't buy it. In certain scenes, Peter acts with Tina like he did with Carla when they were having their affair, and in other scenes, he has become a caricature of who he once was. The two don't blend; maybe it's a case of too many writers that results in characters acting one way in one episode, and completely different in another, but I cannot see why this storyline was perceived to be a 'fantastic' one if Peter never had any intention of leaving Carla for Tina. They said this storyline was planned well before
    Chris Fountain was axed, and prior to the idea of killing off Tina. So what was the point of this storyline? Surely they would have given their 'golden girl' a better final storyline than 'she has an affair with Peter that doesn't end happily, so she leaves'.

I dunno, just my two cents :)
  • princesseggnessprincesseggness Posts: 494
    Forum Member
    I've been thinking about this for a few days and I have a theory as to what happened with this storyline:

I think that ORIGINALLY, the writers, producers, publicity team etc., thought this affair would become the next great love story on corrie that was the product of an affair. I think they planned on having Peter fall in love with Tina after she returned from London, and promise to leave Carla except he then finds out about the pregnancy and chooses to stay with Carla (sounding very similar to the Kevin/Molly affair, in which Kevin chose to stay with Sally because she revealed her cancer diagnosis to him, and he realized how much he loved her)

However, as SB had mentioned in some interview recently, it's hard to change storylines due to how far in advance they are shot. Since this affair has garnered very little support and more disgust from viewers than anything, I think the storyline was changed ever so slightly to depict Peter more like a sex addict then the troubled, 'falls-back-into-familiar-patterns-at-the-drop-of-a-hat' character we have grown to love and hate simultaneously, after the poor feedback in the fall and winter. Then the story changed almost entirely when they returned from Christmas vacation, and that's when all this Peter will never leave Carla statements really started to take flight. We also started seeing Peter's shifty eyes, and troubled looks behind Tina's back, and will see him fall off the wagon when Tina reveals her news to him.

Im sure the publicity team will come out with their typical ' no no, we planned this all along' malarkey, but I just don't buy it. In certain scenes, Peter acts with Tina like he did with Carla when they were having their affair, and in other scenes, he has become a caricature of who he once was. The two don't blend; maybe it's a case of too many writers that results in characters acting one way in one episode, and completely different in another, but I cannot see why this storyline was perceived to be a 'fantastic' one if Peter never had any intention of leaving Carla for Tina. They said this storyline was planned well before
    Chris Fountain was axed, and prior to the idea of killing off Tina. So what was the point of this storyline? Surely they would have given their 'golden girl' a better final storyline than 'she has an affair with Peter that doesn't end happily, so she leaves'.

I dunno, just my two cents :)

And, a brilliant two cents it's been too,...and welcome! :) Methinks, you might be a certain, fabulously brilliant, and familiar writer, who used to frequent Fanfiction? But, I shall remain schtum. :D:blush:

BIB - I am very sceptical that this sl was ever planned. It'a all wrong, on so many levels. I'm sure it was ill-conceived, and mainly thought up after the sudden axing of Chris Fountain. The very fact that there are so many mixed messages, inconsistent writing sources, such character transformations, informs me that this sl could not have been on the cards, long-term. :( The sl is unpopular, and it's a complete mess. I've said my tuppence worth too many times on here to repeat here now. But, suffice it to say that I'm counting down the days until Tina's demise and Peter's departure. I haven't got the foggiest where things might head from then on. But,...I'll be relieved the Tina/Peter debacle will be all over, and intrigued about what may come in the foreseeable future. :)
    Forum Member
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s3/coronation-street/news/a559452/coronation-street-68m-watch-kevin-websters-return-on-friday.html

I know these viewing figures are slightly skewed because of Sport Relief, but Emmerdale got more viewers than Corrie's second episode....
    Forum Member
    And, a brilliant two cents it's been too,...and welcome! :) Methinks, you might be a certain, fabulously brilliant, and familiar writer, who used to frequent Fanfiction? But, I shall remain schtum. :D:blush:

