gold2040gold2040 Posts: 3,049
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anyone watching this?, looks to be quite harrowing

Comments

• eveningstareveningstar Posts: 19,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll be watching, I've always thought Trevor McDonald does interesting documentaries and this looks just as good but very different to recent ones.
  • Aarghawasp!Aarghawasp! Posts: 6,205
    Forum Member
    What channel? I'll look for it on catch up.
  • boksboxboksbox Posts: 4,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gold2040 wrote: »
    Anyone watching this?, looks to be quite harrowing

i saw a similar programme last week on the Discovery channel, they interviewd death row inmates righ to the day before execution then filmed them again a few mins post execution as they were returned to their families and friends.
  • eveningstareveningstar Posts: 19,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What channel? I'll look for it on catch up.

itv at 9 o'clock
  • Aarghawasp!Aarghawasp! Posts: 6,205
    Forum Member
    Oh ok, I thought you were watching it just now. Thanks.
  • coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gentlemen you know.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's strange, the prisoner who was convicted of double homicide aged 13, thrown into prison at 15 and has been in there for 25 years, I feel strangely sorry for him.
    I know his crimes were horrendous and of course he should be punished for them, but I feel sorry for the childhood he never had.
  • gold2040gold2040 Posts: 3,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's strange, the prisoner who was convicted of double homicide aged 13, thrown into prison at 15 and has been in there for 25 years, I feel strangely sorry for him.
    I know his crimes were horrendous and of course he should be punished for them, but I feel sorry for the childhood he never had.
    I feel the same way, such a jolly fellow from the way he carried himself in stark contrast to the murders he committed
  • Joel's dadJoel's dad Posts: 4,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its intense for sure.
  • Joel's dadJoel's dad Posts: 4,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    170 seems a tad harsh for a 13 y o jmo
  • habbyhabby Posts: 10,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seems if you're a murderer you must have tattoos!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This program is not suiting Trevor. I am almost cringing at how awkward yet so polite he seems. Enjoying it though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 317
    Forum Member
    dizzychick wrote: »
    This program is not suiting Trevor. I am almost cringing at how awkward yet so polite he seems. Enjoying it though.

he does seam awkward, but the so would i be there!
  • LW09LW09 Posts: 3,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I quite like that he's being polite. So many people on these types of documentaries just interrogate them. This one just feels like dropping in on them, and its great to see a human side to what is usually a group of people perceived as dangerous monsters.

I think anyone would feel a little awkward or apprehensive in that kind of setting.
  • j'aimelatelej'aimelatele Posts: 557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldnt say it doesnt suit him but i keep expecting Louis Theroux to come up on screen and start interviewing too!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LW09 wrote: »
    This one just feels like dropping in on them, and its great to see a human side to what is usually a group of people perceived as dangerous monsters.

That sums it up really well!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldnt say it doesnt suit him but i keep expecting Louis Theroux to come up on screen and start interviewing too!

lol! I am slightly stranger then you as Trevor is reminding me a little of the Queen?! I keep picturing her in there saying hello all very polite and British :eek:
  • heikerheiker Posts: 7,029
    Forum Member

Can't help thinking that for the same crime but committed in the UK as opposed to the USA most of these guys would be out of prison in years totalling barely two figures and certainly never full life sentences.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 449
    Forum Member

I'm finding it fascinating. This particular prisoner comes across as very intelligent and articulate and you do find yourself feeling an empathy for him.

Makes me wonder what things would be like if we had death row or those types of sentences here.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 449
    Forum Member
    heiker wrote: »
    Can't help thinking that for the same crime but committed in the UK as opposed to the USA most of these guys would be out of prison in years totalling barely two figures and certainly never full life sentences.

Exactly what I was just thinking!
  • tinmantinman Posts: 3,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wonder when Ricks due out?
  • CherrybomberCherrybomber Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think he is perfect, the prisoners are polite and intelligent too.Trevor is treating them with respect.

I know some of these people did the most horrifying things but the death penalty is just not acceptable for me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think he is perfect, the prisoners are polite and intelligent too.Trevor is treating them with respect.

I know some of these people did the most horrifying things but the death penalty is just not acceptable for me.

My views on Trevor being in there has nothing to do with my death penalty views :eek:

Though I am completely against the death penalty. Walking a man to his death makes a person no better then the crime that was committed. . Its all wrong! But will save that one for another day ;)
  • ganderpoke66ganderpoke66 Posts: 2,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    heiker wrote: »

So, what are you saying, which penal system protects the public better , USA or UK ?
  • Wayne_DanielsWayne_Daniels Posts: 1,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trevors questions are poor