new number same town but nothing like old

Hi.

Due to have a new line after Christmas I had the new number today and its nothing like my old.

its in the same town is this normal?

01554 7768 its changing to 01554 2297
basically all the numbers in town start with 77

Comments

• chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you changing from BT to another provider? Not unusual for different providers to have different number ranges.

For example here in Reading BT numbers start with a 9 and Virgin with a 3 after the 0118 dialling code.
  • DANCE OF DEATHDANCE OF DEATH Posts: 4,781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chrisjr wrote: »
    Are you changing from BT to another provider? Not unusual for different providers to have different number ranges.

For example here in Reading BT numbers start with a 9 and Virgin with a 3 after the 0118 dialling code.

In Seaham County Durham we have ran out of BT numbers. were are normally 513 or 581 after 0191, but I know if you are with Talk Talk it is 597 after 0191 or with Sky it is 469 are 0191.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,414
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chrisjr wrote: »

Its going to be a talk talk new line.
  • Steven L HunterSteven L Hunter Posts: 10,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    moonburn wrote: »
    Its going to be a talk talk new line.

That would explain it as they use their own numbers you could've opted to keep your own number but it depends if that number is available had you gone with BT in your new home (ie if you are on the same exchange)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,414
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That would explain it as they use their own numbers you could've opted to keep your own number but it depends if that number is available had you gone with BT in your new home (ie if you are on the same exchange)

Aw thanks for that :)
    was getting a bit worried then :D
  • philenglandphilengland Posts: 8,176
    Forum Member
    some numbers in the Llanelli area start 01554 75...