BIB - I am very sceptical that this sl was ever planned. It'a all wrong, on so many levels. I'm sure it was ill-conceived, and mainly thought up after the sudden axing of Chris Fountain. The very fact that there are so many mixed messages, inconsistent writing sources, such character transformations, informs me that this sl could not have been on the cards, long-term. :( The sl is unpopular, and it's a complete mess. I've said my tuppence worth too many times on here to repeat here now. But, suffice it to say that I'm counting down the days until Tina's demise and Peter's departure. I haven't got the foggiest where things might head from then on. But,...I'll be relieved the Tina/Peter debacle will be all over, and intrigued about what may come in the foreseeable future. :)

I'm practically convinced it wasn't planned. With Michelle leaving and Tommy's unfortunate off screen exit, they needed a new plot. There has been no consistency with how Peter is being portrayed, at first it seemed like he was suffering from guilt and what we have previously seen with him being conflicted over his affairs, but since Tina returned from London he's just a sleaze with absolutely no care for Carla whatsoever. There was supposedly a huge story with Peter and Rob that was meant to run throughout 2013 which never really materialised, possibly not helped by Bill Roache having to be written out. It had a sort of semi build up to it, with all the bookie stuff, and the confrontation between Rob and Peter, I recall a couple of incidents in the Rovers etc, but nothing ever really came of it. The whole storyline with Tina and Peter came out of absolutely nowhere shown by the random scenes they had on screen, also the bullying plot which like predicted, came to nothing and was simply a plot device. Whatever the people behind Corrie say IMO it wasn't planned.

Can't wait for the affair end, then maybe it will be watchable when it all comes out, despite the anguish that we will have to watch Carla go through.
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s3/coronation-street/news/a559452/coronation-street-68m-watch-kevin-websters-return-on-friday.html

I know these viewing figures are slightly skewed because of Sport Relief, but Emmerdale got more viewers than Corrie's second episode....

Appalling figures, even for the first episode. Second episode dire but probably dented a little by Sport Relief. Still think it would of been low 6 mills regardless, it really is shocking at the moment.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Completely agree with this. We've gone from them saying how supposedly hot and sexy these scenes with Peter and Tina are, and how much chemistry they supposedly have, to how much Peter will regret this affair. I said a while ago that I think the original plan was for Tina to stay in London, but with both the negative public reaction and the decision to kill her off, what we're seeing now was 'tagged onto the end' if you like. There's definitely been a shift lately in the way we've seen Peter act and what little of his feelings we can read, and perhaps if it's all been hastily rewritten that may explain (but not excuse) some of the dire writing and repetitive scenes. They surely couldn't have had this affair planned for months before and believed it would be a good story? The whole thing is quite clearly a mess.

Not surprised at all about the low ratings, and I hope they continue to drop to be honest. As much as I feel for Chris etc seeing scenes he spends long days filming being criticized or not watched at all, I think to be honest all the cast involved feel pretty much how we do about them too, and let's face it, they get paid either way so I doubt they cry themselves to sleep over it.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s3/coronation-street/scoop/a559506/corrie-baby-shocks-eastenders-plan-emmerdale-arrest-hollyoaks-crash.html#ixzz2wogzEgu

"Carla's revelation makes a big impact on Peter as he realises just how much he loves her, so he vows to stand by her whether she has the baby or not."

The rest of the episode/week sounds dire, but this gives me some small hope we might at least have one decent scene between Carla and Peter before Tina sticks her oar in. I'm glad Peter promises to support her either way; it's what I'd hoped he'd say. It also gives me some hope she may not end up saddled with a baby alone after all, and we still don't know that she'll decide to keep it.
    Forum Member
    For once I'm not cringing at the spoilers http://www.corrie.net/kabin/gazette.html here is the link if you've not seen. I'm actually not dreading that week, I think I'll give tonight a miss for sure with the hotel nonsense but I may watch the abortion clinic scenes.

