Best TV Listings/Programme Guide for Freeview

2»

Comments

• Hayley_babyHayley_baby Posts: 15,825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gds1972 wrote: »
    I did a little google search and like the look of this one.

http://www.zingzing.co.uk/tvguide/

It may take a little bit of playing around to get things where you want them but it seems very similar to Digiguide.

Edit: Sorry googleking I didn't notice you had already posted a link to this site.

I use this one too. This site is really good I can delete the channels I don't watch and just have a guide for the ones I do :)
  • tweenietweenie Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't loked through above yet but use tvguide and radiotimes.
    I find the search on radio times better.

Wanted to ask though - is anone else frustrated that EPG does not state whether a programme is a repeat. Why can't they include the (R) that you see in paper guides ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can anyone recommend a weekly printed Tv guide that gives the widest coverage of freeview and freesat by any chance?
  • jj20xjj20x Posts: 2,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can anyone recommend a weekly printed Tv guide that gives the widest coverage of freeview and freesat by any chance?

TV & Satellite Week seems fairly decent...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you, will give it a go.

I want to see what's on freesat in case we are

a) able to get a dish

b) think it's worth the messing about if we can do (a)
  • joshua_welbyjoshua_welby Posts: 9,025
    Forum Member
    The Total TV Guide magazine mostly has listings for Freeview in fact it hardly lists other channels

http://bauer.subscribeonline.co.uk/tv-listings/total-tv-guide
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bit of a bump. :p

Is there a decent magazine you can get from the shops that has all the channels listed, as its bloody annoying having to pop the guide on all the time to find out whats on Talking Pictures Tv etc...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 89
    Forum Member
    Grouty wrote: »
    Bit of a bump. :p

Is there a decent magazine you can get from the shops that has all the channels listed, as its bloody annoying having to pop the guide on all the time to find out whats on Talking Pictures Tv etc...

There does not appear to be any magazine which includes all the freeview entertainment channels.
    Even the dearest and biggest, the Radio Times does not have them all, not even on its website.
    I find Total TV Guide to be the best.
    It does not have Talking Pictures but does have most of the others including the Horror channel, which is not listed on the Radio Times site and presumably not in their magazine.
    There were a lot of complaints a couple of months ago when Total TV Guide was revamped and some channels were not included at the expense of more Sky programmes.
    There was a thread all about it on this forum.
    The company responded to this and included the missing channels after a few weeks.
    The only problem with it now, is that there are no daily radio listings.
  • chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Viewer66 wrote: »
    There does not appear to be any magazine which includes all the freeview entertainment channels.
    Even the dearest and biggest, the Radio Times does not have them all, not even on its website.
    It does not have Talking Pictures but does have most of the others including the Horror channel, which is not listed on the Radio Times site and presumably not in their magazine.
    There were a lot of complaints a couple of months ago when Total TV Guide was revamped and some channels were not included at the expense of more Sky programmes.
    The company responded to this and included the missing channels after a few weeks.

Just gone to the Radio Times website and it has both Horror and Talking Pictures listings for Freeview.

Only channels I can see missing are the +1s and the shopping channels.
    Forum Member
    chrisjr wrote: »
    Just gone to the Radio Times website and it has both Horror and Talking Pictures listings for Freeview.

Only channels I can see missing are the +1s and the shopping channels.

I cannot see the Horror channel on this link
    I even did a Ctrl F search with firefox on the page.
    http://www.radiotimes.com/tv/tv-listings?sd=24-11-2015%2012:00
    Did you have a different link?
  • chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cannot see the Horror channel on this link
    I even did a Ctrl F search with firefox on the page.
    http://www.radiotimes.com/tv/tv-listings?sd=24-11-2015%2012:00
    Did you have a different link?

They are both listed on that link. But that is probably because the Radio Times website drops a cookie on your machine to identify what channel selections you have made.

What you could do to check is...

Click on My Channels above the listings. Check the ITV/BBC local region settings then click the Set Channels tab. Ensure Freeview is selected as the provider. You should then see these channels listed. Though they might be unticked which is why you don't see them and I do.
    Forum Member
    chrisjr wrote: »
    They are both listed on that link. But that is probably because the Radio Times website drops a cookie on your machine to identify what channel selections you have made.

What you could do to check is...

Click on My Channels above the listings. Check the ITV/BBC local region settings then click the Set Channels tab. Ensure Freeview is selected as the provider. You should then see these channels listed. Though they might be unticked which is why you don't see them and I do.

Thanks.
    All channels were ticked, but the set channels tab was set to "Popular Channels", not to Freeview.
    I can see it now.
  • ClusterbombedClusterbombed Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    It's mentioned on P1 of this thread, but it's worth repeating. I've used Digiguide for Windows for over a decade now, and love it. Notifications of favourite programmes about to start, order your channels however you like, search by name, actor, director, keyword etc, add or delete channels from other than your normal service (for example I have NowTV as well as Freeview, so can see the Sky channels from that alongside the freeview channels).

The only downside is that it is now £15 a year (a £5 rise in ten years, which I guess isn't too bad).

Plus, I prefer the Windows version to the online 'premium' version.
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thanks, will take a look at that :)