I Think We Need A Memorial Thread

Comments

• ShuttermazeShuttermaze Posts: 7,284
    Forum Member
    My friends 2 ragdoll boys were stolen and poisoned yesterday 2 beautiful boys who were loving and friendly god bless them r.I.p xander and angel x

Ohh Sally, that is just awful. Sleep tight little ones. My heart and thoughts go to your friend.

DPS wrote: »
    Lost my Daisy almost one year ago, and this morning my other cat Tiggy collapsed and died of old age (twenty-three years). Miss my babies so much. Their beautiful little faces and funny little ways. Heartbroken.

DPS, sending heartfelt thoughts your way for both of your babes. xxx
    sesmo wrote: »
    Didn't think I'd be back on this thread less than a year after the last one. We've just had to have my lovely first pony put to sleep. She was 40. I'd owned her since I was 11. She'd not been in the best of health for a couple of weeks but nothing serious. Tonight however she was laid down and wasn't able to get up. She'd been bullying one of the other ponies off her feed this lunchtime so this has come as a bit of a shock. We were going to give her one last summer and then make a decision this autumn but that's been taken out of our hands.

RIP Betsy, you were a little gingery cracker.

Sesmo, What a grand age for your pony. And what a wonderful life she had with you. Thinking of you xxx
    fefster wrote: »
    I've lost my lovely cat so suddenly. RIP Tally. Loved you so much xx

Fefster. Hope you're doing ok. It's so hard to let them go, but memories will never, ever fade.

Emzie21 wrote: »
    RIP to Shuttermaze's lovely boy Turbo, all your pet family on here are thinking of you xxx

Emzie21, Bless you so much for thinking of me and Boo. I miss him dreadfully..

Neb Adra, Sooty had a long and happy life with you. Hope you're doing ok. Thinking of you..

I put some photos of my darling Turbo in an album on FB, thought you might like to see them My Darling Boo x

I won't ever, ever forget you xxx
  • hornbeamhornbeam Posts: 9,483
    Forum Member
    So sorry to hear about your poodle Neb:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you guys, it's nice to hear sympathies. Some people don't get how much a part of the family a pet can be, and it's not nice to hear "ah well, he was old wasn't he", like it doesn't really matter. Sorry to hear about everyone else's losses, my genuine sympathies and thoughts are with you all x
  • blossom24blossom24 Posts: 411
    Forum Member
    Sorry to hear about Sooty, like you say people who don't have pets don't realise the size of the hole they leave in our hearts.

I,for one, could not have loved a child anymore than I loved Amber.

Thinking of you, take care xx
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 333
    Forum Member
    Hi all, We had to put our cat Felix to sleep today. He had not been well for a while, Vet said he had a tumour in his bowel, so he had not been eating. He had lost so much weight since Christmas, it was heartbreaking to see him wasting away:cry: So we took the decision over the weekend and he was put to sleep earlier today.
    We inherited him from my Father in law when he passed away, and we promised we would look after him. He was a flea bitten furball when we first had him and had gone a bit feral as father in law had been unable to look after him properly as his health failed. We really didn't think we would have him that long, but 4 and a half years later here we are:cry: He was a special cat, and we loved him very much. He got a new lease of life at our house with its garden, and view of the fields.(Different from the Inner city of Birmingham he was used to) We will miss him.:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,924
    Forum Member
    So sorry for your loss Stuart. Your wee pusskins was well loved and so lucky to have been so well cared for. My thoughts go out to you and your wife. x
    Forum Member
    I can only echo avasgranny's thoughts. Take care x
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 333
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the replys guys. We realy appreciate it:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We lost one of maisey moos little girls this afternoon. I had too send her too the bridge and feel so guilty for doing it. She became ill over the weekend and when we took her the vet said she had kidney or liver failure. I am heartbroken and at a loss what I did wrong.
    22/08/09 - 25/02/13. Peaches. One little girl that I will never ever forget about. Give all our fur baby's that at
    E up there with you a big hug from me. Till we meet again love your human mummy
  • molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh so sorry Maisie and everyone else who has lost a beloved family member.
    Forum Member
    Sorry to hear about your loss, Maisie.

Hugs coming your way x
  • caz06caz06 Posts: 849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well shadow, my beloved family dog of 15 years sadly died on friday night, she died of old age, she's been hanging on as long as she could, we've been expecting it since christmas, and on friday i just knew it was coming, and im so glad i hugged her and kissed her and told her how much i loved her before going to work, as when i got home she was lying in her bed sadly paced away, bought quite a few flowers for her over the weekend and i've dug her grave in the back garden today which shes grew up in and had many happy memeories, hoping to bury her tomorrow morning and finally lay her at rest xx
    Forum Member
    Oh Caz I am so sorry to hear about your beloved girl.

Its just the hardest thing in the world to be without our babies.

hugs for you xx
  • snowy ghostsnowy ghost Posts: 40,079
    Forum Member
    only just noticed this thread..big hugs toall
  • JJ75JJ75 Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A poem for all the lucky cherished greyhounds out there and also hope for the uncherished ones.