Also seems Tina won't be pregnant, which is positive but I wonder what the impact will be of Peter spilling to Steve. Maybe we will finally get an insight into his feelings about Carla and Tina etc.

To me it's quite clear what is going to happen, he tells Tina he doesn't want any kids, and Carla then decides to keep the baby. Tina finds out and I'm sure there will be big implications. Possibly blackmail, would make sense with the angry argument they are having in those pictures when he is getting into a taxi.

Kind of glad corrie might become watchable now both the Marcus and Todd and Peter and Tina affair has come to and end. Seems the love triangle stuff is over for the time being, although may have a rebirth with Steve, Andrea and Lloyd.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't remember the last time spoilers seemed remotely positive, so this is certainly refreshing. Of course, I'm fully expecting things to turn dire again the following week, and continue to be right up until Peter's exit, but hey. Let's make the most of the positives, especially the end of this affair, finally! I'm glad that Peter vows to support Carla either way, as well, as when/if Carla decides to keep it, it'll be on her terms and not just because Peter pressured her into it, which makes me feel ever so slightly better about her probably ending up a single mother in a few months time.

I agree that this is probably what's going to happen, and Michelle Keegan even said that "if" Tina found out Peter does want kids, just not with her, Tina would be gutted, so we as good as know that Carla will keep the baby. I can definitely see her getting very jealous when she finds out, probably threatening to tell all to Carla, hence the arguments.

Having Steve know about the affair will be interesting, although how realistic is it that he wouldn't slip up and tell Michelle within a few hours? The man can't lie to save his life. The idea that he'll be another person that knows and doesn't tell Carla also annoys me. She really is going to be the last to know, isn't she?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like a brilliant week for Carter!
  • princesseggnessprincesseggness Posts: 494
    Forum Member
    I can't remember the last time spoilers seemed remotely positive, so this is certainly refreshing. Of course, I'm fully expecting things to turn dire again the following week, and continue to be right up until Peter's exit, but hey. Let's make the most of the positives, especially the end of this affair, finally! I'm glad that Peter vows to support Carla either way, as well, as when/if Carla decides to keep it, it'll be on her terms and not just because Peter pressured her into it, which makes me feel ever so slightly better about her probably ending up a single mother in a few months time.

I agree that this is probably what's going to happen, and Michelle Keegan even said that "if" Tina found out Peter does want kids, just not with her, Tina would be gutted, so we as good as know that Carla will keep the baby. I can definitely see her getting very jealous when she finds out, probably threatening to tell all to Carla, hence the arguments.

Having Steve know about the affair will be interesting, although how realistic is it that he wouldn't slip up and tell Michelle within a few hours? The man can't lie to save his life. The idea that he'll be another person that knows and doesn't tell Carla also annoys me. She really is going to be the last to know, isn't she?

Hey, we might actually just have over a month of Tina! Hooray! :):D:D:D The end of the affair is nigh! What a relief! :D

It will be interesting having Steve's involvement in the end of this affair sl. As you say, it is another person finding out about the affair, besides Steph! I agree, Steve won't be able to keep it to himself though. But, I can't see him telling Michelle. It's far too risky, even for Steve. Yes, Steve isn't great with secrets, and even though he's daft as a brush, most of the time,...something tells me, he won't tell Michelle. Because, he'll know she won't be able to keep it from Carla, as her best mate. Michelle will feel compelled to tell Carla. Otherwise, she'd feel like she would be betraying Carla, if she kept it to herself. Don't forget, Michelle nearly lost Carla's friendship over the situation with Rob trying to scam Carla, over the factory. So,...I don't think Michelle would risk her friendship with Carla, over Peter's affair.

I also think Steve considers Peter his mate now anyway. And, I don't really think Steve will judge Peter. It's not as if Steve hasn't had similar misdemeanours of his own, over the years. I think Steve will try and remain loyal to Peter. However,...having said all that,...I can still see that Steve won't be able keep from blurting it out to his own best-mate, Lloyd. But, hoping that Lloyd will remain schtum. That's probably where things might really start to spiral out of control. Especially, after Tina's demise. I seem to have it in my head, somewhere in the distant past. picking up on the fact Lloyd had a soft spot for Tina. He sees Tina as a good mate. Anyway, Lloyd might not be too pleased finding out that Tina has virtually been used and abused by Peter. He might feel a bit protective of her. Lloyd may not be so charitable over Peter, once news breaks out that Tina is dead. Lloyd might turn on Peter, being suspicious, and think Peter has something to do with Tina's death (not sure about Steve. Too early to say). Then again, I might just be talking complete nonsense. :blush::confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm, maybe. By the time Tina is killed, we'll have at least 3 other people knowing about the affair, if you count Liz, so I'm sure that in the course of the investigation it'll come to light and if Carla doesn't know about it by then, she sure will afterwards. And I doubt Michelle will be too pleased that Steve kept it from her either, despite the obvious fact that if he told her, she'd have told Carla.

We did get a tiny bit more backstory tonight, although it still a massively wasted opportunity, what with having all these relatives there but no interactions at all other than Rob saying hi to a few people. Such a shame this is all being framed around the stupid affair and the pregnancy story, really. I did love the scenes with Carla and Michelle under the blanket looking through old photos, though, even if it is a tad unrealistic that Carla would've held onto those photos all those time, let alone had them ready to hand like that.
  • madaboutcarlamadaboutcarla Posts: 10,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is nice to see positive spoilers but for me it doesn't make a difference in the big scheme. It shouldn't have taken this for Peter to realise how much he loves her and the lack of guilt he's shown blew it all for me.

But looking forward to Ali's acting.
    Forum Member
    I haven't been able to do the magazine scans yet but if anyone wants me to upload them, I'll get them done at some point today. I think most, if not all of the spoilers are online, though.

According to Soaplife
    After Peter dumps Tina next week, Steph tries to convince her that she should forget about the affair and move on but it's clear that Tina wants revenge. Peter is worried that she is going to tell Carla.

‘Carla’s ultimatum’ is on the preview for the next issue of Soaplife.

On the preview for the next issue of All About Soap, there's a bit about Steve and Peter - "Steve confronts Peter about his affair with Tina - but will Mr B spill the beans?":confused::confused:

I’m glad Peter tells Carla that he’ll stand by her whatever she decides to do but in the end, I still think he’ll make it clear that he wants her to keep the baby and Carla will give him an ultimatum. Which is where the rehab scenes could come into it.
    Forum Member
    There's a fab interview with Alison King in TV Times http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=wgtj61&s=8

A few quotes from Ali's interview:

"I'm married to Chris on-screen and he's like my husband in real life. We argue, we bicker, we love each other and I tell him what to do and where to stand."

"I don't want Chris to go, though. Peter and Carla are such a fantastic couple. They're exciting, dynamic and have a great sexual chemistry. They're so dangerous, it's thrilling. I'm just hoping that Chris comes back!"

"Personally, for me as an actress, it's better if Carla doesn't have a baby."

"However, if they decide to make Carla a mum, I'll go with that and take it whichever way they want. I trust the writers - plus, I have played a pregnant woman before and loved stroking the bump. If it happens, it will remind me of being pregnant with my daughter Daisy, which I loved."

There's a great interview with Michelle Keegan, too: http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2432pld&s=8

A few quotes from Michelle's interview:

"I got on with Ali from day one, but we didn't see a lot of each other. Now we work together nearly every day. She's an amazing actress. She's so sweet, too - this morning she brought me breakfast in my dressing gown."

"The worst thing for me is that Tina and Carla are friends and I don't think she'd ever do that to her."

"Tina's become obsessed with Peter."