RIP our boy xxx

I didn't really want you, I wasn't really sure
    And I'll admit I had my doubts when you first came through that door
    Not small, or cute, or fluffy, with big soft puppy eyes,
    But tall and thin and bony, with bald pink bulging thighs.
    You weren't the kind I had in mind, not in any way.
    Perhaps it would be better, if I took you back today
    Before we know each other, it really won't be kind,
    To keep you here for one more day and then to change my mind.
    But against my better judgement, I decided you could stay
    and quickly I discovered, you were kind in every way.
    Your gentleness and patience really stole the show
    "Why! These dogs are wonderful, I must let others know"
    You're my gentle giant, who just needed a chance,
    To show us all what you could be, to wipe away that history.
    Dispel our preconceptions, that put us all to shame
    and so we come to know and love, what lies beneath that frame.
    And now I've come to understand, what I missed right at the start,
    That Greyhounds need that great deep chest...
    To house their great big hearts
  • Kat1966Kat1966 Posts: 2,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JJ75 wrote: »
    A poem for all the lucky cherished greyhounds out there and also hope for the uncherished ones.

RIP our boy xxx

I didn't really want you, I wasn't really sure
    And I'll admit I had my doubts when you first came through that door
    Not small, or cute, or fluffy, with big soft puppy eyes,
    But tall and thin and bony, with bald pink bulging thighs.
    You weren't the kind I had in mind, not in any way.
    Perhaps it would be better, if I took you back today
    Before we know each other, it really won't be kind,
    To keep you here for one more day and then to change my mind.
    But against my better judgement, I decided you could stay
    and quickly I discovered, you were kind in every way.
    Your gentleness and patience really stole the show
    "Why! These dogs are wonderful, I must let others know"
    You're my gentle giant, who just needed a chance,
    To show us all what you could be, to wipe away that history.
    Dispel our preconceptions, that put us all to shame
    and so we come to know and love, what lies beneath that frame.
    And now I've come to understand, what I missed right at the start,
    That Greyhounds need that great deep chest...
    To house their great big hearts

Thank you for that through a haze of tears, I had to have my beloved ex racer Roxy PTS at the end of January and my heart is still broken. I miss her lying on my feet when I am on the laptop, the little dance she used to do when I got her lead, the greyhound lean (the one against your legs, that makes you stagger), her gentleness with our Westie puppy on her first night at home last year ~ Rox darling, I knew it was time and I'm sorry that I couldn't stay with you in those last moments, but my heart was breaking and I knew your daddy would cuddle you just as much.

I have never seen my husband cry so much as he did that day, he couldn't drive at first, we sat outside the vets just crying and crying, and possibly the worst thing was that our Westie was looking for Rox when we walked in and that set us off again.

My Roxy ~ 2002 ~ 2013. Be happy darling, we will see you again one day
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,976
    Forum Member
    I'm sorry to hear of the new additions to this thread :(

I had a dream the other night about my beloved Winnie who died in 2011. I dreamt that she had gone missing but returned on my 21st birthday (today). I cried at her return and didn't care for any of the presents that I'd received because Winnie coming home was all that I wanted.

I hope that in some small, bittersweet way that story puts a little smile on your faces, if only for a minute or so.

Take care x
  • Sharon140Sharon140 Posts: 27
    Forum Member
    mimicole wrote: »
    I'm sorry to hear of the new additions to this thread :(

I had a dream the other night about my beloved Winnie who died in 2011. I dreamt that she had gone missing but returned on my 21st birthday (today). I cried at her return and didn't care for any of the presents that I'd received because Winnie coming home was all that I wanted.

I hope that in some small, bittersweet way that story puts a little smile on your faces, if only for a minute or so.

Take care x

That's a lovely dream to have, I hope to have such a dream about my girl one day. I keep hoping but nothing yet although I have seen her once just days after she passed she ran past me on the stairs and then disapeared into thin air :cry:
  • Yugimuto1Yugimuto1 Posts: 5,047
    Forum Member
    My cat went missing last year and has never returned. :(
  • CelticMythCelticMyth Posts: 3,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My dear old dog and buddy of 15 years has taken a real turn for the worst. Going to have to say goodbye soon. :(

I'm absolutely gutted -he has been my constant shadow since I was a boy at Primary School :cry:
  • hornbeamhornbeam Posts: 9,483
    Forum Member
    Yugimuto1 wrote: »
    My cat went missing last year and has never returned. :(

I am sorry :(
    CelticMyth wrote: »
    My dear old dog and buddy of 15 years has taken a real turn for the worst. Going to have to say goodbye soon. :(

I'm absolutely gutted -he has been my constant shadow since I was a boy at Primary School :cry:

It is so very hard to say goodbye. My thoughts are with you:(
  • eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The family cat, Tiger, died yesterday. One moment she was playing, an hour later we found her dead.

It looked like she just went, she didn't look in pain or distress.

She had just turned 12 last month.

RIP Tiger :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,924
    Forum Member
    The family cat, Tiger, died yesterday. One moment she was playing, an hour later we found her dead.

Huge hugs Eugene and to all others who have lost their much loved pals lately. x
  • SmithmanSmithman Posts: 6,184
    Forum Member

So sorry eugenespeed :(
  • CelticMythCelticMyth Posts: 3,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My old friend had to be PTS yesterday. :(

RIP Watson. March 1998-April 2013. The best dog a guy could ever have. Thanks for the memories. xxx