"The only good thing about her death is that the affair will end."
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for these. Michelle really doesn't like this story does she?! I hope her saying Tina's death will mean the affair ends isn't a hint that Peter finishing with her next week isn't the end of it. Please god they wouldn't go through the whole charade of them getting back together AGAIN would they? >:(

No one involved in this story (Blackburn aside) have had a single good thing to say about it pretty much from day one. I love how they're not even pretending anymore, they're all coming out and saying "yeah, they'd never do that, this is crap".

Interesting that Michelle and Ali are working together so much now. I'm definitely thinking this will turn into the bunny boiler plot we wanted before, maybe with Tina getting closer to Carla, using her to get to Peter or something.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for these. Michelle really doesn't like this story does she?! I hope her saying Tina's death will mean the affair ends isn't a hint that Peter finishing with her next week isn't the end of it. Please god they wouldn't go through the whole charade of them getting back together AGAIN would they? >:(

No one involved in this story (Blackburn aside) have had a single good thing to say about it pretty much from day one. I love how they're not even pretending anymore, they're all coming out and saying "yeah, they'd never do that, this is crap".

Interesting that Michelle and Ali are working together so much now. I'm definitely thinking this will turn into the bunny boiler plot we wanted before, maybe with Tina getting closer to Carla, using her to get to Peter or something.

I don't think any of them do.

i get the impression the affair does end next week, but there's something about Gary being suspicious of them, so I hope that's just to do with Tina's revenge and not letting Peter go rather than them continuing their affair.

I am pleased that Peter will realise how much he loves Carla, and I won't deny that I am looking forward to some (hopefully) lovely scenes between them again before the affair comes out but I just can't forgive and forget Peter's action sadly, mainly because of the ease and lack of guilt he had!
    Forum Member
    Scarlettj wrote: »
    There's a fab interview with Alison King in TV Times http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=wgtj61&s=8

A few quotes from Ali's interview:

"I'm married to Chris on-screen and he's like my husband in real life. We argue, we bicker, we love each other and I tell him what to do and where to stand."

"I don't want Chris to go, though. Peter and Carla are such a fantastic couple. They're exciting, dynamic and have a great sexual chemistry. They're so dangerous, it's thrilling. I'm just hoping that Chris comes back!"

"Personally, for me as an actress, it's better if Carla doesn't have a baby."

"However, if they decide to make Carla a mum, I'll go with that and take it whichever way they want. I trust the writers - plus, I have played a pregnant woman before and loved stroking the bump. If it happens, it will remind me of being pregnant with my daughter Daisy, which I loved."

There's a great interview with Michelle Keegan, too: http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2432pld&s=8

A few quotes from Michelle's interview:

"I got on with Ali from day one, but we didn't see a lot of each other. Now we work together nearly every day. She's an amazing actress. She's so sweet, too - this morning she brought me breakfast in my dressing gown."

"The worst thing for me is that Tina and Carla are friends and I don't think she'd ever do that to her."

"Tina's become obsessed with Peter."

"The only good thing about her death is that the affair will end."

Thank you for posting the interviews, there's only so long I can stand in the shop and read the magazines without buying them ;-)

After reading Ali's comments I'm pretty sure that Carla won't keep the baby. With all the big name departures coming up, and characters that have already left (had Stella gone yet?) Blackburn would be daft in my opinion not to try and keep everyone happy.

I like the fact that Michelle Keegan is being completely honest too, she dislikes the storyline and even she said it is out of character. The only thing that got me was when she said her death will end the affair, so obviously they don't break up any time soon.

I know I should probably ask this in the main Corrie thread, but can anyone tell me what going on with Maria? I keep seeing things on Twitter about her, and this morning someone said something about her and Tyrone? I haven't watched since Hayley's death so I'm a bit confused :confused:

:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After reading Ali's comments I'm pretty sure that Carla won't keep the baby. With all the big name departures coming up, and characters that have already left (had Stella gone yet?) Blackburn would be daft in my opinion not to try and keep everyone happy.
    Yeah, I thought that. I know they can't say outright what's happening a month or so in advance, but she seemed to genuinely not know whether Carla will actually have the baby or not, but it was quite clear she was against it, so fingers crossed Blackburn might actually listen to an actor's opinion for once.
    I like the fact that Michelle Keegan is being completely honest too, she dislikes the storyline and even she said it is out of character. The only thing that got me was when she said her death will end the affair, so obviously they don't break up any time soon.

I know I should probably ask this in the main Corrie thread, but can anyone tell me what going on with Maria? I keep seeing things on Twitter about her, and this morning someone said something about her and Tyrone? I haven't watched since Hayley's death so I'm a bit confused :confused:
    I'm hoping Michelle's comment was just meaning the whole drama surrounding the affair, and what looks like Tina's later obsession with Peter, as opposed to Peter getting back with Tina. Next week is a massive wake up call for Peter and I really can't see him going back to the affair. I get the impression Tina will turn nasty after next week, and probably wouldn't take him back anyway.
    As for Maria, she caught Marcus and Todd together and threw him out. She's actually been drinking something stronger than spritzers in the pub lately and snapping at people, and according to spoilers she's headed for some kind of breakdown (which, knowing corrie, will last 10 minutes). I heard something about her kissing Tyrone but I don't know where it came from.
    Forum Member

No problem.:) Unfortunately, it sounds like that's exactly what will happen. Tina's not going to leave Peter alone and he will soon realise that he has shot himself in the foot with everything he has promised her. Peter's going to be desperate to stop Tina from telling Carla everything and desperate to stop Tina from finding out that Carla's pregnant - so I'm thinking that he will go back to telling Tina what she wants to hear, and I wonder if he will try to persuade Carla that they should move back to LA (which would surely make her suspicious because she'd know that he wouldn't want to leave Simon again):confused:

I think you're right.
    Thank you for posting the interviews, there's only so long I can stand in the shop and read the magazines without buying them ;-)

No worries.:D

I still think there's a chance that Carla will have an abortion when she finds out about Tina and Peter but right now, it seems more likely to me that she is going to end up having the baby and although AK has said that she'd rather that didn't happen, she has also said that she trusts the writers so if they do go down that route, she will go with it and take it whichever way they want.

If Carla does end up with a baby and AK isn't happy with the set up or it turns out to be a mistake for Carla as a character, then there are still options. They wouldn't want to lose AK, that's for sure - so if the worst comes to the worst, they could go down yet another tragic route for Carla. For example, I don't know if anyone here watches Hollyoaks... but there is currently a big storyline where a mother, Sinead, has repeatedly tried to tell her family, friends and her doctor that her daughter is seriously ill, but no one believes her because all the tests they've done have suggested that there's nothing wrong with the baby, so they think Sinead is making it all up for attention. However, she's been right all along and sadly, the baby dies.
    I always thought that making Sinead a mother wasn't a good idea and I'm not surprised they've decided to give her this tragic storyline. In the past, I don't think she's been a very popular character but people are feeling sorry for her now and the storyline has given the actress, Stephanie Davis, a chance to shine.

:)

Apparently Maria has some sort of breakdown after catching Marcus with Todd (which happened the other day) and I think she even starts sending Tyrone text messages, pretending to be Kirsty.

There seems to be an obsession with love triangles on Corrie so I guess that a Fiz/Tyrone/Maria love triangle could be on the cards.
    Forum Member
    Thanks for filling me in guys :-)

Watched some random clips on Youtube, and I hope Maria goes mad like she did after Liam died, I might start watching again if she does :-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.itv.com/coronationstreet/extras/peters-pregnancies
    http://www.itv.com/coronationstreet/previews/preview-fri-4th-apr-730pm

Backstage video with Chris & a preview video.

I must say it is nice to hear Peter finally confide in someone about the affair, and it does sound like he truly loves Carla and it has been a mistake - for me it doesn't change too much but it is nice to hear and hopefully when Carter do end, it'll be with the viewers left clear that it is Carla he loves.

Ali's acting was amazing last night - I thought true to Carla's character.